Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program

3 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Well, I've just put this in as Jimmy Reed (unspecified).  If anyone wants another, then you can fight it out.

or they can have it. I really do not care that much. There's lots of Jimmy, I can find more. I'm just esp. partial to St. Louis Blues.

3 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

or they can have it. I really do not care that much. There's lots of Jimmy, I can find more. I'm just esp. partial to St. Louis Blues.

3 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Well, it is a collection of every single he ever made.

Let's do "Sings the Best of the Blues," then.  Instead of a compilation, it's an actual LP released in 1963 and has both the selected songs.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, krista4 said:

Let's do "Sings the Best of the Blues," then.  Instead of a compilation, it's an actual LP released in 1963 and has both the selected songs.

Yeah, I did not dig into Mr. Luck and did not know it was a compilation. The others is all covers, so its not really a compilation. The albums I listened to as a teen were Best of.., etc. Tbh, many (most) black artists (particularly soul and blues) of the era were not making concept or theme albums, they were trying to churn out hit singles and when they got enough they'd put them all on an album..

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

...I'll bet it was  :hifive:

Pretty sure I saw it there too. My favorite part of the day is scanning the new feeds over my morning coffee.

Edited by zamboni
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

@Northern Voice You might wish to update the thread title to let people know the clock is going back on soon.  I wouldn't have expected that, and some people might not read all the posts in the thread.

and Top Chef is on Thursday at 10PM/9PM Central.  This week's episode will determine who advances to the finals in Italy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

1 hour ago, krista4 said:

Has anyone else taken two from the same artist already (Bonzai's pick made me think of it)?  I have Beatles, Wings, and George Harrison (sorry, Binky) so kinda.

Saving those for post-50 round selections. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, PIK95 said:

I just watched Role Models again.  It's been a while.  Cool bunch of nerds right there.

I've never heard of it. I just ate about 15 blue tortilla chips. I wanted something salty all of a sudden. I wish I hadn't done that this late at night. Now I have to wait for them to digest so I don't get acid reflux when I go to bed. :wall:

• Thanks 1

This band sort of reminds me of the Smashing Pumpkins in that the debut LP was amazing and each successive album just went downhill from there. Opinions differ on that, of course, but that is my take.

18.06 Sparkle And Fade - Everclear (1995)

I am unapologetically a huge fan of this album. It came out during the mid-90s punk rock revival and I think might be a little overlooked because Everclear's subsequent releases moved away from that sound and performed better on the charts.  Santa Monica is the best known song off the album, and I like it fine, but Heroin Girl was the first Everclear song I heard and I was a fan from my first listen. That's one song for the playlist. The other is a little known song that I love for its melancholy sound, tender (if explicit) lyrics, and ample helpings of distortion.

Songs:

Heroin Girl

My Sexual Life

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, shuke said:

Anyone listen to my Son Volt songs yet?  Curious if people know about them.  

No, but I will add that to my list and @ you with some thoughts 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, simey said:

I've never heard of it. I just ate about 15 blue tortilla chips. I wanted something salty all of a sudden. I wish I hadn't done that this late at night. Now I have to wait for them to digest so I don't get acid reflux when I go to bed. :wall:

I hear you.  Mr krista was supposed to be off at 4 pm and was going to cook up some halibut we got fresh off the boat on Saturday.  Then everyone called in sick, and I've been fending for myself instead.  I've eaten the end of a bag of Ruffles he bought recently, plus two carrots I couldn't be bothered to clean or peel, and then some chocolate-covered almonds.  

2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I hear you.  Mr krista was supposed to be off at 4 pm and was going to cook up some halibut we got fresh off the boat on Saturday.  Then everyone called in sick, and I've been fending for myself instead.  I've eaten the end of a bag of Ruffles he bought recently, plus two carrots I couldn't be bothered to clean or peel, and then some chocolate-covered almonds.  

I love halibut. Maybe he'll cook it when he gets home if it isn't too late. How long is good for if not frozen? Maybe the chip crumbs, dirty carrots, and chocolate almonds will tide you over for the evening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rcam said:

Believe it or not... I wasn't spotlighting David ####### Hasselhoff with my 8 cellos Knight Rider clip

Round 18) 2Cellos - 2Cellos (2011)

Since I got sniped on my Michael Jackson pick, I'll get the songs in a different format.

Smooth Criminal

Human Nature

Though, if you haven't heard these guys I highly recommend checking them out.

Excellent.  I'll be visiting your island.

• Like 2

Just now, simey said:

I love halibut. Maybe he'll cook it when he gets home if it isn't too late. How long is good for if not frozen? Maybe the chip crumbs, dirty carrots, and chocolate almonds will tide you over for the evening.

He'll probably be home around 10.  He allegedly has tomorrow off, so we'll do it then.  If not, it'll need to be frozen, I think.

Dirty Carrots and Chocolate Almonds sounds like a lesser-known Prince song that I would enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Lord Huron!  This is one that I've been very interested in based on the posts.

Just listened to All the Young Dudes.  Such a great song.  I'm hoping that through this exercise I'll eventually be able to name a second Mott the Hoople recording.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, simey said:

I have not drafted an album by the same artist twice, but I have considered it. I might keep waiting until the last two rounds if something is still out there. Maybe.

I might, too...

• Like 1