What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (3 Viewers)

Good point. In the spirit of the WIS Baseball drafts, in round 2, you can draft your island. 

One Rule - No Continental Land Masses

@cosjobs otc for island picking
So how strictly is the term "desert" to be taken into account? Is Hawaii eligible? If no, what is the population cut-off? If its zero, I think we'd have a really hard time. Also, how far from a densely populated land mass. For example, Staten Island? Even if no population, its proximity certainly would remove it from any definition of deserted. So how far? Is Catalina far enough away?

Rd 2 Stop Making Sense by The Talking Heads 

This is one of the few bands that I simply have to have and since I did want to get a few live albums here, this was an easy call. I can be picky at times about live versions of songs compared to their original studio versions. There’s hardly a song here that’s not as good or better than their studio versions. I’m kind of a late to this album too because of my somewhat hesitancy towards live albums. I just never associated this kind of new-wave band with a good live show. Better late than never. 

Heaven

Life During Wartime 
Damn nice two-round haul, and great playlist choices for this one. Would've gone with "Life During Wartime" too. And again, I'm partial to "This Must Be The Place" and love the version on SMS, but it's already on the playlist for Speaking in Tongues:thumbup:

So how strictly is the term "desert" to be taken into account? Is Hawaii eligible? If no, what is the population cut-off? If its zero, I think we'd have a really hard time. Also, how far from a densely populated land mass. For example, Staten Island? Even if no population, its proximity certainly would remove it from any definition of deserted. So how far? Is Catalina far enough away?
I take it as you can get any island you want but there's nothing/noone on it. For Hawaii though, you have to pick an island, you can't have more than one. If @Eephushas other ideas I'll let him jump in. 

Last edited by a moderator:
i was actually gonna start a thread on the phenom ... one chick, braided Jamaican girl, forget her name ... but she had to stop both "Time" and "Numb" repeatedly because of her crying at how moved she was. 

then there's one cat who is as raw sounding as they come - and, man ... does he LIGHT THE #### UP when jamming ... his reaction to "Dazed and Confused" was the greatest of 'em all. 

i thought i'd be groundbreaking with that thread, good to see i'm not alone  :hifive:
There’s a whole bunch with classical music as well.

Damn nice two-round haul, and great playlist choices for this one. Would've gone with "Life During Wartime" too. And again, I'm partial to "This Must Be The Place" and love the version on SMS, but it's already on the playlist for Speaking in Tongues:thumbup:
I chose Heaven because it represents the earlier stripped down part of the concert and is a song that I think is much better than the original album version. It works so well for that acoustic treatment. 

What if you don't particularly like FPS?
If you don't like FPS due to perspective - you are out of luck. If you don't like FPS due to needing to have excellent aim/fast reaction time - there are characters where you can be very helpful *without* being mechanically gifted (as long as you have decent game sense).

I am in my mid 40s but still have decent aim/reaction time. For instance, I average 175-180 ms on this over 5 attempts:

https://humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

However, I play with buddies I have known for years that are no where close to that. We play competitive together and we do hit a ceiling (I could climb higher if I just solo queued) but that ceiling isn't usually hit by solely being outclassed mechanically. The main cause for hitting a ceiling in that game is due to decision making. Also, there are a ton of game modes and modified games where you can do all sorts of entertaining stuff.

My bad - you just want it bolded?
Round, number, song /artist - all bolded

Song 1, song2 - both linked

It making it much easier for those compiling all this, or a drafter doing a quick scan to see what went since he last looked.

I'm taking Rhode Island, Cranston to be specific.

R2.01 Allman Brothers / Live at the Filmore East

Statesboro Blues

Whipping Post

From The Rolling Stone:If you’ve been so unfortunate as to never have caught the Allman Brothers Band live, this recording is certainly the next best thing. Turn the volume up all the way and sit through the concert; by the time it’s over you can almost imagine the Allman Band getting high and heading back to Macon (where, characteristically, they continue to live in unparanoid bliss) on their motorcycles. (Collectively, the group owns nine of them.) They’re one of the nicest things that ever happened to any of us.

I'll take the Deluxe Edition  for both LPs, as I dig free music, even when its already a double album.

Yes, two double albums, each with a bonus album gives me 12 sides of stellar Rock and Rock. An excellent foundation for my draft.
double snipe for me here - both were in my top 10

Short list, but I though I could snag it in round 4 or 5.  I forget we have 35 peeps in this thing and things are not going to fall as they normally would.
Wouldn't have made it past me towards the turn, but I expected it to go anyway before I went.

Users who are viewing this thread