What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (7 Viewers)

I think I know who you mean and IMO it's a solid move. I am trying to stick to more standard albums only but I am making a MASSIVE exception for one album so I won't hold a Greatest Hits album against anyone. 
I thought that wasn't allowed?  There are a couple of Groups I would have done that with in the first five rounds if it was.
No greatest hits. 

I think we really discouraged those kinds of compilations but also agreed it's your island, draft whatever you want. I doubt we will ever get everyone to agree to exact rules. The album I plan to take is a legitimate movie soundtrack so it is fair game, but a bit of a sneaky move. 
Frozen?

15.17 Son Volt - The Search (2007)

Tracklist: 

1. Slow Hearse
  2. The Picture
  3. Action
  4. Underground Dream
  5. Circadian Rhythm
  6. Beacon Soul
  7. The Search
  8. Adrenaline And Heresy
  9. Satellite
  10. Automatic Society
  11. Methamphetamine
  12. L Train
  13. Highways And Cigarettes
  14. Phosphate Skin

Last edited by a moderator:
16.24 Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Live Rust (1978)

Tracklist:
Sugar Mountain   
I Am A Child    
Comes A Time  
After The Gold Rush   
My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)   
When You Dance I Can Really Love  
The Loner    
The Needle And The Damage Done   
Lotta Love    
Sedan Delivery    
Powderfinger    
Cortez The Killer
Cinnamon Girl  
Like A Hurricane   
Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)   
Tonight's The Night

lol Eephus was closer 
If you have Showtime, there's a great Motown documentary that was released last year.  It focuses on their years in Detroit and includes interviews with most of the living legends of the label excluding Diana Ross.

It's an authorized biography so you're not going to hear any dirt dished.  But it's great that they were able to capture Berry and Smokey chopping it up in the old Motown studios.  There's a chemistry between these two old, rich friends that drives the film. 

17.17 Fleet Foxes - Crack Up (2017)

Tracklist:
1. I Am All That I Need / Arroyo Seco / Thumbprint Scar
2. Cassius,-
3. -Naiads, Cassadie
4. Kept Woman
5. Third of May / Odaigahara
6. If You Need To, Keep Time on Me
7. Mearcstapa
8. On Another Ocean (January / June)
9. Fool's Errand
10. I Should See Memphis
11. Crack-Up

If you have Showtime, there's a great Motown documentary that was released last year.  It focuses on their years in Detroit and includes interviews with most of the living legends of the label excluding Diana Ross.

It's an authorized biography so you're not going to hear any dirt dished.  But it's great that they were able to capture Berry and Smokey chopping it up in the old Motown studios.  There's a chemistry between these two old, rich friends that drives the film. 
Now you are really spotlighting my draft plans!

I have watched that probably twenty times over the last year.  The old Eagles one was good too.

18.03 - Run-D.M.C. - Raising Hell - 1986

I'll pick it for the crew, and because it still nearly beggars belief that it exists. A landmark. Simply put, you couldn't go anywhere without hearing this album booming from a boombox somewhere in 1986. MTV darlings because of their crossover hit with Aerosmith, Run-D.M.C. (Run, DMC, and Jam Master Jay) unleashed a Rick Rubin-produced album on the unsuspecting universe and crossed over from traditional television and radio stations known for being "black channels" and into public consciousness. These songs, unlike most of the '80s rock and roll bands attempts to sound modern, still sound fresh, their hi hats, cowbells, and seventies rock riffs still ring through one's ears like a whisper from a teenage girl.

*record scratches* Wait, what? Where'd that come from?

I don't know. This takes me back to when I was thirteen, so there's that. This album still ducking rocks. It's the perfect mixture of populism from the streets (Run DMC mixed with Rubin's production) given a megaphone for airplay. I'll give you the hits, but the other tracks on the album are...strong.

It's Tricky

Walk This Way

RIP Jam Master Jay

I'll pick it for the crew, and because it still nearly beggars belief that it exists. A landmark. Simply put, you couldn't go anywhere without hearing this album booming from a boombox somewhere in 1986. MTV darlings because of their crossover hit with Aerosmith, Run-D.M.C. (Run, DMC, and Jam Master Jay) unleashed a Rick Rubin-produced album on the unsuspecting universe and crossed over from traditional television and radio stations known for being "black channels" and into public consciousness. These songs, unlike most of the '80s rock and roll bands attempts to sound modern, still sound fresh, their hit hats, cowbells, and seventies rock riffs still ring through one's ears like a whisper from a teenage girl.

I don't know. This takes me back to when I was thirteen, so there's that. This albums still ducking rocks. It's the perfect mixture of populism from the streets (Run DMC mixed with Rubin's production) given a megaphone for airplay. I'll give you the hits, but the other tracks on the album are...strong.

It's Tricky

Walk This Way
And No cussing!!!  Great pick.

I'll pick it for the crew, and because it still nearly beggars belief that it exists. A landmark. Simply put, you couldn't go anywhere without hearing this album booming from a boombox somewhere in 1986. MTV darlings because of their crossover hit with Aerosmith, Run-D.M.C. (Run, DMC, and Jam Master Jay) unleashed a Rick Rubin-produced album on the unsuspecting universe and crossed over from traditional television and radio stations known for being "black channels" and into public consciousness. These songs, unlike most of the '80s rock and roll bands attempts to sound modern, still sound fresh, their hit hats, cowbells, and seventies rock riffs still ring through one's ears like a whisper from a teenage girl.

I don't know. This takes me back to when I was thirteen, so there's that. This albums still ducking rocks. It's the perfect mixture of populism from the streets (Run DMC mixed with Rubin's production) given a megaphone for airplay. I'll give you the hits, but the other tracks on the album are...strong.

It's Tricky

Walk This Way
And No cussing!!!  Great pick.
where did this pick go?

Hmm...there seems to be a lot of violence congregating on my island. Need to add some good vibes before I unwittingly develop the environment for a mutiny to emerge.

Round 18 - Zac Brown Band, The Foundation

Chicken Fried 

Highway 20 Ride 
I like a man that picks when it's his turn

R.E.M. - Automatic For The People (1992)

I took Murmur last round and told myself I'd take this if it was still there. Totally different records, almost like getting a different band. Me and my uncle were very close and R.E.M. was his favorite band, so many fond memories. Happy to get this all-timer this late.

Man On The Moon

Nightswimming
Looked at this a bunch the past couple rounds. 

R.E.M. - Automatic For The People (1992)

I took Murmur last round and told myself I'd take this if it was still there. Totally different records, almost like getting a different band. Me and my uncle were very close and R.E.M. was his favorite band, so many fond memories. Happy to get this all-timer this late.

Man On The Moon

Nightswimming
It's tough to pick a favorite REM record.  So many great ones but with Automatic and Murmur, you caught a couple keepers

18.9 In The Wee Small Hours by Frank Sinatra (1955)

One of my favorite slow, contemplative, late night albums. This isn't the big bold brassy Frank. This is 1 AM, can't sleep so I will pour myself another whiskey and think about the one that got away Sinatra. Breaking up with Ava Gardner will do that to you. 

In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning

When Your Lover Has Gone

Users who are viewing this thread