What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (4 Viewers)

Yeah, I am having trouble seeing where we are too.  Through the pm ramblings I don't see who was skipped and who is still ITC?  

As far as I can tell Bonzai and Redmond both can make 2 picks as we turned the corner - same with cosjobs who was on skip according to spreadsheet.   I thought bonzai was a skip, but I am not sure about that??

So does that put the 3ITC at:

Bonzai x2

Redmond Longdukdong x2

and since 80s, Dr.Oct, etc.. picked that puts @Hov34 back in the chamber??

Phew, that was a lotta catching up this morning. Solid late night drafting/not-drafting by everyone. :suds:
I will say, jokes I make in here aside, for the most part, I'll have a few beers in the afternoon and that's about it... last night I did that and was kind of ready to shut it down but I had a zoom call we've been doing every Saturday night with buddies who I would have traditionally seen at the pub. I wasn't feeling it at all last night, but I'm the host so was obligated to start it and show for a bit... anyway, long story short, a few good guys jumped on and suddenly I was very much feeling it :banned: . I think between the afternoon and a few more last night, it's the most I've drank since this whole thing started. 

I’m throwing down some mulch but then will be around the rest of today and tomorrow to help N and Binky with spreadsheet, etc.  Sorry I haven’t done much for a couple of days.

Man, Lauryn Hill and College dropout were the next two on my list. The ol’ double-snipe by @rockaction
That's rough. I was going to pair Kanye's and Hill's and Jean's together at each turn, but I figured someone might want Hill or College Dropout, so I took Graduation and Jean, two lesser-known works. When nobody selected Kanye or Hill on the next go-round, I sort of felt impelled. The albums aren't as mind-blowing now as they were, but I think they're still great, great records that didn't just do well to reflect where rap and hip hop were at, but they actually helped shape the whole genre (and cross-genre in R&B) going forward. Two sort of undeniable genre classics, though as Zamboni pointed out, not for everybody. 

Round 16) So Tonight That I Might See - Mazzy Star (1993)

Not sure where this falls in the "dream pop" timeline but it was probably the first dream pop album that I remember listening to front to back. Brings back great memories of warm summer nights hanging with high school friends. I've always felt this album has a kind of "The Doors" sound/vibe/influence specifically songs like "Riders on the Storm" and "The End". 

Fade Into You is probably in my top 3 songs of all time.

Into Dust

What is a lemon on this?  I think it's perfect front to back.  I would have taken it long ago, but they have others I love too.

This may be my #1 overall in the genre.  Low End is right there.

Play list friendly too.
I can do without Brass Monkey, although the beat still elevates it above will this just end. And that's why I chose it. I just figured I would find something better when I went out to find another one. I had more than a dozen written down. And with each one I kept finding land mines - or it didn't age well on my ears. So I came back to ole reliable. 

15        36    Bonzai    -        -    R.E.M. - Murmur
15        37    Mister CIA    -    permaskip    -    
15        38    rockaction    -    Lauryn Hill    -    The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill
15        39    simey    -    Kris Kristofferson     -    The Austin Sessions
15        40    cosjobs    -    skip    -    
16    .    0        -        -    
16    .    1    cosjobs    -    skip    -    
16    .    2    simey    -    Counting Crows    -    August & Everything After
16    .    3    rockaction    -    Kanye West    -    College Dropout
16    .    4    Mister CIA    -    permaskip    -    
16    .    5    Bonzai    -        -    Metallica - Kill 'Em All
16    .    6    RedmondLonghorn    -        -    ITC
16    .    7    MAC 32    -    Janis Joplin    -    Pearl
16    .    8    Dr Octopus    -    Lou Reed    -    Transformer
16    .    9    Ilov80s    -    Aretha Franklin    -    I've Never Loved A Man The Way I Loved You
16    .    10    Hov34    -        -    Leon Bridges - Good Thing
16    .    11    rcam    -        -    Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See
16    .    12    Mr Ected    -    - The Eagles - Live 
16    .    13    Mrs Rannous    -        -    ITC
16    .    14    JZilla    -        -    Deftones - White Pony
16    .    15    landrys hat    -        -    ITC
16    .    16    @krista4    -        -    ON DECK

Last edited by a moderator:
I can do without GIRLS not because it's offensive but because it's annoying sorrynotsorry
I had to take a multi year break from it in my 20's, but it tickled some nostalgia when I queued it up last week. Give it the small doses treatment and I think I can prevent that several year break from happening again. 

Users who are viewing this thread