What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (6 Viewers)

Whoa.  I expected this thing to be WAY farther along today.  I guess one side of the draft is just a lot quicker moving.  Happy Labor day!

I just took time off to give myself a pedicure.  Feeling pretty now (not really).  Binky, are we all caught up?

Found out this morning that my high school radio/TV teacher died today.  One of the only "firsts" my crappy little hometown has is that our high school had the first FM radio station in the country, started in 1949; it had also expanded into having a TV station by the time I was on the staff.  Mr. Kelly ran the radio/TV station for 40 years and also announced the football and basketball games during that time.

He was just diagnosed with lung cancer three weeks ago and was scheduled to start chemo tomorrow.  Hard to explain the impact this man had on so many people.  I'm not a "stay in touch with teachers" type of person, but he and I had reconnected via Facebook several years ago, and I was reminded of what a brilliant, amazing person he was.  He was clever and cranky and so much fun.  Today his page has been flooded with hundreds, maybe even thousands of tributes.  RIP Lee Kelly.

Last edited by a moderator:
MDay shuffle:

Angels Don't Fall In Love - Bangles. Nice. Further wordage could only damn. 6.8

Down for the Count - Talib Kweli - I enjoyed Talib a LOT more before i heard his echo in a huge majority of modern rhyming patterns. someone comes in to add some thug. HATE some thug. What do i know?! 6.7

Ocean Size - Jane's Addiction. Farrell/Navarro would probably have been my Jagger/Richards if i'd been born a gen later. Which means i'd mostly be pissed that Navarro has wasted so much time being beautiful & famous & inked. Tasty 8.4

The Modern Leper - Frightened Rabbit - Been wanting to hear this from all the talk here. Oh, well........Andy Partridge with hemorrhoids. 7.0 before i heard hype, 6.4 after cuz i dont get why

De Camino a La Vereda - Buena Vista Social Club. Como el cielo 10

Lost Someone - James Brown.  Only singer who loses points with me because he cant be canned in the studio and i'm mad cuz i can't get it completely not being there to feel him react to us love. That's rare air 8.8

Pot Kettle Black - Wilco. Don't know why i can't get past counting to four and humming diffidently to bands like Wilco, but i can't. They're good at what they do 7.0

Rip It Up - Little Richard. Maybe i cant get excited about Wilco cuz i cant imagine them ever wanting to rip it up. 10

Showroom Dummies - Kraftwerk. My god - Kraftwerk has become Saturday morning cartoons in my head. Suddenly, i want a very sugary cereal. 7.7

Death or Glory - The Clash. Sometimes, The Clash are a revelation. Sometimes, they're an Ian Hunter hangover. 7.1

Not a lot of joy in this set, making what there was kinda sore thumbish. Good music though.

This is where I come in.

In a thread-related story, I'm now listening to a copy of Hunky Dory. Dr. Octopus's and Eephus's recommendations ruled supreme and I broke down and bought each of Ziggy and Hunky Dory. Right now, I've just made it through "Changes."

I'm now waiting for "Queen #####" admitting that I'm not really a Bowie fan yet.

Down for the Count - Talib Kweli - I enjoyed Talib a LOT more before i heard his echo in a huge majority of modern rhyming patterns. someone comes in to add some thug. HATE some thug. What do i know?! 6.7
This must be off of the Reflection Eternal LP with Hi-Tek. Eager to hear this as I never really gave it a listen the first go round in life. Not sure if Hi-Tek brings "thug" or who dey what dat, but yes, there was a time when Kweli and Mos Def were both close to crossover artists that tried to get a bigger foothold on culture through guest appearances and reciprocated overtures. Kweli's rhyming patterns did hit mainstream, much like Eminem's tripped off of everybody's lips for about five years. 

Note: It was Hi-Tek, his album compatriot.

"Life on Mars" strains in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any vintage early 70's speakers they would highly recommend?  I'm trolling the net now for a buy.  Tia.

Users who are viewing this thread