What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (7 Viewers)

18. Bob Dylan and the Band Before the Flood (1974) 

“It’s Alright Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)” 

“Don’t Think Twice It’s Alright”

One of my favorite live albums of all time. Dylan reinterprets some of his best material and gives it a new energy. 
not a big dylan fan ...but "It's Alright Ma" is one of my favorites

Alternative Draft pass thru 1

• 1st rd, 2nd  pick, Nigel Tufnel, -The Beatles - The Beatles
  • 2nd rd , 1st pick - cosjobs - Allman Brothers - At Fillmore East
  • 3rd rd - 12th pick - Abrantes - Elvis Costello & the Attractions - This Years Model
  • 4th rd - 5th pick - Bonzai - Jeff Buckley - Grace
  • 5th rd - 6th pick - wikkidpissah - Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
  • 6th rd - 7th pick - MAC 32 - Bruce Springsteen - The River
  • 7th rd - 30th pick - rcam - The Doors - The Doors
  • 8th rd - 33th pick - Uruk-Hai - Dusty Springfield - Dusty In Memphis
  • 9th rd - 21st pick - Binky the Doormat - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu
  • 10th rd - 36th pick - timschochet - Joni Mitchell - Court & Spark
  • 11th rd - 35th pick - RedmondLonghorn - Sinead O'Connor - I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got
  • 12th rd - 19th pick - otb lifer - Devo - Freedom Of Choice
  • 13th rd - 40th pick - cosjobs - Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings & Food
  • 14th rd - 22thpick - Yo Mama - AC/DC - Back in Black
  • 15th rd - 19th pick - Yo Mama - Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill
  • 16th rd - 9th pick  - Ilov80s - Aretha Franklin - I've Never Loved A Man The Way I Loved You
  • 17th rd - 36th pick - Bonzai - R.E.M. - Automatic For The People
  • 18th rd - 10th pick  - Hov34 - CHVRCHES - Every Open Eye

a bunch I'd love to have... will go with my fave, there there, and another self-gratuitous floppinho involvement pick with Myxomatosis (he's out from behind the drum kit to sing on this one).

1."2 + 2 = 5." (The Lukewarm.)3:19

2."Sit down. Stand up." (Snakes & Ladders.)4:19

3."Sail to the Moon." (Brush the Cobwebs out of the Sky.)4:18

4."Backdrifts." (Honeymoon Is Over.)5:22

5."Go to Sleep." (Little Man being Erased.)3:21

6."Where I End and You Begin." (The Sky Is Falling In.)4:29

7."We Suck Young Blood." (Your Time Is Up.)4:56

8."The Gloaming." (Softly Open our Mouths in the Cold.)3:32

9."There There." (The Boney King of Nowhere.)5:25

10."I Will." (No man's Land.)1:59

11."A Punchup at a Wedding." (No no no no no no no no.)4:57

12."Myxomatosis." (Judge, Jury & Executioner.)3:52 (11yo floppinho with school of rock nyc, mid-season show live at the Bitter End)

13."Scatterbrain." (As Dead as Leaves.)3:21

14."A Wolf at the Door." (It Girl. Rag Doll.)3:21
Probabky Would've picked the same 2 songs

@KarmaPolice

I am thinking Stop Whispering and Lurgee for the songs.  Blow Out is probably 3rd. Thoughts?  I like the whole record, lol.  I still owe Weezer songs too.

Last edited by a moderator:
19.03: The Church - Starfish (1988)

They weren't very well known in the US until this, their 7th album. But when they did make it here - boom - quite the revelation.

"Under The Milky Way"

"Reptile"

Signing to Arista might have seemed an unusual move to start with, getting produced by L.A. studio types like Waddy Wachtel even more so. But for the Church the rewards were great -- if sometimes too clean around the corners in comparison to the song-for-song masterpiece Heyday, Starfish set up the band's well-deserved breakthrough in the States. The reason was "Under the Milky Way," still one of the most haunting and elegant songs ever to make the Top 40. As Kilbey details a lyric of emotional distance and atmosphere, the band executes a quietly beautiful -- and as is so often the case with the Church, astonishingly well-arranged -- song, with mock bagpipes swirling through the mix for extra effect. That wasn't the only strong point on an album with more than a few; the lead-off track "Destination" was as strong an album opener as "Myrrh," if slower paced and much more mysterious, piano blending through the song's steady pace. The rest of the first side has its share of highlights, such as the quietly threatening edge of "Blood Money" and the confident, restrained charge of "North, South, East and West." Willson-Piper gets to lead off the second side with "Spark," a vicious, tight rocker that captures some of the best '60s rock edge and gives it a smart update. Equally strong is Kilbey's "Reptile," with an appropriately snaky guitar line and rhythm punch offset against weirdly soothing keyboards. Koppes has an okay vocal to his credit on "A New Season," but the stronger tracks are Kilbey's other contributions, the strong guitar waltz of "Antenna" (with great guest mandolin from David Lindley) and the closing charge (and very Church-like title) of "Hotel Womb." Performances throughout are at the least fine and at the most fantastic.
@wazoo11

It's ####### 91 degrees out, I'm in a second floor office, no air conditioning, all of the windows open but there's no breeze, there's like 5 different construction projects within earshot, including what sounds like something hammering a steel beam literally every "1 Mississippi" second, and my neighbor is on the phone in her driveway.   I'm sticking to my office chair. ####### kill me now.

It's ####### 91 degrees out, I'm in a second floor office, no air conditioning, all of the windows open but there's no breeze, there's like 5 different construction projects within earshot, including what sounds like something hammering a steel beam literally every "1 Mississippi" second, and my neighbor is on the phone in her driveway.   I'm sticking to my office chair. ####### kill me now.
Yuck. Maybe you should buy one of those cheap window units. 

I have a question about window unit air conditioners. If you put one in a window on a bottom floor, can someone walk up to the window and rip it out or push it in, and break into your house?

19.06 Gratitude, Earth, Wind & Fire (1975)

No record reminds me more of being young & free & happy. Living with a sweet ol' gal in a pretty mud hut in Albq's student neighborhood, doing honest work for honest pay, truly freeing myself from the ambitions which had dominated my life to that point. And Gratitude was our soundtrack to everything - cleaning the house, cooking together, she'd practice the massage techniques on me she was learning in a free school (she was majoring in Spanish Lit @ UNM , but just retired from 40 yrs as a chiropractor), around 10pm we'd go jogging naked w Walkmans and just speed to a sprint (streaking was the fashion then) if we encountered anyone on the street, making out like first-nighters to the Philip Bailey ballads. Just pure sweetlife.

Africano/Power

Reasons

@PIK95

Users who are viewing this thread