What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (1 Viewer)

What good is the scheming, the planning and dreaming
That comes with each new love affair
The love that you cherish, so often may perish
And leave you with castles in air

When you're alone, who cares for starlit skies
When you're alone, the magic moonlight dies
At break of dawn, there is no sunrise
When your lover has gone

Believe it or not... I wasn't spotlighting David ####### Hasselhoff with my 8 cellos Knight Rider clip

Round 18) 2Cellos - 2Cellos (2011)

Since I got sniped on my Michael Jackson pick, I'll get the songs in a different format.

Smooth Criminal

Human Nature

Though, if you haven't heard these guys I highly recommend checking them out.
 Nice - agree these guys are great.

18.16 - The Modern Lovers - The Modern Lovers (1976)

I'm taking the 2003 reissue so that I can get "I'm Straight" and "Government Center," among others.

I love that as a teenager Jonathan Richman moved to NY just so that he could be near The Velvet Underground.  Seemed to serve him well.  He's one of my all-time favorite performers.

I'm Straight

Roadrunner (I might be pelted with virtual tomatoes if I didn't take this one)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some soundtrack discussion that I mostly glossed over made me recall that I don't know where we came out on those.  If they have a few new tracks, are they allowed?

@Northern Voice in case he has me on ignore.

R.E.M. - Automatic For The People (1992)

I took Murmur last round and told myself I'd take this if it was still there. Totally different records, almost like getting a different band. Me and my uncle were very close and R.E.M. was his favorite band, so many fond memories. Happy to get this all-timer this late.

Man On The Moon

Nightswimming
This may be the best R.E.M. record.  It should have been long gone.  I would have taken it in one of the next swings for sure.

R.E.M. - Automatic For The People (1992)

I took Murmur last round and told myself I'd take this if it was still there. Totally different records, almost like getting a different band. Me and my uncle were very close and R.E.M. was his favorite band, so many fond memories. Happy to get this all-timer this late.

Man On The Moon

Nightswimming
This may be the best R.E.M. record.  It should have been long gone.  I would have taken it in one of the next swings for sure.
:doh:   I had it marked off thinking it had been taken.  "Nightswimming" is one of my favorite songs from them.

Has anyone else taken two from the same artist already (Bonzai's pick made me think of it)?  I have Beatles, Wings, and George Harrison (sorry, Binky) so kinda.

Hmm...there seems to be a lot of violence congregating on my island. Need to add some good vibes before I unwittingly develop the environment for a mutiny to emerge.

Round 18 - Zac Brown Band, The Foundation

Chicken Fried 

Highway 20 Ride 
Interesting and solid choice.   Incredible live show that goes from country to hard rock all show.   

18.ee - Grand Prix - Teenage Fanclub (1995)

There aren't a lot of bands with three different songwriters but I don't think any have lasted as long as the Fannies.  The singers' differing points of view adds an interesting dynamic to their sound and kept them from falling into the narrow rut of Power Pop.

Added bonus: the album cover is a Formula 1 car which I can drag around my island while yelling vroom vroom.

Sparky's Dream

Neil Jung

Some soundtrack discussion that I mostly glossed over made me recall that I don't know where we came out on those.  If they have a few new tracks, are they allowed?

@Northern Voice in case he has me on ignore.
If they're not greatest hits they're fine. A couple have been taken but the example I gave was Forrest Gump soundtrack... that's a greatest hits. But most are good with some original stuff. 

I looked on Jimmy Reed Wiki and it showed these two songs as Jimmy Reed Sings the Best of the Blues. When I went to YouTube for songs, it showed the both as being on Mr. Luck. Shrug? Best of the blues I figured was more of a covers album, but saw Mr. Luck and thought that might be better. Either way idc. I saw him at Antone's in Port Arthur (long before the Antone's in Austin - his son's) in high school. 

rcam said:
Depends... is the "gin mix" good or bad?

If good - I picked it in round 14. The album is Every Where is Some Where

If bad - Tasker picked it in round 1. I don't know WTF he was thinking.
"gin mix" = good.  I joke that as I get deeper into the gins, the dance/pop music gets put on the rotation, so I have a "gin mix" of those types of songs that I like.  

18.10 CHVRCHES - Every Open Eye (2015)

Clearest Blue

Leave A Trace
Dammit.   I released today that I got the albums mixed up and thought this was the one that was drafted first.  

I looked on Jimmy Reed Wiki and it showed these two songs as Jimmy Reed Sings the Best of the Blues. When I went to YouTube for songs, it showed the both as being on Mr. Luck. Shrug? Best of the blues I figured was more of a covers album, but saw Mr. Luck and thought that might be better. Either way idc. I saw him at Antone's in Port Arthur (long before the Antone's in Austin - his son's) in high school. 
Well, I've just put this in as Jimmy Reed (unspecified).  If anyone wants another, then you can fight it out.

Users who are viewing this thread