Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program

Just now, mphtrilogy said:

I have my next pick ready who can I send it to?  my daughter emily turns 20 today so will be chilling with her and the fam the rest if the night

I'll be here!  My city is on fire, btw.

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

I have my next pick ready who can I send it to?  my daughter emily turns 20 today so will be chilling with her and the fam the rest if the night

Happy Birthday to yours.. I recently cycled through 2020 birthdays.  26, 24, and 21.

I'm so old.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Edited by Mister CIA
  • Thanks 1

29.06 The Essential Django Reinhardt, Django Reinhardt (2011)

This is how i start my day. Every damn day. It's the only reason i can put up with y'all. It's the only way I can get on track after beginning each day by wiping the hole i came out of and stuffing comestibles past the drool of the other end. I aint kidding. Django, Stephane Grappelli & la Quintette Hot Club de France is my xanax/speedball.

By necessity it is a compilation cuz there simply wasnt albums, just 78rpms, when this music was made. I have another obscure compilation that i doubt Spotify has, so this. And i needs it.

Djangology

Minor Swing

• Like 4
  • Love 4

As usual, I will decide on songs longer, but after pouting about the Pearl Jam going near back to back I thought about it more, did some research, and forgot how much I like this album top to bottom:

28.xx:  PEARL JAM - PEARL JAM (2006)

Then I'll take one from my youth that also cooks from top to bottom:

29.01:  VAN HALEN - 1984 (i think 1984?)

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

29.06 The Essential Django Reinhardt, Django Reinhardt (2011)

This is how i start my day. Every damn day. It's the only reason i can put up with y'all. It's the only way I can get on track after beginning each day by wiping the hole i came out of and stuffing comestibles past the drool of the other end. I aint kidding. Django, Stephane Grappelli & la Quintette Hot Club de France is my xanax/speedball.

By necessity it is a compilation cuz there simply wasnt albums, just 78rpms, when this music was made. I have another obscure compilation that i doubt Spotify has, so this. And i needs it.

Djangology

Minor Swing

Was on my list.  

• Like 1

28.24 Fruit Bats - Absolute Loser (2016)

I didn't listen to this entire album until today, and it's great.  Humbug Mountain Song didn't make my top 1000 songs thread because I hadn't heard it until my list was compiled, but it was an add-on.  It has slowly crawled up into my top 100.

Tracklist:
From A Soon To Be Ghost Town    
Humbug Mountain Song
None Of Us

Absoluter Loser    
Baby Bluebird    
My Sweet Midwest    
Birthday Drunk    
Good Will Come To You    
It Must Be Easy    
Don't You Know That

• Like 2

On a lighter note, I hired a neighborhood kid to mow the lawn (not to lay mulch), and his mom texted me yesterday around 4:30 to say he was on his way.  Never showed up, and I didn't get any response from her again all night.  I was a little worried until this afternoon when she messaged to say that he claimed he'd mowed it.  Yep, turns out he took care of a lawn two doors down instead.  And the best part is that the owners just acted like they expected him and went ahead and paid him.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 3
  • Laughing 10

1 minute ago, krista4 said:

On a lighter note, I hired a neighborhood kid to mow the lawn (not to lay mulch), and his mom texted me yesterday around 4:30 to say he was on his way.  Never showed up, and I didn't get any response from her again all night.  I was a little worried until this afternoon when she messaged to say that he claimed he'd mowed it.  Yep, turns out a lawn two doors down instead.  And the best part is that the owners just acted like they expected him and went ahead and paid him.

Gen Z ...they hate talking to people

28.32 - Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News (2004)

1.    "Horn Intro"    0:09
2.    "The World at Large"    4:32
3.    "Float On"    3:28
4.    "Ocean Breathes Salty"    3:49
5.    "Dig Your Grave"    0:13
6.    "Bury Me with It"    3:49
7.    "Dance Hall"    2:57
8.    "Bukowski"    4:14
9.    "This Devil's Workday"    2:19
10.    "The View"    4:13
11.    "Satin in a Coffin"    2:35
12.    "Interlude (Milo)"    0:58
13.    "Blame It on the Tetons"    5:25
14.    "Black Cadillacs"    2:43
15.    "One Chance"    3:04
16.    "The Good Times Are Killing Me"    4:16

Edited by Northern Voice
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, krista4 said:

On a lighter note, I hired a neighborhood kid to mow the lawn (not to lay mulch), and his mom texted me yesterday around 4:30 to say he was on his way.  Never showed up, and I didn't get any response from her again all night.  I was a little worried until this afternoon when she messaged to say that he claimed he'd mowed it.  Yep, turns out he took care of a lawn two doors down instead.  And the best part is that the owners just acted like they expected him and went ahead and paid him.

At least he didn't lay mulch at the wrong house- lol

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

7 minutes ago, krista4 said:

For mph.  Happy birthday, Emily!  🎂

29.18 - Allman Brothers - Brothers and Sisters (1973)

Song choices:  Jessica and Ramblin' Man

You won't believe what the kids on the album cover look like today!

:shock:

PICK 29.21

THE DOOBIE BROTHERS - THE CAPTAIN AND ME (1973)

hooooo boy ...this was so important to me.  What a run these guys had.  Much different band after Michael McDonald (still liked them ...but pushing Tom Johnston out of the way was not cool).  This album is so strong from beginning to end.  I know I say it's hard to pick only two songs off these albums I love ...but that's what makes them such strong albums.  

Songs

- China Grove

- Evil Woman (you may recognize this one ...didn't get as much airplay ...but please give it a chance)

Edited by Binky The Doormat
  • Like 10
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

PICK 29.21

THE DOOBIE BROTHERS - CHINA GROVE (1973)

hooooo boy ...this was so important to me.  What a run these guys had.  Much different band after Michael McDonald (still liked them ...but pushing Tom Johnston out of the way was not cool).  This album is so strong from beginning to end.  I know I say it's hard to pick only two songs off these albums I love ...but that's what makes them such strong albums.  

Songs

- China Grove

- Evil Woman (you may recognize this one ...didn't get as much airplay ...but please give it a chance)

Great pick. The album is The Captain And Me, though.

"Dark-eyed Cajun Woman" is another great one from this LP.

• Laughing 1