What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (2 Viewers)

Who, Mac?

We go way back. Okay, we don't. But we should. Love me some Superchunk. 
didmt know him at all. i think i saw him play eith fellow schoolmate Laura Cantrell, who i had a huge crush on for always wearimg a motorhed tshirt when she played. Or just once. Either way...loved the folky harmonies with the t-shirt .

simey said:
Did you get steak, and if so, was it warm when you got it home?
We don't eat red meat, so no.

It was open, so we got it. I think we got salads and shrimp of some kind. We may have even fed the kids too.

simey said:
What does that mean? I've never eaten there before. 
you know those big hunks of tough meat in the grocery store that's called "sirloin" - the stuff they serve wishes it was related to those cuts of meat.

ETA:  they have enough tenderizer on them that they're not horrible, it's just a very cheap cut of meat - and they butcher it to be "reminiscent" of a filet

Last edited by a moderator:
simey said:
I was thinking about taking this, and I would have chosen the exact same songs. 
It's a good album, and a doubler too! My least favorite track is the title song - don't know why, it just never caught on with me.

It's a good album, and a doubler too! My least favorite track is the title song - don't know why, it just never caught on with me.
Same here. I don't know if it is the toot toot ah beep beep, but I've never cared much for it. She made some $ on that album since she wrote or co-wrote many of the songs. Dim all the Lights was all hers. Hot Stuff is my favorite. 

Same here. I don't know if it is the toot toot ah beep beep, but I've never cared much for it. She made some $ on that album since she wrote or co-wrote many of the songs. Dim all the Lights was all hers. Hot Stuff is my favorite. 
She really got screwed by the "Disco Queen" label, as she put out some really good stuff in the early '80s after disco crashed - but no one would touch her music then.

Summer was more of a rock singer, anyway. Hell, "Hot Stuff" is the blueprint for Pat Benetar's entire career,

Ilov80s said:
Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner by Warren Zylan: The person that drafted this did real well for themselves, I would be so sad if I knew I would never hear this album again

Joan Crawford by Blue Oyster Cult: New to me and I kind of like Joan so this could be interesting. Please listen to this piece of the song from the middle and make sense of it!!
Making sense of BÖC was not the brief here.  And, yes, snagging Excitable Boy in round three was a boost for my island home.

How about we top off the draft with a couple of stowaways - players, singers, bands who couldn't quite put together a stellar album, but still had their moments.
I was just thinking this a little while ago if I understand you right.  I was more thinking about greats, who had one hit song per record.  Like a one round of great song for the playlist.

I feel like I dig bands inspired by Bruce more than Bruce himself but this song is unimpeachable 
His Western Skies movie came on late night cable last week.  Made it through about ten minutes before drifting off 

The album wasn't bad at all and Moonlight Motel would make the countdown if I did rankings.

Round 26  -  Elton John  -  Blue Moves (1976)

Crazy Water

Sholder Holster  

Another double album- score!  For some reason, I like this better than any other of his albums.  It really doesn't sound anything like them to me.  (Not a burn.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie Steiner said:
For some reason, whenever I'm ITC, I expect what happened to  Dr. Manhattan is going to happen to me.

26.27: Son of a Son of a Sailor - Jimmy Buffett (1978)

Except for the lack of money, one of my favorite eras was when I was in college and working at a place called the Terrapin Taco House (any U of Md. alums circa 1970-2000 may remember the place).  The last few years I worked there, 2 former employees bought the place from the original owner, and one of them was a huge Buffett fan. There was hardly a time when some song or other of his wasn't playing in the background.  I never really enjoyed Margaritaville, but I did like some of the songs that didn't get on the radio, including the two for the playlist: Livingston Saturday Night and Cowboy in the Jungle.
I've liked his early stuff since I was little. Our neighbor, Connie, used to play him all the time. When I was old enough, I bought my own albums that I heard her play, and then I'd buy more that I heard on my own. The last album I bought by him was in 1981. I can't speak for his years after that, but he wrote some good songs in his early years.

Looks like Abrantes had a time-out skip earlier, and has been ITC so long I'm worried for his health.  Should we move on?

Charlie Steiner said:
26.27: Son of a Son of a Sailor - Jimmy Buffett (1978)

Except for the lack of money, one of my favorite eras was when I was in college and working at a place called the Terrapin Taco House (any U of Md. alums circa 1970-2000 may remember the place).  The last few years I worked there, 2 former employees bought the place from the original owner, and one of them was a huge Buffett fan. There was hardly a time when some song or other of his wasn't playing in the background.  I never really enjoyed Margaritaville, but I did like some of the songs that didn't get on the radio, including the two for the playlist: Livingston Saturday Night and Cowboy in the Jungle.
I've liked his early stuff since I was little. Our neighbor, Connie, used to play him all the time. When I was old enough, I bought my own albums that I heard her play, and then I'd buy more that I heard on my own. The last album I bought by him was in 1981. I can't speak for his years after that, but he wrote some good songs in his early years.
Buffett has a new album out today called Life on the Flip Side.  I'll let you two scout it out but if there's a banger, please let me know.

He was on skip earlier cause he was studying for something. This was earlier so I don't know if that changed or not.
:hifive:

Yeeeeeeeeeep. 'Bout to crash, but prepping to interpret a mock lecture on international relations for class tomorrow. Y'all can keep on skipping me 'til I check back (likely 'round 2, 3PM tomorrow)! 

Users who are viewing this thread