Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program

Round 18  Slade  -  Keep You Hands Off My Power Supply  (1984)

This is the US re-release of The Amazing Kamakaze Syndrome (1983).  Want the US album.

Run Runaway  (I really don't want the radio edit, if possible.  The real version is about five minutes.)

And Now the Waltz (C'est La Vie)  

(Seems to be my day for songs with subtitles.)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Round 18  Slade  -  Keep You Hands Off My Power Supply  (1984)

This is the US re-release of The Amazing Kamakaze Syndrome (1983).  Want the US album.

Run Runaway  (I really don't want the radio edit, if possible.  The real version is about five minutes.)

And Now the Waltz (C'est La Vie)  

(Seems to be my day for songs with subtitles.)

schtick intact. :D

• Laughing 1

Soundgarten/Slaves & Bulldozers - haven't heard that stuff in a long time, really enjoyed it ...little bit of Dio in him

Allman Brothers/Whipping Post - would have grabbed this if cos hadn't plunked it at the 1-2 turn

Led Zeppelin/Your Time Is Gonna Come - sweet, another classic - love the chorus

Moby Grape/8:05 - why am I remembering these guys as a hard rock band?  This sounds it should be on the "Mighty Wind" soundtrack.

U2/Beautiful Day - (my pick!) I find this incredibly lifting for me.  

Jethro Tull/Locomotive Breath - (crazy ...another one of my picks - back to back!!) - people don't think the "flute group" can kick ### ...this does

Marvin Gaye/Inner City Blues - magnificent, sweet sweet flowing tune

Band of Horses/Factory (Acoustic) - enjoyed it, the acoustic made it like a nice coffeehouse joint

Beck/Golden Age - gentle song, incredible talent 

Edited by Binky The Doormat
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, simey said:

I can't hear the volume, but I know Marsha is being a bad girl and using the line on Charlie (I think that was his name).

I think you're right about Charlie.  IIRC, Doug was the jerk she was ditching Charlie for under false pretenses.

https://makeagif.com/gif/marcia-brady-of-the-brady-bunch-in-something-suddenly-came-up-KQApQ2

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

@krista4 you likey?

Yes!!!

Here's my list of stuff so far that I like enough to check out further.  A couple are songs I'd heard before but I'm just being reminded of again.

I Can Change – LCD Soundsystem

(all songs) – Frightened Rabbit

Cowboy Song – Thin Lizzy

Catch Hell Blues – White Stripes

Resurrection Fern – Iron & Wine

Hyperballad – Bjork

Thieves in the Night – Black Star

My Brain Hurts – Screeching Weasel

Welcome to Earth (Pollywog) – Sturgill Simpson

Big Poppa – Notorious B.I.G.

Dead Man’s Hand – Lord Huron

Colors – Black Pumas

Cindy Tells Me - Brian Eno

ETA:  Houdini - Foster the People

Edited by krista4
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Yes!!!

Here's my list of stuff so far that I like enough to check out further.  A couple are songs I'd heard before but I'm just being reminded of again.

I Can Change – LCD Soundsystem

(all songs) – Frightened Rabbit

Cowboy Song – Thin Lizzy

Catch Hell Blues – White Stripes

Resurrection Fern – Iron & Wine

Hyperballad – Bjork

Thieves in the Night – Black Star

My Brain Hurts – Screeching Weasel

Welcome to Earth (Pollywog) – Sturgill Simpson

Big Poppa – Notorious B.I.G.

Dead Man’s Hand – Lord Huron

Colors – Black Pumas

Cindy Tells Me - Brian Eno

I feel honored to make that list 2x.  

You had a pick tonight that I clicked on while doing the playlist that I hadn't heard of but really liked.  Added to my research mix, but can't remember it offhand. 

• Like 1

Well hello, Marcus King.  :wub: 

ETA:  To be clear, this was based on the music.  Afterward I looked him up, and no.

ETA2:  Amazing music, though.

Edited by krista4
  • Laughing 1

18.xx  Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain (1994)

I was listening to the playlist this morning and Loretta's Scars came on.  I was lamenting the fact that I hadn't been able to draft one of my top 3 Pavement albums but then I remembered my Remain In Light assumption so I decided to search the draft sheet.  

I thought CRCR had been selected but was pleasantly surprised to find that it had not been and I'm very happy to take it here.

Unfair

Range Life

• Like 4
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

18.xx  Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain (1994)

I was listening to the playlist this morning and Loretta's Scars came on.  I was lamenting the fact that I hadn't been able to draft one of my top 3 Pavement albums but then I remembered my Remain In Light assumption so I decided to search the draft sheet.  

I thought CRCR had been selected but was pleasantly surprised to find that it had not been and I'm very happy to take it here.

Unfair

Range Life

This wasn't already taken?  I would have sworn it was, too.  I took it off my list.  What the heck?

• Like 2

Just now, krista4 said:

This wasn't already taken?  I would have sworn it was, too.  I took it off my list.  What the heck?

WHOA, as I typed that, "Black Out" came on the mix.  With like 100 hours of music on there, that's spooky.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

@Northern Voice, any thoughts on extension past 30 rounds (I'm not suggesting we go one way or another)?  Within the next few rounds, it might start having an effect on picks.

I know we have discussed voting to extend past 30 when we get closer to that target ...I'm already jostling picks around based on what I have weaned down to 38 with a lot of angst and orphans left behind :D

Count me in for at least 40.  

• Like 1

Just now, Binky The Doormat said:

I know we have discussed voting to extend past 30 when we get closer to that target ...I'm already jostling picks around based on what I have weaned down to 38 with a lot of angst and orphans left behind :D

Count me in for at least 40.  

I could do 40.  Right now at 30 I'm getting into stuff I don't think anyone else would take, but if we're going 40 then I have some more "commercial" picks that I would wish to take first, which is why I'm wondering.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, krista4 said:

@Northern Voice, any thoughts on extension past 30 rounds (I'm not suggesting we go one way or another)?  Within the next few rounds, it might start having an effect on picks.

Tell me about it.  My list of albums I want exceeds the spaces available.  On the other hand, we may break the playlist.  How many hours of musical goodness are there now?

• Like 1