Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program

48 minutes ago, JZilla said:

My first "our song" and it's not what you think. This was before i'd ever had sex. The key to my relationship with my oft-referenced Li'l Bardot - my HS sweetheart i had an on-again-off-again thang with for over 40 yrs - is that she loved kissing me. She did not like fronting w me, hanging w me, even messing w me, which made me very shy around her. But we had kissed in a party game and then, at school, she started trapping me in places, nibbling on me a li'l bit, then laughing her way to class. When this song came out, LB had a eureka moment. After a nibble near the busses, she said in her ever-teasing way, "I can't do this any more. I don't think about you at all hardly but, when we make out, all i think about all day is making out again. So, if i find you in the morning, you gotta find me again during the day. Maybe then i'll start thinking about you."

Well, a 13 yo boy aint gonna ever think about anything else than being ordered to make tiny sexual assaults on the hottest girl in school on the odd days she caught you at the busses. #### algebra, #### basketball, #### all the little hustles i purely loved, #### both rock and roll, #### everything. There were like 7-8 months there that i couldnt complete a conversation for the thought of Li'l Bardot snackin' on me before i'd fully digested my Sugar Crisps and bouncing away singing "Love me two times, baaaaybee." and then maybe not doing it again for 13 days since i don't know when, do you know what i mean?! But i completed my mission and, soon enough, i started getting invites to her richass house and working my way into the graces of her Tennessee Williams parents. That yoyo string is wrapped around my aorta to this day.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

My first "our song" and it's not what you think. This was before i'd ever had sex. The key to my relationship with my oft-referenced Li'l Bardot - my HS sweetheart i had an on-again-off-again thang with for over 40 yrs - is that she loved kissing me. She did not like fronting w me, hanging w me, even messing w me, which made me very shy around her. But we had kissed in a party game and then, at school, she started trapping me in places, nibbling on me a li'l bit, then laughing her way to class. When this song came out, LB had a eureka moment. After a nibble near the busses, she said in her ever-teasing way, "I can't do this any more. I don't think about you at all hardly but, when we make out, all i think about all day is making out again. So, if i find you in the morning, you gotta find me again during the day. Maybe then i'll start thinking about you."

Well, a 13 yo boy aint gonna ever think about anything else than being ordered to make tiny sexual assaults on the hottest girl in school on the odd days she caught you at the busses. #### algebra, #### basketball, #### all the little hustles i purely loved, #### both rock and roll, #### everything. There were like 7-8 months there that i couldnt complete a conversation for the thought of Li'l Bardot snackin' on me before i'd fully digested my Sugar Crisps and bouncing away singing "Love me two times, baaaaybee." and then maybe not doing it again for 13 days since i don't know when, do you know what i mean?! But i completed my mission and, soon enough, i started getting invites to her richass house and working my way into the graces of her Tennessee Williams parents. That yoyo string is wrapped around my aorta to this day.

seems mean

• Like 1

I need some Ramones...

RD 10, Ramones - Rocket to Russia -1977

• Rockaway Beach
  • Teenage Lobotomy

I'll let the Tracklist speak for itself....

Tracklist

Cretin Hop 1:55

Rockaway Beach 2:06

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow 2:47

Locket Love 2:09

I Don't Care 1:38

Sheena Is A Punk Rocker 2:49

We're A Happy Family 2:47

Teen Age Lobotomy 2:00

Do You Wanna Dance 1:52

I Wanna Be Well 2:28

I Can't Give You Anything 1:57

Ramona 2:35

Surfin' Bird 2:37

Why Is It Always This Way 2:32

Edited by mphtrilogy
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

9.37 You Don't Mess Around with Jim, Jim Croce.  Tough to narrow this down to two picks but I'll go with song titles that contain the word tomorrow.

Tomorrow's Gonna be a Brighter Day

Hey Tomorrow

Nice, growing up, my best friends dad looked just like Jim Croce. We used to call him Croach and would generally mess with him pretty good. He would dish it out too- firery Italian who didn't bat an eye when he walked in on us rolling a joint but lost his ever loving mind if he found a drop of meat sauce on the counter after we made dinner. 

6 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

I need some Ramones...

RD 10, Ramones - Rocket to Russia -1977

• Rockaway Beach
  • Teenage Lobotomy

I'll let the Tracklist speak for itself....

Tracklist

Cretin Hop 1:55

Rockaway Beach 2:06

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow 2:47

Locket Love 2:09

I Don't Care 1:38

Sheena Is A Punk Rocker 2:49

We're A Happy Family 2:47

Teen Age Lobotomy 2:00

Do You Wanna Dance 1:52

I Wanna Be Well 2:28

I Can't Give You Anything 1:57

Ramona 2:35

Surfin' Bird 2:37

Why Is It Always This Way 2:32

great spot this round with Motörhead -

🎶 sittin' here in Queens/eatin' refried beans/we're in all the magazines/gulpin' down Thorazines 🎶

• Like 2

Yes - Fragile (1971)

Honestly didn't really get into Yes until I was in my 20's.  A lot of weird stuff, but this album is solid.  Very underrated.

Tracklist
Roundabout
Cans And Brahms
We Have Heaven
South Side Of The Sky
Five Per Cent For Nothing
Long Distance Runaround
The Fish (Shindleria Praematurus)
Mood For A Day
Heart Of The Sunrise

• Like 8
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, shuke said:

Yes - Fragile (1971)

Honestly didn't really get into Yes until I was in my 20's.  A lot of weird stuff, but this album is solid.  Very underrated.

Tracklist
Roundabout
Cans And Brahms
We Have Heaven
South Side Of The Sky
Long Distance Runaround
Mood For A Day
Heart Of The Sunrise

One of the great all-time bass songs in Heart Of The Sunriee.

• Like 1

So if I'm reading this right, I'm up...

10.xx: The Call - Red Moon (1990)

I started following this band's work after hearing Everywhere I Go in '86. The album that song is from also includes the now infamous I Still Believe, which was covered kind of awkwardly by Tim Cappello in The Lost Boys. Anyway, Red Moon was a few years and 3 albums later, and to me they really were in a good place, which was apparently the perfect time for them to go on hiatus. For the Spotify list: What's Happened to You and Red Moon.

@Long Ball Larry, you're up, babe.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Charlie Steiner said:

So if I'm reading this right, I'm up...

10.xx: The Call - Red Moon (1990)

I started following this band's work after hearing Everywhere I Go in '86. The album that song is from also includes the now infamous I Still Believe, which was covered kind of awkwardly by Tim Cappello in The Lost Boys. Anyway, Red Moon was a few years and 3 albums later, and to me they really were in a good place, which was apparently the perfect time for them to go on hiatus. For the Spotify list: What's Happened to You and Red Moon.

@Long Ball Larry, you're up, babe.

Marco up, but I doubt he's taking that one...

3 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Took this long for Motörhead to make an appearance?   This is what happens when you speed through these rounds.  I guess Fast Eddie Clarke would be proud.   

Say what you will 

37 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

PICK 10.20

THE WHO - LIVE AT LEEDS

songs to come.

Guess I misread the crowd, 'cause I expected this to be one of the first live albums off the board and looooooooooooong gone by round 10. Not at tight as Who's Next and such, obviously, due to the live format, but there's so much more raw energy here. Kicks ###. Played the hell out of it. Great pick.

• Like 1

10.xx  Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights  (2002)

2002 is my favorite year of music from this century.  I have 9 albums listed to possibly draft from this year---2 have already been taken (YHF, YFIIP).  

I hit play on Untitled and was hooked.  

But I'll take these 2 for the play list:

NYC

The New

Edited by The Dreaded Marco
  • Like 5
  • Love 4

Headlong by Queen: I didn’t know Queen was still putting albums out in the late hair band era. I am not sure how I feel about this. I do wish I knew about this album when I was 17. 

You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away by The Beatles: Who ever is picking these Beatles songs is doing a great job, love the choices

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Judy Colins: First reaction seeing the title and artist is ?????, I like it though, nice change of pace from so much of the harder, faster rock in the playlist. 

Tales of Brave Ulysses by Cream: back to the hard rock, my dad said Cream put on some amazing shows in their time 

So What by Miles Davis: love the counterpoint to Cream here, arguably the greatest collection of American music talent to ever come together for something genuine 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

2002 is my favorite year of music from this century.  I have 9 albums listed to possibly draft from this year---2 have already been taken (YHF, YFIIP).  

NYC

The New

Good for you. That was in the chamber for my next set of 2 picks. Modern music has been unpredictable to gauge in this. I thought that was going to slip through the cracks. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, shuke said:

Yes - Fragile (1971)

Tracklist
Roundabout
Cans And Brahms
We Have Heaven
South Side Of The Sky
Long Distance Runaround
Mood For A Day
Heart Of The Sunrise

#### yeah

• Like 2

Just now, Binky The Doormat said:

would like some input from the crew ...

I have my songs from "Live From Leeds" down to 

- my generation

- can't explain

- magic bus

the big hang up is that "my generation' is 15 minutes long ...we don't need that do we?

Gotta go with “A Quick One...” IMO.

4 minutes ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

NYC

The New

Been staring at this one for the last 4-5 rounds.  Surprised it lasted this long.  

• Like 1

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

Been staring at this one for the last 4-5 rounds.  Surprised it lasted this long.  

Same but it was on my secret list that I wasn't sharing with you because I was worried you might be eyeing it too lol

• Laughing 1

21 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Set the House Ablaze is one of the best "new to me" songs I've come across. I've listened to The Jam before but don't remember that one. 

flexing their power chops, some of Weller's most expressive and crunchy chords - with plenty of meat on that bone for Buckler's furious drum assault - that whole album is just JAMmed with sublime soundscapes.

Edited by otb_lifer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

would like some input from the crew ...

I have my songs from "Live From Leeds" down to 

- my generation

- can't explain

- magic bus

the big hang up is that "my generation' is 15 minutes long ...we don't need that do we?

Yeah, the My Generation medley rules but I'd go with the other two. :lmao: "Magic Bus" would've been my #1.

Edited by Abrantes

1 hour ago, Binky The Doormat said:

PICK 10.20

THE WHO - LIVE AT LEEDS

songs to come.

I remember in the late 70s when those young people got crushed to death stampeding through the doors to enter the show. I think it was general admission/festival seating.

• Sad 1

1.  I need to spend a lot more time with The Jam.

2.  I have no idea where to go with my lists now.  I can't predict what anyone else has on their radar.  

3.  Somehow I woke up this morning with a zit in my eyebrow.  That was a new one to me.

• Like 4
  • Laughing 1