What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (5 Viewers)

While the draft Spotify playlist is neat and I have definitely been exposed to some new stuff I like/love via the draft (thanks Krista and Mr. Krista!), I have found that this draft has really sent me down the rabbit hole of my own peculiar tastes, more than anything. That happening to anybody else?
For sure, remembering a lot of albums I haven't listened to in many years.

10 round pick xx - Lorde - Melodrama (2017) - pop

songs - Green Light, Homemade Dynamite, The Louvre, and Liability.

She is the queen of pop for gen Z and millennials for good reason.

Whats crazy is she’s only 23 right now and she’s only getting better as an artist.
I like your album choice, either of hers is worth a spot here. 

Coronet!  I believe the proper term for their pizza is a "slab," though.  Or maybe that's just what we called it.
Slice for us. Their slices were like 2-3 regular pizza slices.

I remember being shocked that they actually made entire pies and didn't just make slices.

My friend Andy drunkenly challenged them to prove they were using real cheese one late night (had seen them wheeling in giant tins of generic "cheese-stuff" earlier...we never got to unmask that Scooby Doo villain.

Thanks man. Same to you. Just "celebrated" it, while sheltering in place. We had previously been planning to meet a few other couples at a local "Norse beer hall" and then to have dinner at a Mexican steakhouse (they are just blocks apart; Ballard is awesome). It was an evening perfectly tuned to my tastes. Then we were going to actually go to Mexico this month, for a joint birthday/anniversary celebration.

Of course none of that happened.
Mine is end of August, so I’m hoping to be able to do something. My wife is 1 year younger, so we may do something big next year for both of us.

Slice for us. Their slices were like 2-3 regular pizza slices.

I remember being shocked that they actually made entire pies and didn't just make slices.

My friend Andy drunkenly challenged them to prove they were using real cheese one late night (had seen them wheeling in giant tins of generic "cheese-stuff" earlier...we never got to unmask that Scooby Doo villain.
Their slabs were like an entire pie.  Not really the greatest pizza but hit the spot when very drunk.

Unrelated note, any reason Michigan claims the Upper peninsula above Wisconsin?

Last edited by a moderator:
10 round pick xx - Lorde - Melodrama (2017) - pop

songs - Green Light, Homemade Dynamite, The Louvre, and Liability.

She is the queen of pop for gen Z and millennials for good reason.

Whats crazy is she’s only 23 right now and she’s only getting better as an artist.
She is so friggin' talented.

Unrelated note, any reason Michigan claims the hook like island above Wisconsin?
very random question in this music thread

ETA:  TLDR ...Wisconsin was, at one point, part of Michigan territory but broke off before it ever had its own name on the upper peninsula. Thus, we never had it. But, if Ohio had just kept to itself and accepted the loss of the Toledo Strip, Michigan would have likely left the upper peninsula for Wisconsin.

Last edited by a moderator:
10.38: Moby Grape - Moby Grape (1967)

A pioneering album from the early SF-based psychedelic movement that combined folk, blues, country, jazz and rock. Very unheralded musicianship - with a three guitar attack - led by Skip Spence, who was in other bands not to be mentioned yet and lived a very colorful life. And all the band members sang. But like many before and after them, drugs did them in and they didn't last long enough.

Will pick their most "popular' songs:

Hey Grandma

Omaha

Their slabs were like an entire pie.  Not really the greatest pizza but hit the spot when very drunk.
Damn Skippy.

Although I was a Columbia bagels drunk fan...walk in at 4-5am after the clubs had closed and feel the glass front of the bagel bins to see if anything was hot=freshly made. If poppy was available I'd throw tuna salad on top.

Neither of those spots exist any more. 

While the draft Spotify playlist is neat and I have definitely been exposed to some new stuff I like/love via the draft (thanks Krista and Mr. Krista!), I have found that this draft has really sent me down the rabbit hole of my own peculiar tastes, more than anything. That happening to anybody else?
I think I've done a good job balancing between the two. I've been getting a solid hour on the mix a couple times per day. How much I get listening to my own just depends what else is going on that day.

Unrelated note, any reason Michigan claims the Upper peninsula above Wisconsin?
Wisconsin actually wasn't even a territory at the time Michigan applied to become a State so Wisconsin had no say in it. Michigan and Ohio were in a bitter dispute over Toledo. When Michigan applied for Statehood, Congress basically said "let Ohio have Toledo and you can have the UP". 

Damn Skippy.

Although I was a Columbia bagels drunk fan...walk in at 4-5am after the clubs had closed and feel the glass front of the bagel bins to see if anything was hot=freshly made. If poppy was available I'd throw tuna salad on top.

Neither of those spots exist any more. 
Aw, that sucks.  If you tell me V&T doesn't exist any more, then I'm going to have a sad.

11.03: Thin Lizzy - Live And Dangerous (1978)

Was surprised to see Jailbreak go so earlier, but glad that one (great in and of itself) was taken and not this one. One of the best twin guitar bands of all time and this album is often credited as one of the best live rock albums of its time. Bummed that my business trip to Dublin in August was cancelled - was hoping to check out Phil Lynott's haunting grounds. :(

Rosalie/Cowgirl's Song

Still In Love With You

You are lucky I didn't "cheat" and take this with #1 Record.  I know some people have been taking these "sets" that later were released together, as those two were.  Nice pick!!  :)  
I could have cheated too by taking GP with Grievous Angel since that is offered in a one disc set. 

Users who are viewing this thread