What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (2 Viewers)

I knew a dude in the AF who was a massive Level 42 fan, after the predictable Kajagoogoo jokes he did a pretty good job selling me on their chops but 25 years later I still only know Something About You

oh he was a black guy too, usually listened to jazz.  Anyways they are an interesting act if you dig down
I took this as you knowing a guy in Arcade Fire for a second :bag:

Post 2 updated to here.

Does this look right for picks owed, recent picks and upcoming skips?

10    .    21    Doug B    -    skip    -    
11        15    Chaos Commish    -    skip    -    
11        20    Doug B    -    skip    -    
12    .    0        -        -    
12    .    1    cosjobs        ZZ Top        Tres Amigos
12    .    2    simey        Leonard Cohen        Live in London
12    .    3    rockaction        Urban Dance Squad        Mental Floss for the Globe
12    .    4    Mister CIA        permaskip        
12    .    5    Bonzai        The Flying Burrito Brothers        The Gilded Palace of Sin
12    .    6    RedmondLonghorn        Broken Bells        Broken Bells
12    .    7    MAC 32        The White Stripes        Icky Thump
12    .    8    Dr Octopus        Tom Waits        Blue Valentine
12    .    9    Ilov80s        Notorious B.I.G.        Life After Death
12    .    10    Hov34        Paul McCartney        Tripping the Live Fantastic
12    .    11    rcam        Screaching Weasel         My Brain Hurts
12    .    12    Mr Ected        Crosby, Stills & Nash        Crosby, Stills & Nash
12    .    13    Mrs Rannous        Meat Loaf        Bat Out of Hell II
12    .    14    JZilla                
12    .    15    landrys hat        The Kinks        Arthur or The Decline and Fall of The British Empire
12    .    16    krista 4                
12    .    17    Oliver Humanzee        permaskip        
12    .    18    Eephus                
12    .    19    otb lifer                
12    .    20    Binky the Doormat                
12    .    21    Doug B        skip        
12    .    22    Yo Mama                
12    .    23    mphtrilogy                
12    .    24    shuke                doesn't want to come here much during the day and has said skip in the past but also may get mad if you skip him
12    .    25    The Dreaded Marco                
12    .    26    Chaos Commish                skip
12    .    27    Charlie Steiner                
12    .    28    Long Ball Larry        skip until further notice        
12    .    29    Abrantes                
12    .    30    El Floppo                
12    .    31    Steve Tasker                
12    .    32    Northern Voice                
12    .    33    Uruk-Hai                
12    .    34    PIK95                
12    .    35    wikkidpissah                
12    .    36    timschochet        autoskip        
12    .    37    wazoo11                
12    .    38    zamboni        skip 5/21        
12    .    39    Nigel Tufnel                
12    .    40    Karma Police                

So I'll make it a metal turn for me, I'm being particularly selective because I'm not figuring to take a lot of loud and especially not a lot of fast stuff out to the forever beach

But I can't go out there without a little piece of the most awesome frontman and human being ever.  Lets face it, the world has gone to hell without him.

12.x   Dio - Holy Diver

Don't Talk To Strangers -- Rainbow In The Dark

One Operation Ivy song came up in my shuffle last night, I enjoyed it quite a bit but know nothing about them.
Awesome band but, unfortunately, I wasn't ever able to see them live. They broke up basically because the lead vocalist didn't want to make it big/get popular. He felt their music wasn't for large crowds/stadiums/festivals etc. etc. Last I checked he was an artist or something like that. According to my iTunes - you can listen to their entire catalog of 27 songs in 51 minutes. How can you resist that? That is the same amount of time of like 1.5 Pink Floyd songs.

Fired up the Spotify playlist for listening at work during my latest painting project. Probably the first time ever a FBG playlist has been cranked out over a blue tooth speaker in a college library😎

:headbang:

are there school marm looking librarians present? i love school marm looking librarians. 

if so, plz extend my greetings. 

enjoy!
And make sure to update us on any butthole puckering songs!! 

Hmm...

...currently listening to a non metal band that has yet to be represented...

...hmm...
There is a ton of great music out there and it’s doubtful we are thinking of the same band.  I may have even missed the band being selected already!   I need to check.  

My father in law is having surgery this AM to have cancer removed from his bladder. I think it's the third time he's had the procedure done in the past 5 years or so, seems to just be what happens with that particular type of cancer - it gets removed, he's clear for a year or two and then it comes back again and repeat all over again.  We're the only family he has here (my wife is from England and most of the family is still over there) and they live in the subdivision behind us anyway in a house we bought for them and rent them for just the amount of mortgage payment.

Anyway, we have their small dog for the next 3-4 days (at least until the catheter is out :eek: ) and of course my wife is running out to get her father to/from the hospital, pick up everything from the pharmacy, grocery store etc... and has been out a lot of the day. Their dog is basically a puppy, almost a year old and full of energy (why they chose to get a puppy in their late 70s when they both knew their health wasn't the greatest is a whole other discussion). We also have a young dog who is basically a puppy, that we rescued in the fall after our Abbey passed and we have our 8 year old who is usually pretty calm but not when there are two puppies racing around the house. Also my dogs are big (Golden Retreivers).

This is all to say my house is in a state of chaos this morning and it's nice to have this draft to come back to every 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
My father in law is having surgery this AM to have cancer removed from his bladder. I think it's the third time he's had the procedure done in the past 5 years or so, seems to just be what happens with that particular type of cancer - it gets removed, he's clear for a year or two and then it comes back again and repeat all over again.  We're the only family he has here (my wife is from England and most of the family is still over there) and they live in the subdivision behind us anyway in a house we bought for them and rent them for just the amount of mortgage payment.

Anyway, we have their small dog for the next 3-4 days (at least until the catheter is out :eek: ) and of course my wife is running out to get him to/from the hospital, pick up everything from the pharmacy, grocery store etc... and has been out a lot of the day. Their dog is basically a puppy, almost a year old and full of energy (why they chose to get a puppy in their late 70s when they both knew their health wasn't the greatest is a whole other discussion). We also have a young dog who is basically a puppy, that we rescued in the fall after our Abbey passed and we have our 8 year old who is usually pretty calm but not when there are two puppies racing around the house. Also my dogs are big (Golden Retreivers).

This is all to say my house is in a state of chaos this morning and it's nice to have this draft to come back to every 5 minutes.
TPW to your FIL

Morphed into Rancid; big bros to Green Day
I enjoyed Operation Ivy when it popped up on the playlist as well.   I also liked a tune from the Buzzcocks.   Maybe I lean more punk than I thought.   I love a Rancid album and a couple by GD but those are more polished than many punk albums

And make sure to update us on any butthole puckering songs!! 
I'm painting a 4 story stairwell and working on a collection of ladders and scaffolds. I'm terrified of heights and get bad vertigo if one of my hands isn't anchoring me to something so my butthole is always puckered at the moment-lol😨 Can't keep my phone on me while working so have to listen to whatever comes on good or bad. Downside is I mostly have no idea who/what these new to me songs and bands are.

I enjoyed Operation Ivy when it popped up on the playlist as well.   I also liked a tune from the Buzzcocks.   Maybe I lean more punk than I thought.   I love a Rancid album and a couple by GD but those are more polished than many punk albums
Enjoy!

(( I originally made this playlist for a hot girl named Kate who said she liked "country and some punk", only wanted to be friends - sans benefits - and is now married to some MAGA city councilman in Westminster MD.  Punched it up since, when we did the punk draft.  It achieved perfection on 2-14-20 when I noticed Johnny Was is on spotify now ))

Awesome band but, unfortunately, I wasn't ever able to see them live. They broke up basically because the lead vocalist didn't want to make it big/get popular. He felt their music wasn't for large crowds/stadiums/festivals etc. etc. Last I checked he was an artist or something like that. According to my iTunes - you can listen to their entire catalog of 27 songs in 51 minutes. How can you resist that? That is the same amount of time of like 1.5 Pink Floyd songs.
I had wondered before why they unraveled and eventually became Rancid. Thanks for the history lesson  :thumbup:

Rd 12

Freedom of Choice - Devo

time to bust out the Spuds!

coulda gone in a couple directions with them, but i gotta slap this one on - i think it's their most cohesive piece of work, and i dig how butch the Bobs (Casale - R.I.P., and Mothersbaugh) got on the axe for most of this - especially "Gates of Steel", which is my favorite all-time track from them, and one that saw me usher in the 80s as a fan (i resisted these goofball bastids as long as i could, but this one finally GOT ME! 😁)

not credited enough for their mark and influence ... these were some ballsy and visionary doods  :thumbup:

Gates of Steel

Freedom of Choice

PICK 12.20

TODD RUNDGREN - A WIZARD A TRUE STAR (1973)

My two songs:

- Sometimes I Don't Know What To Feel

- When The #### Hits The Fan/Sunset Boulevard

Well I can no longer play chicken with my Todd selection.  Really tough to pick, but it really came down to a better fit with the overall mix.  I had it narrowed down to 5 and have shifted back and forth between all of them.  This album was my real introduction into his music, even I had heard and really liked some of his other stuff ...I just didn't really think about who did those songs.  

I'm going to stick to the "one album per artist", but I didn't ...I would need to have a minimum of 5 of his albums.  

At least I still have Utopia.   :)

Users who are viewing this thread