What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (3 Viewers)

Some of the top picks in the past 4-ish rounds that were certainly on my radar - 

• Kendrick - Good Kid MAAD City (this deserved to go much earlier than it did, IMO)
  • Spoon - Gimme Fiction
  • Face - Supreme Clientele
  • Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
  • My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Great choices all around

Some of the top picks in the past 4-ish rounds that were certainly on my radar - 

• Kendrick - Good Kid MAAD City (this deserved to go much earlier than it did, IMO)
Great choices all around
I only waited that long because I take it constantly in these drafts. I wanted to give others a chance, but it got the point of absurdity and I had to make my move. If I was being super serious about this, it's probably closer to my round 7 or 8 pick. 

What the heck, I’ll pick an easy one for me:

18.22 - Beastie Boys - Ill Communication (1994)

My second favorite beastie album. Coherent sentences and song choices in the morning. 

Funny - forgot I made this pick last night. I even got some formatting in.  After Paul’s Boutique, this album and another are a close 2a and 2b for me, but I’ve probably played this one a lot more. I really like the vibe and the variety of Ill Communication. Gonna be boring and take the two most popular songs, mainly so I can link to the best music video ever made:

Sabotage

Sure Shot

I am getting into the area of filling out the list with albums I need to have, but the bands are unknown to most everybody else.

18 - Guadalcanal Diary - 2x4 (1987)

I love this band, they came from the era around Athens, GA when the B-52s and REM were starting become big. I have thought that their singer has a great voice.

1. Litany (Life Goes On)
2. Winds of Change
... never heard of them 'til about 35 yrs ago  :hifive:

Yo Mama’s Island

(chronologically)

Steely Dan - Can't Buy a Thrill (1972)

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy (1973)

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (1975)

Bob Marley & the Wailers - Exodus (1977)

---------------------------------------------

AC/DC - Back in Black (1980)

U2 - The Joshua Tree (1987)

Prince - Sign o' the Times (1987)

Depeche Mode - 101 (1989)

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory (1991)

Green Day - Dookie (1994)

Notorious BIG - Ready to Die (1994)

Beastie Boys - Ill Communication (1994)

Beck - Odelay (1996)

Sublime - Sublime (1996)

Outkast - Aquemini (1998)

System of a Down - Toxicity (2001)

Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (2009)

Spoon - Hot Thoughts (2017)

:thumbup:

what will be the cutoff for incorporating songs into the Spotty shuffle?

could be a case where a handful of folks start to bogey the selections 🤔
When KP wants to stop :lol:

(KP > Maybe switch it to a collaborative playlist if it's becoming a chore. Or if you have a system and want to stay on it even better). 

May want to consider starting a new playlist at round 20 to avoid repeats.

When KP wants to stop :lol:

(KP > Maybe switch it to a collaborative playlist if it's becoming a chore. Or if you have a system and want to stay on it even better). 
would love to have the whole rollicking road show on one playlist - and big thanks to @KarmaPolice for scraping this all together ✌✌✌

Oh damn...love this album. Way off my radar for this- but love the pick. The Thom Yorke tune always stood out to me (rabbit in the headlights?) And Mike D is on this too, iirc.
oh yeah, mike D also.

Code:
Guns Blazing (Drums Of Death Pt. 1) (Ft. Kool G Rap)

UNKLE (Main Title Theme) 

Bloodstain (Ft. Alice Temple)

Unreal Lyrics

Lonely Soul (Ft. Richard Ashcroft) 

Getting Ahead In The Lucrative Field Of Artist Management 

Nursery Rhyme / Breather (Ft. Badly Drawn Boy)

Celestial Annihilation

The Knock (Drums Of Death Pt. 2) (Ft. Mike D)

Chaos (Ft. Atlantique Khan) 

Rabbit In Your Headlights (Ft. Thom Yorke) 

Outro (Mandatory) Lyrics

oh yeah, mike D also.

Guns Blazing (Drums Of Death Pt. 1) (Ft. Kool G Rap)

UNKLE (Main Title Theme)

Bloodstain (Ft. Alice Temple)

Unreal Lyrics

Lonely Soul (Ft. Richard Ashcroft)

Getting Ahead In The Lucrative Field Of Artist Management

Nursery Rhyme / Breather (Ft. Badly Drawn Boy)

Celestial Annihilation

The Knock (Drums Of Death Pt. 2) (Ft. Mike D)

Chaos (Ft. Atlantique Khan)

Rabbit In Your Headlights (Ft. Thom Yorke)

Outro (Mandatory) Lyrics

diving back in now... thanks again for making that pick!

I am getting into the area of filling out the list with albums I need to have, but the bands are unknown to most everybody else.

I love this band, they came from the era around Athens, GA when the B-52s and REM were starting become big. I have thought that their singer has a great voice.

1. Litany (Life Goes On)
2. Winds of Change
When someone has a video with a play count of 1.4k, I figure I'm one of the few. They were a great show. I saw them at the old 9:30 club here in DC when I as at GW in the late 80s.

When someone has a video with a play count of 1.4k, I figure I'm one of the few. They were a great show. I saw them at the old 9:30 club here in DC when I as at GW in the late 80s.
my ex was a huge fan, but interestingly enough never knew of the origin of their band name (Parsons chick, go figure).

got some exposure thru her ... always liked their sound - thanks for inserting into this mix  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
No longer a holiday, so I'm working and unable to keep this rolling.  I'll pop in now and then to update the spreadsheet, though.  About to do that now.  :)  
Turned out Binky had already updated most everything.  :hifive:   I did correct "Dire Straights," "Susannah Hoffs," and "Guadacanal Diary" spelling, though.  

Doubling down here as I was juggling this with my other pick originally...

18....radiohead- hail to the thief

Probably my favorite of theirs lately along with rainbows, mostly due to hearing tunes from their massive albums a bit too much.

Picks soon..
a bunch I'd love to have... will go with my fave, there there, and another self-gratuitous floppinho involvement pick with Myxomatosis (he's out from behind the drum kit to sing on this one).

1."2 + 2 = 5." (The Lukewarm.)3:19

2."Sit down. Stand up." (Snakes & Ladders.)4:19

3."Sail to the Moon." (Brush the Cobwebs out of the Sky.)4:18

4."Backdrifts." (Honeymoon Is Over.)5:22

5."Go to Sleep." (Little Man being Erased.)3:21

6."Where I End and You Begin." (The Sky Is Falling In.)4:29

7."We Suck Young Blood." (Your Time Is Up.)4:56

8."The Gloaming." (Softly Open our Mouths in the Cold.)3:32

9."There There." (The Boney King of Nowhere.)5:25

10."I Will." (No man's Land.)1:59

11."A Punchup at a Wedding." (No no no no no no no no.)4:57

12."Myxomatosis." (Judge, Jury & Executioner.)3:52 (11yo floppinho with school of rock nyc, mid-season show live at the Bitter End)

13."Scatterbrain." (As Dead as Leaves.)3:21

14."A Wolf at the Door." (It Girl. Rag Doll.)3:21

1. Litany (Life Goes On)
2. Winds of Change
they had a "hit" tune at some point that put them on the nationwide map for people listening to "college" radio back then. I may even have that album. 

18. Whateve - Radiohead- Pablo Honey 1993

I gotta triple up (Amnesiac and Radiodread already) and take the last of my favorite Radiohead records.  The year I graduated high school.  

Songs to come.  Not as easy as you may think.

Never heard that before.  Those guys were nuts.
apparently you did, but didn't know from it's source ... from the comments section:

"To the guys talking about Radiohead: The phonecall can also be heard at the back during the final moments of the song "How Do You?"

🍯

18.35 GRIS-Gris, Dr. John (1968)

Gotsta got my gris-gris close to hand, case d'island aint so deserted after all, cher.

My bff still burns me CDs, mostly jazz but, when he started streaming Treme a coupla years ago, he sent me lotsta stuff from its soundtrack. Brought me back to when Dr John would take his Le Grande Zombie act to the Boston Common Sunset Series of outdoor concerts every summer and just gas the place out every time. This has been in my heavy rotation ever since - plays better now than it did then and that's sayin sumn

Gris-gris

Walk On Guilded Splinters

Users who are viewing this thread