What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (8 Viewers)

:lmao:  And I have also put on Django countless times while making breakfast, and it works better than any magic spell ...
I just read this. Kinda weird we all did/do this. 

So screw it. I am going to stay live for the duration. This is what I found.

Django Festival Live at Birdland

I'd listened to Jimmy Rosenberg impressively channeling Django before, but discovered this in my search for a live album. It's pretty damn good if you like a airy gypsy guitar shredding your omelette cheese. Sparing the unwashed with a couple quicker noodlings. Miss Stephane alot, but wth.

The Sheik of Araby

Limehouse Blues

Woooeeee, I’m kinda stoned to the bejeezus and this album kicks butt rite now so imma gonna pick it. Yo Mama selects:

29.19 - Wolfmother - Wolfmother (2006)

1 - Dimension

2 - White Unicorn

3 - Woman 🥰

4 - Where Eagles Have Been

5 - Apple Tree

6 - Joker and the Thief

7 - Colossal

8 - Mind’s Eye

9 - Pyramid

10 - Witchcraft

11 - Tales

12 - Love Train

13 - Vagabond

:headbang: :headbang:

Too bad this guy was such a d-bag that everyone hated him and he had to get a new band every album  this one was by far the best  

Thanks. I don't know where KarmaP left the playlist and whose tracks are missing, but I will help with it when I get home. The girls were out doing girl things today, so I took naps and listened to live music when not keeping up with this. Undecided if I want to make a six hour red-eye drive tonight or wait for tomorrow. Either way I will be offline the rest of the night and most of tomorrow. Permaskip continues. Pleased to be caught up for now. Y'all should at least check spotty for your most recent picks and let us know if some are missing. 

You Trip Me Up - Jesus and Mary Chain - kickass

Beginnings - Chicago - I always forget there was this terrific band called Chicago before the Peter Cetera years.  Great reminder.

Here Comes My Girl - Tom Petty - well, yeah.  I am not a huge Petty fan but this song is ⭐ ⭐⭐⭐

Whole Lotta Love - did I ever mention here that in high school the very cool "dangerous" guy who rode a motorcycle and had an overnight DJ spot on a Louisville rock station nicknamed me "Bob" because my hair was looking like Robert Plant's?  :lmao:  

Joy Divison - Atmosphere - One of their more New Orderish numbers

Percy Sledge - Cover Me - The playlist knows me and what I need tonight

Django Festival guy - Limehouse Blues - Ridiculous picking five times fast

Rush - Analog Kid - When MI6 trained me to withstand torture, they said to lock in on the drums.  I keed I keed.

SRV Texas Flood - Man the way he attacks notes.  Stevie Ray's tone is fat.

Round 29 - Refused, The Shape of Punk to Come (1997)

The reason I was terrified when @rockaction entered this draft. How they slipped under my radar before then I don’t know. But they did. And with his help a few years ago that was corrected. I felt pretty good about this not being on anyone else’s radar, so – thank you for going the shtick route on this thing so I didn’t panic pick it a dozen or so rounds ago.

New Noise

Tannhauser/Derive

Round 29 - Refused, The Shape of Punk to Come (1997)

The reason I was terrified when @rockaction entered this draft. How they slipped under my radar before then I don’t know. But they did. And with his help a few years ago that was corrected. I felt pretty good about this not being on anyone else’s radar, so – thank you for going the shtick route on this thing so I didn’t panic pick it a dozen or so rounds ago.

New Noise

Tannhauser/Derive
I almost picked it anyway. I remember us talking about them a while back.

@rockaction, you around to join the chamber?
Yep. It might take me a minute to decide, though. I never thought it would get back to me. 

PENNYWISE - UNKNOWN ROAD

(1993)

One of my favorites from back in my 14 year old skate punk days.

entire album is less time than some of the tracks on the playlist.

second song selection seems appropriate for tonight’s activities, including my own city. (Actually sort of the first song too)

1."Unknown Road"

2."Homesick"

3."Time to Burn"

4."It's Up to Me"

5."You Can Demand"

6."Nothing"

7."Vices"

8."City is burning "

9."Dying to Know"

10."Tester"

11."Try to Conform”

12."Give and Get”

13."Clear Your Head”

Round 29.38 - Cancer 4 Cure - El-P (2012)

The finest solo effort from El-P,  the Run The Jewels stalwart, previously an underground indie rapper. This is him in a previous iteration of himself. Cancer 4 Cure, as it were, is El-P's testament to paranoia, borderline schizophrenic, but always reasoned, always rational. Never delusionally grandiose, yet rooted in a firm fear of the system under which we live. It’s performed under the assertion and belief that there is someone out to get you, somewhere, wherever you are – because of something you have said or done before. The lyrics are dystopian. The anger over being a pawn in the game seethes with every track. There’s a ripping sense of humor that goes along with it, one that those already in the know indeed do know. An appropriate album for the events of the day. Selections include the outright dance/techno trance banger and William Burroughs-introduced "Request Denied" and "Drones Over BKYLN"

Request Denied

Drones Over BKYLN

Round 29.38 - Cancer 4 Cure - El-P (2012)

The finest solo effort from El-P,  the Run The Jewels stalwart, previously an underground indie rapper. This is him in a previous iteration of himself. Cancer 4 Cure, as it were, is El-P's testament to paranoia, borderline schizophrenic, but always reasoned, always rational. Never delusionally grandiose, yet rooted in a firm fear of the system under which we live. It’s performed under the assertion and belief that there is someone out to get you, somewhere, wherever you are – because of something you have said or done before. The lyrics are dystopian. The anger over being a pawn in the game seethes with every track. There’s a ripping sense of humor that goes along with it, one that those already in the know indeed do know. An appropriate album for the events of the day. Selections include the outright dance/techno trance banger and William Burroughs-introduced "Request Denied" and "Drones Over BKYLN"

Request Denied

Drones Over BKYLN
Dammit x 2

Users who are viewing this thread