What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (3 Viewers)

Kinda wanted some INXS.. I might yet settle 

FAIR WARNING -- I may return to the Cars and Maiden wells

Last edited by a moderator:
Nigel and some of the other uber music nerds may sneer at this one. Don’t care. Not even a little bit.

13.35 Live at Rome Olympic Stadium – Muse (2013)

I like to throw stones at progressive rock, but I think Muse probably (kinda?) qualifies. This album knocked my socks off. They may sound better in concert than they do on studio albums, which is rare and awesome. I also find the crowd noise distracting on a lot of live albums, but on this one I think the audience actually enhances most of the songs. I have never seen them live, but if I ever get the chance, I am absolutely going to because of this album.

Songs:

Madness

Starlight

"spectacles #### wallet & mask"

:lmao:  I thought I remembered that being censored 
I tried to make this joke on a text thread with 4 IRL friends and none of them knew the reference.  Is "spectacles, t_sticles, wallet & watch" not as ubiquitous as I thought?

Anyway I keep forgetting my mask and we have about 4 cases in San Francisco but I still get yelled and glared at

It's like something you say when you're leaving the house  "spectacles t_sticles wallet & watch" and pat your pockets

Anyway I keep forgetting my mask and we have about 4 cases in San Francisco but I still get yelled and glared at
I'm sitting outside a grocery store now. I was also here ten minutes ago and realized everyone standing in line had a mask home, so I went home to get mine. 
Mandatory in stores here
"Recommended" here. We always have them in the car but apparently in yesterday's chaos, Mrs. NV took them out at the end of the day. 

yeah, no, I won't try and go into a store but some people seem to think if you're out of your house walking the dog maskless then you may as well be spraying #### out of your ### onto everybody

11.06 Skylarking, XTC (1986)

Todd Rundgren's best record and the most perfect pop album i know. Don't know of a better producing job since Sgt Pepper

Grass - cant think of anything more i'd want to ruminate from a desert island on than "over & over we flatten the clover"

The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul - one of my very favorite singing songs

@PIK95
just surfing away and found another bit of conversation about "Dear God" and the Skylarking album between Todd and Steve Jones.  This is about a year later from the other interview clip. 

It starts at 1:11:20 and goes for a few minutes.  Love these "what really happened/behind the scenes" stories. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBoqcQTY8zo

Gonna put off the classics again to take this:

Okkervil River - The Stage Names (2007)

From one of my favorite years of music ever. I put this album on and so many great memories come back from around this time (including opening for these guys!). Not a skippable track on here, a true long player. Will is such an amazing songwriter. Really struggled to pick the songs.

Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe 

Unless It's Kicks

Round 13.38 - Kanye West - Graduation (2007)

Kanye goes bonkers electronica and rocks the hip hop/rap world. I'm taking this largely because I can't get the song "Homecoming" with Chris Martin out of my head today. So I relent to thee, ye crazy notions. I'll throw the deeper cut Barry Bonds out there, too. So neither track is indicative of the Daft Punk feel to which the album was so obviously indebted. But I loved these songs.

Barry Bonds (feat Lil' Wayne)

Homecoming (feat Chris Martin)

eta* This is also when I break the shtick of no doubling up on artists

Users who are viewing this thread