Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program

3 minutes ago, Eephus said:

It's important to be your own medical advocate.  Hang in there :thumbup:

This is so true.

2 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Your healthcare system is ridiculous. :(

As is this.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, simey said:

A ton of people in my area lost their drs with BCBS signing a contract with Wake Forest. I hope that changes next year so I can have my drs back. They better call me soon so someone can figure out what the hell is wrong with me. Thankfully I have some xanax that my former dr gave me for insomnia to help calm my anxiety some.

truly sucks simey ...hang in there

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:
3 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Ruled out the "My Generation" medley

Thank you.  I really really hate medleys.  Just play a song, dagnabbit.

I much prefer the "we've sandwiched 6 songs into ten minutes" medleys over some of these "we're going to play the same guitar riff for 10 minutes straight" songs picked... 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Round 10? - Rodrigo y Gabriela - Live in Japan

cant live if living is without these guitar maestros.  I think that the live album really works for these guys and the interplay and eveN  a few mistakes.

Diablo Rojo

Ixtapa

@Abrantes

I can't believe someone took them.  Not the album I'd choose, but I'm on board.  They were set to play the venue nearest my house until all this started.  It was the first concert I'd considered going to in almost twenty years.

17 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

I much prefer the "we've sandwiched 6 songs into ten minutes" medleys over some of these "we're going to play the same guitar riff for 10 minutes straight" songs picked... 

Na, na, na, na-na-na na (yeah! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Na-na-na na, hey Jude
Na, na, na, na-na-na na
Na-na-na na, hey Jude
Na, na, na, na-na-na na
Na-na-na na, hey Jude
Na, na, na, na-na-na na
Na-na-na na, hey Jude (Jude Jude, Judy Judy Judy Judy, ow wow!)
Na, na, na, na-na-na na (my, my, my)
Na-na-na na, hey Jude (Jude, Jude, Jude, Jude, Jude)
Na, na, na, na-na-na na (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Na-na-na na, hey Jude (yeah, you know you can make it, Jude, Jude, you're not gonna break it)
Na, na, na, na-na-na na (don't make it bad, Jude, take a sad song and make it better)
Na-na-na na, hey Jude (oh Jude, Jude, hey Jude, wa!)
Na, na, na, na-na-na na (oh Jude)
Na-na-na na, hey Jude (hey, hey, hey, hey)
Na, na, na, na-na-na na (hey, hey)
Na-na-na na, hey Jude (now, Jude, Jude, Jude, Jude, Jude)
Na, na, na, na-na-na na (Jude, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Na-na-na na, hey Jude
Na, na, na, na-na-na na
Na-na-na na, hey Jude (na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na)
Na, na, na, na-na-na na
Na-na-na na, hey Jude
Na, na, na, na-na-na na
Na-na-na na, hey Jude
Na, na, na, na-na-na na (yeah, make it, Jude)
Na-na-na na, hey Jude (yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!)
Na, na, na, na-na-na na (yeah, yeah yeah, yeah! Yeah! Yeah!)
Na-na-na na, hey Jude
Na, na, na, na-na-na na
Na-na-na na, hey Jude
Na, na, na, na-na-na na
Na-na-na na, hey Jude
Na, na, na, na-na-na na
Na-na-na na, hey Jude

Just horrible.

Edited by Mrs. Rannous
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

There was some Tim Armstrong discussion earlier in the thread. It might seem weird, but he's probably one of the finer songwriters that we've seen from the underground in the past thirty-five or so years.

Anybody that can have that Olympia, WA song come immediately off the page to life and also have written the Garnier Fructis (woo! woo!) jingle in the form of a song deserves some sort of credit, anyway. His songs can be catchy as hell.  (Hence that Interrupters run in the punk draft that I still don't understand.)

• Thinking 1

Just now, Mrs. Rannous said:

Na, na, na, na-na-na na (yeah! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Na-na-na na, hey Jude

Yeah, I probably should have picked Rain instead.  The whole playlist thing had me shuked temporarily early on; I was focused on trying to find stuff to make the gimmick work :bag:

Mr R says look at the lyrics to any Kiss song.  Repetitive lyrics that never end.

I wanna rock and roll all night and party every day

Whatever.  Just don't tell us about it four thousand times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

There was some Tim Armstrong discussion earlier in the thread. It might seem weird, but he's probably one of the finer songwriters that we've seen from the underground in the past thirty-five or so years.

Anybody that can have that Olympia, WA song come immediately off the page to life and also have written the Garnier Fructis (woo! woo!) jingle in the form of a song deserves some sort of credit, anyway. His songs can be catchy as hell.  (Hence that Interrupters run in the punk draft that I still don't understand.)

The buildup and timing on those tunes was spot on.  

6 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Your healthcare system is ridiculous. :(

I am an American physician and I wholeheartedly endorse this statement.  As do many of my colleagues.  

There are a lot of systems here that are ridiculous and need to be majorly overhauled very soon.... hopefully starting on 1/20/21.

This is a song from an album taken in the first round that sums things up pretty ####### well.  It was written 45 year ago.......not much has changed.

I apologize for getting a little political and I don't ever go in to that forum.  But I felt like venting.   :banned: And who's going to complain about another song from Stevie?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

1 minute ago, Eephus said:

You kids are too young to remember but music videos were a huge part of how experienced music in the 80s.

I always hated Walk of Life because of Mark Knopfler's stupid headband.

Ess Dog hates it because of the memories. :(

Jennifer dates a man in a sixties cover band
He's the Ess dog John if you wish
She's eighteen he's thirty-one she's the rich girl

He's the son - of a Coca Cola middle man

Kiss when they listen to Brothers In Arms
And if there's something wrong with it they don't see the harm

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Eephus said:

You kids are too young to remember but music videos were a huge part of how experienced music in the 80s.

I was devastated when my younger brother had to get the free MTV shirt because it was too small for me.  

Twisted Sister knocking down that wall was epic to young Pik and lil bro.

Edited by PIK95
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Ess Dog hates it because of the memories. :(

Hide contents

Jennifer dates a man in a sixties cover band
He's the Ess dog John if you wish
She's eighteen he's thirty-one she's the rich girl

He's the son - of a Coca Cola middle man

Kiss when they listen to Brothers In Arms
And if there's something wrong with it they don't see the harm

never heard of the guy ...I like the song 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PIK95 said:

I was devastated when my younger brother had to get the free MTV shirt because it was too small for me.  

Twisted Sister knocking down that wall was epic to young Pik and lil bro.

I was an urban boho without cable.  The first inkling of my future domesticity was the future Mrs. E and I baby sitting for my boss's kids because they had MTV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hey you know what everybody?  

if there is nothing else I get from this wonderful exercise

I have learned one thing from watching all the youtube videos ...

I KNOW A ####TON ABOUT THE "LIT" BRAND SOLAR CHARGER!!!  GO AHEAD ASK ME ANYTHING!!!

Edited by Binky The Doormat
  • Thinking 1

Just finished the old Tarantino movie Desperado with Banderas.  Not to be that guy, but I had forgotten how much Salma Hayak and my wife looked alike back then. They were not twins, but it was very noticeable.  Anyway, major flashback.  I had to tell someone, lol.

3 minutes ago, Eephus said:

I was an urban boho without cable.  The first inkling of my future domesticity was the future Mrs. E and I baby sitting for my boss's kids because they had MTV.

We had preview in like 78.  After my parents divorced in 81 we had nothing.  I was seven when I somehow signed us up for cox cable.  We were there on day one for MTV, but disliked alot of the early bands.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PIK95 said:

Just finished the old Tarantino movie Desperado with Banderas.  Not to be that guy, but I had forgotten how much Salma Hayak and my wife looked alike back then. They were not twins, but it was very noticeable.  Anyway, major flashback.  I had to tell someone, lol.

Is she Latina?

Just now, Eephus said:

Is she Latina?

No, Italian.  Similar complexion, dark skin, and very similar dark eyes.  Even some of the mannerisms.  It's an odd thing to say but it's kinda cool.  My wife isn't as thin as SH these days but it's still there, lol.

• Like 1

Just now, krista4 said:

I was going to ask if she had giant boobs, but I guess this is a reasonable question, too.

lol, similar build back then too. I was the out kicked the coverage guy in high school, lol.

6 minutes ago, PIK95 said:

This begs the question—do you look more like  Cheech or Buscemi?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

This begs the question—do you look more like  Cheech or Buscemi?

Neither.  Probably the bad gringo who the boss shoots when everyone runs, lol.  

TBS used to have a thing called Dinner and a Movie.  A guy (Paul Gilmartin it says) and a girl would be cooking during the commercials of the movie.  People used to say I was that guy.  Kinda random, lol.

Edited by PIK95
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Eephus said:

I distinctly remember the day we got a cable box (rather than the 2-13 standard channels on a TV). Tuned to MTV and watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dOx510kyOs&feature=youtu.be young rcam was never the same.

I also got in trouble because I had a few friends over in jr. high and we requested/paid for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD6hfzUbKtA&feature=youtu.be

on the old jukebox channel. I don't remember how much it cost - it wasn't much - but my mom was *pissed*. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, PIK95 said:

TBS used to have a thing called Dinner and a Movie.  A guy and a girl would be cooking during the commercials of the movie.  People used to say I was that guy.  Kinda random, lol.

The celebrity impersonator industry is way down during the pandemic

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rcam said:

I distinctly remember the day we got a cable box (rather than the 2-13 standard channels on a TV). Tuned to MTV and watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dOx510kyOs&feature=youtu.be young rcam was never the same.

I also got in trouble because I had a few friends over in jr. high and we requested/paid for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD6hfzUbKtA&feature=youtu.be

on the old jukebox channel. I don't remember how much it cost - it wasn't much - but my mom was *pissed*. 

We used to see some crazy ish at sleepovers on cable pay channels in the 80's.  I saw a movie H.O.T.S. and I was the hero of the 5th grade explaining how it went down at lunch that week.  Crazy.

OMG, the wiki is priceless on that.

H.O.T.S. is a 1979 sex comedy. The film stars three Playboy Playmates — Susan Kiger (January 1977), Pamela Bryant (April, 1978), and Sandy Johnson (June, 1974), as well as former Miss USA of 1972, Lindsay Bloom, sexploitation actress Angela Aames, and later genre movie veteran Lisa London in her film debut. Danny Bonaduce appears in a supporting role.[2]

The cast frequently appears in tight white T-shirts with the H.O.T.S. logo and red-orange shorts. Some reviewers believe this wardrobe inspired the Hooters uniforms.[3]

Edited by PIK95
  • Like 3

Shuffle sesh

Back to Black - Amy Winehouse. 10+. I would rate this a 50 on a scale of 1-10, if I was that kind of (innumerate) person.

Look Sharp! - Joe Jackson. 4. Just not a fan of Mr. Jackson's work. (First listen)

The Real Me - The Who. 7. Not among my top Who songs, but it is still solid.

Where Do the Children Play - Yusuf/Cat Stevens. 5. I kept waiting for it to build into something. I guess it did, but not as much as I hoped. (First listen)

The Harder They Come - Jimmy Cliff. 9.5. So great.

You Never Give Me Your Money - the Beatles. 6. It's fine.

Biko (Live) - Peter Gabriel. 10. I've never heard the live version before. I was prepared to ding it slightly versus the studio version, but I ended up doing the reverse.

Via Chicago - Wilco. 7.5. Wow, never heard this. The folky/alt-country vibe plus noise and reverb is pretty great. (First listen)

Why Does Love Got to be So Sad - Derek & the Dominos. 7. Digging this a bit. The guy playing the guitar seems good. (First listen)

You've Got to Hide Your Love - the Beatles. 7. I am not really a Beatles person. But this is a good one.

Olympia, WA - Rancid. 8. "Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man."

So Says I - The Shins. 7.5. James Mercer's voice is always great. And these guys write some tight songs. (First listen)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Not "Let's Get Physical"?  I realise they were exercising, but there are mirrors everywhere.  Can't they see they look like tools?

God... now that song brings back bad memories. My mom took an aerobics class back in the early 80s. She would take me and I would get dumped into what would be best described as "the tiny ### closet full of annoying ####### kids" for an hour and a half (felt like a literal eternity). The first song they played. every. god. ####ed. time. was that song.

Edited by rcam

1 hour ago, Eephus said:

Willie Nelson turns Rancid. 

Blue Eyes Cryin' in Olympia WA

At the risk of spotlighting, there is a semi-popular college radio type alternative band (well, it was semi-popular in the late-80s or early 90s maybe) that is named after a road along the outskirts of Olympia. The very prominent exit sign on I-5 is the most mainstream publicity that band ever got.

Edited by RedmondLonghorn
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

At the risk of spotlighting, there is a semi-popular college radio type alternative band (well, it was semi-popular in the late-80s or early 90s maybe) that is named after a road along the outskirts of Olympia. The very prominent exit sign on I-5 is the most mainstream publicity that band ever got.

I’ve driven on that road many times. And like that band a lot.

They’re Evergreen State College grads. My mom worked for TESC for 25 years.