What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (2 Viewers)

It is raining so hard out. There is a retention pond that has gold fish in it, and whenever consecutive days of rain or a big storm comes through, it overflows into this small area with dirt and grass, and the gold fish spill over and get stuck.  Once the water recedes in a few days they are doomed. It is going to rain until Saturday. I know I shouldn't do it with all this weird health stuff going on, but I'm sure I'll be out there Saturday with a tank net and rain boots scooping them up to toss them back into the retention pond so they don't die. I need to put something in that section that has small holes where the water can get through, but not the fish. We'll see. I'd get my friend Steve to help, but he hasn't been practicing social distancing, so I don't want him near me.  :lol:
Very kind of you.  Drink some hot chocolate afterward.  That should keep you warm and safe.  At least you don't live near those dams in Michigan.  Yuck.

I’ve been noticing that my favorite tracks on older albums have sometimes changed, as the world keeps turning, I get older, and maybe bored with some things

When I saw his gish selections it made me think of that
I like both songs quite a lot, it's just there are three other songs on that album that I think are super elite upper tier.

11.32 All Eyez On Me by 2Pac (1996)

There are 2 or 3 celebrity deaths I remember from my early teen years: Kurt Cobain and Tupac. Kids coming to school crying, the gossip of what "really happened", the total shock that ran through the students and the total bewilderment from the teachers who had probably never heard of either. I was a white Catholic school kid from the suburbs, but the themes of loyalty to friends, distrust of authority, anger and hopes for a better world despite being kind of a #### really made a lot of sense for us. Pac isn't the most gifted rapper, he doesn't have a big bag of tricks. His music works because of it's raw authenticity and his total commitment to every track. 

Life Goes On

California Love

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been noticing that my favorite tracks on older albums have sometimes changed, as the world keeps turning, I get older, and maybe bored with some things

When I saw his gish selections it made me think of that
I thought Bury Me was a good entry pick to the album, and Snail is a sentimental fave

11.35 I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got – Sinead O’Connor (1990)
I just realized I don’t have a single female artist in my desert island stash so far. Time to rectify that.

So that Prince song that she did on this album that became a big hit, you know the one…it’s about my fourth or fifth favorite song on this disc.

Sinead’s voice is amazing and I have always dug her “F*** You” attitude. I am just a big fan, period.

Songs:
The Emperor’s New Clothes
Black Boys on Mopeds

@Bonzai

11.35 I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got – Sinead O’Connor (1990)
I just realized I don’t have a single female artist in my desert island stash so far. Time to rectify that.

So that Prince song that she did on this album that became a big hit, you know the one…it’s about my fourth or fifth favorite song on this disc.

Sinead’s voice is amazing and I have always dug her “F*** You” attitude. I am just a big fan, period.

Songs:
The Emperor’s New Clothes
Black Boys on Mopeds

@Bonzai

My Link

Round 11 Imagine - John Lennon (1971)

I got shut out from most of the Beatles I'd want and the best ex-Beatles solo album so I'll take the second best ex-Beatles solo album. I've always been a John guy anyway.

Gimme Some Truth

Jealous Guy
Having listened to approx. 862 McCartney post-Beatles albums to work on my rankings, I'm eager to get to John next, like this great stuff here. Still have five more Paul albums first.  :(   

Users who are viewing this thread