Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program

56 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

I'll be control-alt-deleting your face with no reservations

:lmao: Always loved this line.

Big fan of the pick. Remember Los Campesinos! from the indie night scene down here at the time. “You! Me! Dancing!” is super fun too.

• Like 2

Just now, Abrantes said:

:lmao: Always loved this line.

Big fan of the pick. Remember Los Campesinos! from the indie night scene down here at the time. “You! Me! Dancing!” is super fun too.

You! Me! Dancing! is an all-time great enough to have been in a Budweiser commercial about baseball. Word. Great song.

Now I'm really out. Peace.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simey said:
5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Oh word, I feel awful. I'm out for the night. Stay well, fellas and ladies.

I hope you feel better in the morning, rock. 

+1

Also +1 on Oxford comma.

Also +1 on buttered rum lifesavers or whatever they were.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JZilla said:

I will take Pearl Jam Yield please then, sorry was having dinner, please proceed

I wouldn't mind a setup where I can just be @'ed then skipped ala tim...

Will put you on the spreadsheet for such.

@Mrs. Rannous, you can let it rip.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JZilla said:

I will take Pearl Jam Yield please then, sorry was having dinner, please proceed

I wouldn't mind a setup where I can just be @'ed then skipped ala tim...

Since he didn't post songs clearly he wants the peanut gallery to chime in. You strike me as a Brain of J and In Hiding kinda guy. And if you aren't then...something to think about. 

• Like 1

Just now, MAC_32 said:

Since he didn't post songs clearly he wants the peanut gallery to chime in. You strike me as a Brain of J and In Hiding kinda guy. And if you aren't then...something to think about. 

Ahh you were close

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Tasker said:

17.10 - Toots & the Maytals - Funky Kingston (1975)

They do not get anywhere near the love they deserve, overshadowed by Bob Marley and the like, but I'll always go to bat for these guys.  Legends.

"Pressure Drop"

"Country Road" (the best John Denver cover you will ever hear)

The title track is also a 10/10.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

I was on call for Memorial Day weekend so no imbibing.

With my COVID19 abbreviated clinic schedule, I now have Tuesday afternoons and all of Wednesday off. So I'm already 1 gin in.  

Anyone joining me?  

Or I should have asked who has off tomarrow?

:kicksrock:

This Tuesday night was somewhat pathetic. 

I need to arrange for better days off. 

I’m going to sleep. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

I don't usually take live albums in these but I'm making an exception here. For one thing, I can't choose an album for these guys, there are too many I want. For another, I've seen them a half dozen times. For another, the live experience is a huge part of the whole thing with them and particularly Gord Downie. The banter here, the random deviations and detours into other songs. The out of nowhere references to all kinds of Canadiana. Also, I owned this on CD since the week it came out and I've listened to it hundreds of times. This is actually their third best selling album in Canada

19.09 - The Tragically Hip - Live Between Us (1997)

"Grace, Too" – 6:18
"Fully Completely" – 4:11
"Springtime in Vienna" – 4:37
"Twist My Arm" – 4:05
"Gift Shop" – 5:09
"Ahead by a Century" – 5:25
"The Luxury" – 4:08
"Courage" – 5:08
"New Orleans Is Sinking" – 6:22
"Don't Wake Daddy" – 5:30
"Scared" – 5:00
"Blow at High Dough" – 4:54
"Nautical Disaster" – 5:31
"The Wherewithal" – 4:14

From Wikipedia:

Lead singer Gordon Downie is known for his intensity and spontaneity during the band's live concerts such as telling rants/stories, observations, and random comments before, during, and after songs, among other things. As such, this live recording documents him incorporating snippets of other songs in the middle of the band's own songs. This includes John Lennon's "Imagine" during "Grace, Too", Crowded House's "Into Temptation" during "Twist My Arm", David Bowie/Iggy Pop's "China Girl" and The Beach Boys' "Don't Worry Baby" during "New Orleans Is Sinking", and both Jane Siberry's "The Temple" and Rheostatics' "Bad Time to Be Poor" during "Nautical Disaster"; in addition, a lyrical snippet from Downie's own solo song "Every Irrelevance" is spoken as the introduction to "Ahead by a Century", and part of the band's own unreleased but widely bootlegged song "Montreal" appears in "Courage".

Nice- didn't know they had a live album. I was trying to decide which Hip disc I'd draft and decided on Road Apples over Day for Night.

5 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Lol 

:wall: x2    looking like I might have to join the cheaters for my PJ fix. 

Yield was my huckleberry all along.. it's like if you took all the Pearl Jam albums and averaged them out..

Plenty of cheating opportunities available, also hundreds of live releases

2 minutes ago, JZilla said:

Come Out And Play

Copping grunge riffs doesn't make anyone a genius but it did sell records in 1994.  I dug this then but none of it has aged well for me, perhaps their later work has ruined em completely

:yes:

I took probably a 15 year break from them after Pretty Fly. Anytime their future work crept into my eardrums, nails on a chalkboard. I think hearing Nitro on one of many re-watches of Varsity Blues after internet radio became a thing is what finally got me to queue up Smash again. It's since become a once-a-monther, but everything after is strictly off limits.

• Like 2