What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (3 Viewers)

1.23  Hey Jude  - The Beatles

A 1970 collection of non-US album cuts, singles and B-sides.  Hey Jude went out of print during the CD era and the songs have since been recompiled onto other Beatles digital releases.  But it was an album and it looked like this.

I get early and late period Beatles with one pick, no Ringo vocals and a whole bunch of na-na-na-nanananas.

The music on that album is similar to their Past Masters Volume 2 that came out in the late 80s.

1.27 Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

I got my hands on this sometime late high school.. 88 or so.. it wasn't my first Zep cassette but it was the one I wore tf out in the car for a year

As close to a must have as I can come up with.. it's just a solid gold double volume of cockrock, friends

Of course I'll have to put up Ten Years Gone then how about to balance it out, one of the handful of tracks on this record that was a holdover from earlier sessions The Rover

1.27 Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

I got my hands on this sometime late high school.. 88 or so.. it wasn't my first Zep cassette but it was the one I wore tf out in the car for a year

As close to a must have as I can come up with.. it's just a solid gold double volume of cockrock, friends

Of course I'll have to put up Ten Years Gone then how about to balance it out, one of the handful of tracks on this record that was a holdover from earlier sessions The Rover
Shocked it took this long for them to be picked. 

1.26  John Prine - John Prine

One of my favorite songwriters and story tellers ever.  I think I've listened to this record everyday the past month.  Hard to pick two songs, but here goes.  RIP brother.

Pretty Good

Far From Me
Hmmm, I saw you were next to me in drafting and realized I didn't know a lot about your musical taste.  Now I see you might be a snipe-machine for me.  Love this pick.

Nevermind, he's still 15 minutes away, so I'll post the pick and he can write it up when he gets here.  This one was not initially on his radar as we didn't think there was any chance it would be here at 1.24.

(For Oliver Humanzee)  1.24 - Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
If I'm stuck with only 20 records to listen to for all eternity, I want records that are rich, deep, and that reward repeated listens.  The aesthetic of Pet Sounds is so luscious, seamless, and fully immersive that entering it feels like entering another world.  I'll have a lot more to say about it later (sorry) but for now here are two songs.

God Only Knows

You Still Believe In Me

You laughing at John Prine being picked probably jinxed your ###. 
I'm a jam band guy.  I'm very aware of him.  I was laughing at wasting a first rounder on him is all.  Maybe I'll take the Col. on my next pick.  He actually died on stage which was cool and awful at the same time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a jam band guy.  I'm very aware of him.  I was laughing at wasting a first rounder on him is all.  Maybe I'll take the Col. on my next pick.  He actually died on stage which was cool and awful at the same time. 
Well this is a ####### ridiculous take.  I hope you are joking?  Prine is one of the best song writers and his debut album is well worth a first round pick in this draft.

Not that any of you :nerd: s need to be told this, but I recently spent some Trump money on a nicer pair of headphones, and holy #### does that make all the difference.   I feel like I am listening to songs that I have heard 100s of times for the first time.  
What kind?

Also, going through the songs in the playlists and there is a lot of stuff that I am loving from bands/artists that I didn't think I clicked with.  Stevie and Bowie mainly, but also forgot how great that Television album is.    The only song I haven't liked so far of course is a Beatles song.  :scared:

Not that any of you :nerd: s need to be told this, but I recently spent some Trump money on a nicer pair of headphones, and holy #### does that make all the difference.   I feel like I am listening to songs that I have heard 100s of times for the first time.  
What kind?

I purposefully haven't looked at the old draft.  That's surprising.
Yeah, I'm not using it as a guideline of any sort. Could actually lull one into a false sense of security, thinking something dear to them wouldn't get picked for a while, then boom. I just get curious in certain cases after the picks are made. Found it surprising too. 

Yeah, I'm not using it as a guideline of any sort. Could actually lull one into a false sense of security, thinking something dear to them wouldn't get picked for a while, then boom. I just get curious in certain cases after the picks are made. Found it surprising too. 
We should all make a pact that we will only listen to our 20 picks for the entire summer to create A sense of urgency.

...or maybe not.

Guys no stone throwing

especially if you took the 4th best Clash album 8th overall
I LOVE having stones thrown at me by friends.  And I consider all of you some of the best friends I ever had. It doesn't always translate online though, as I have terrible grammer skills.  I have mad nun chuck skills though.  Anyway sorry @The Dreaded Marco

I really meant no harm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread