What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (10 Viewers)

I'm a fan of this bluesy cover album by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa. They have some more together, including a live one that also features some of Beth's original songs, but I'm going with this one, which is the first they ever did together.

Round 27

Don't Explain - Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa (2011)

Chocolate Jesus

Ain't No Way
This was one of my favorite discoveries so far from the 2010s Album Draft (I'm something like 3 rounds into the playlist), so thanks. Love it.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fun trivia is that after my divorce I had a dalliance with one of the girls who appears near the end of the video. She was 25 years older, but still memorable.
Was she European or just acting?

Also am i remembering correctly or was that the secret song at the end of the cd?it's been a while. But yeah, that's a good cd. May need to check it out again.

Thanks all for the input.  I'll make it official:

28.16 - Albert King - Born Under a Bad Sign

Sooooo much Stax-y goodness here, with the Memphis Horns and Booker T/MGs as backing band.  Plus, you know, one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

Born Under a Bad Sign

Laundromat Blues
got to see him live several times - once was in a tiny punk club (no stage) and several of us were tripping balls.  I remember loving it ...but then the humanity became too much and we retreated to the car and laughed at the wall graffiti melting until sun up.  

Day in the sun and the shuffle machine is on point today. Pretty fantastic run 
Shuffle has mostly struck out for me. But also back from a nice day at assateague beach with pack of wild horses in attendance...I'll give it another whirl.

Round 28.03 - Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030 - 2000

In the dystopian future of 3030, Deltron (Del The Funky Homosapien Dan The Automater, Kid Koala) form to create a story that casts Del in the role of Deltron Zero, a disillusioned mech soldier and interplanetary computer prodigy rebelling against a 31st-century New World Order. In a world where evil oligarchs suppress both human rights and hip-hop, Del fights rap battles against a series of foes, becoming Galactic Rhyme Federation Champion. So it is.

It's also a darn fine piece of trip hop, excelling at everything, likely even causing Gorillaz to form in Damon Albarn's mind.

Madness
Whoa. I went through a DJ phase in the 90s...saw a bunch of shows (including some geek out "turntablist" stuff) and got into the music. Loved Kid Koala his first few albums...also a fan of Del. But I don't think I've heard this- looking forward to it.

Round 28) Parklife - Blur (1994)

Parklife

Girls and Boys
If we were all British, this would have gone on the 1st round.

28.21? David Gray - White Ladder

(1998)

I guess this came out in 1998 according to the internet? But it blew up in 2000 when the ubiquitous Babylon hit the airwaves. this guy was as big as Britney and eminem for a summer which is weird considering his story. iirc, dropped by his major label for not moving enough units, he recorded this in his apartment and released it on his own record label. this guy was indie before indie became en vogue. Anyway, like I said he was all over the airwaves with Babylon. Folksy strumming meets turn-of-the-millenium dance grooves (single or polygrooves?) meets emotive but not too saccharine vocals? the fact that this hit big was cool and I'm thinking this was probably before Clear Channel had co-opted and homogenized the airwaves. 

As for songs, let's go w the bookends:

Please Forgive Me

Say Hello and Wave Goodbye

Last edited by a moderator:
Where we be at here?
28.18Eephus-skip-timed out

28.19otb lifer-skip till evening (time zone?)

28.20Binky the Doormat-The Tubes

28.21Buffaloes-ITC

28.22Yo Mama-ITC

28.23mphtrilogy-ITC

28.24shuke-skip

28.25The Dreaded Marco-

28.26Chaos Commish-permaskip

28.27Charlie Steiner-

28.28Long Ball Larry-skip until further notice

28.29Abrantes-

28.30El Floppo-10 minute clock

28.31Steve Tasker-skip until further notice

28.32Northern Voice-

28.33Uruk-Hai-

Bah.. ####ty Friday afternoon. My last living grandparent is in the hospital. Even if she pulls through the doctors say she isn't going home again. She's 91 so it isn't like she was cheated or anything... but still sucks. Then, I take my 12 year old golden retriever to the vet because he has obviously not been feeling well. Cancer. So, he is on the "last meal" diet of whatever the #### he wants - he earned it - until that last fateful vet visit. Before I even get to inform my wife and son about our dog my mom calls. She went to the ER. Apparently, she had some strange reaction to a bee sting. Leg swelled up, very painful, couldn't walk. She's on crutches and antibiotics now but is having balance issues and has tumbled a few times...don't know what the hell to make of that. The doctors asked if she has had MERSA before... not sure where that line of questioning leads but it definitely doesn't sound good. Here's to a better weekend.

Unfortunately, only a 4 song EP:

Round 27) Drugstore Heaven - Houses or Dawn Golden & Houses (no idea how Spotify lists it) (2018)

Fast Talk

Left Alone
Sorry rcam, that sucks on a lot of levels. 

Part of my ####ty day yesterday was the thunderstorms which not only rained out my afternoon social distanced beer with a buddy but made me think of the day we lost our dog in the fall (she had an undetected lung condition that should have been treatable but the vet missed it and then they believe the stress of a thunderstorm which she always hated and the trip to vet caused her panicked breathing and her lungs then eventually heart to give out and she died in my wife's arms).

That plus stupid work stuff (pushing us to visit more and more stores while sales are at an all time high anyway), stupidity everywhere in the news, just felt like one of those days where everything was coming to put me in an awful mood (and I'm generally a pretty positive guy, hence my avatar).

27.09 - Iggy Pop - Lust For Life (1977)

Side one

1.    "Lust for Life"     5:13
2.    "Sixteen"    2:26
3.    "Some Weird Sin"     3:42
4.    "The Passenger"      4:44
5.    "Tonight"      3:39

Side two

6.    "Success"        4:25
7.    "Turn Blue"        6:56
8.    "Neighborhood Threat"       3:25
9.    "Fall in Love with Me"

Bah.. ####ty Friday afternoon. My last living grandparent is in the hospital. Even if she pulls through the doctors say she isn't going home again. She's 91 so it isn't like she was cheated or anything... but still sucks. Then, I take my 12 year old golden retriever to the vet because he has obviously not been feeling well. Cancer. So, he is on the "last meal" diet of whatever the #### he wants - he earned it - until that last fateful vet visit. Before I even get to inform my wife and son about our dog my mom calls. She went to the ER. Apparently, she had some strange reaction to a bee sting. Leg swelled up, very painful, couldn't walk. She's on crutches and antibiotics now but is having balance issues and has tumbled a few times...don't know what the hell to make of that. The doctors asked if she has had MERSA before... not sure where that line of questioning leads but it definitely doesn't sound good. Here's to a better weekend.

Unfortunately, only a 4 song EP:

Round 27) Drugstore Heaven - Houses or Dawn Golden & Houses (no idea how Spotify lists it) (2018)

Fast Talk

Left Alone
Wishing the best for your family.

Digging Fast Talk and looking forward to the next song.

Whoa!!!  How had I not heard this Greta Van Fleet before?   Just got my balls rocked by Highway Tune.   

Going in for an album deep dive now... 

Sorry rcam, that sucks on a lot of levels. 

Part of my ####ty day yesterday was the thunderstorms which not only rained out my afternoon social distanced beer with a buddy but made me think of the day we lost our dog in the fall (she had an undetected lung condition that should have been treatable but the vet missed it and then they believe the stress of a thunderstorm which she always hated and the trip to vet caused her panicked breathing and her lungs then eventually heart to give out and she died in my wife's arms).

That plus stupid work stuff (pushing us to visit more and more stores while sales are at an all time high anyway), stupidity everywhere in the news, just felt like one of those days where everything was coming to put me in an awful mood (and I'm generally a pretty positive guy, hence my avatar).
Thanks. Seems like a lot of us are having some bad days of late. I usually don't post anything too negative here (or at least deposit it in the political forum cesspool). I generally just try to post humorous stories, quips, and excellent non-single-groove music. Yesterday afternoon just sucked it a lot of different ways. I am really sad about my dog more than anything. I'm sure my mom will be OK - her situation is just weird and the final piece to a bad afternoon. My grandmother won't be - but that isn't unexpected and she has been very clear she wants to go out on her own terms - which it appears she will. My dog isn't unexpected either. His health has gradually declined the past two years or so. We used to go on 5 mile walks almost daily weather permitting and walk at least a mile even if in blizzard conditions but arthritis and elbow dysplasia has made it so he can't even go down the stairs from our deck to our backyard to do his business (we just let him out in our front yard). He still loves water though and I was looking forward to taking him to the local reservoirs this summer and letting him float and swim after tennis balls once the weather got hot. The rough part is my son. He just turned 7 and for about 6 years didn't care about the dog at all. However, this past year he has really bonded with the dog *and* this whole COVID19 shelter at home has made them inseparable. My son seems to be handling it well so far but being 7 you don't really comprehend the finality until it comes. *shrug* Most of us have known a long time we aren't getting off this rock alive - I'd just rather have bad news spaced out a little more. 

This has been on my short list for a while now, but it seems fitting to take this after that video of Killer Mike from Atlanta last night has been going viral around the innerwebs.  Yo Mama selects:

28.22 - Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 2 (2014)

1 - Jeopardy

2 - Oh My Darling Don’t Cry

3 - Blockbuster Night, Pt. 1

4 - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F***)

5 - All My Life

6 - Lie, Cheat, Steal

7 - Early  😍

8 - All Due Respect

9 - Love Again

10 - Crown

11 - Angel Duster

12 - Blockbuster Night, Pt. 2

Probably in my top 3-5 hip hop albums of the last decade. I’ve tried to get my kids into these guys since they’re both into all the new hippity hop stuff but they think it’s just more of what they call my DadRap. Had a hard time picking my second song - partly because I like so many of them, and partly because most would be unfriendly to the playlist sanctity. 

And if you don’t like this pick,  you can all run naked backwards through a field of #####

This has been on my short list for a while now, but it seems fitting to take this after that video of Killer Mike from Atlanta last night has been going viral around the innerwebs.  Yo Mama selects:

28.22 - Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 2 (2014)
I was just thinking about this today, too.  I adore Killer Mike.  Great pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread