What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (7 Viewers)

I felt so badass when my dad somehow allowed me to buy this record. I don’t think he’d heard yet that Another One Bites the Dust was really backwards for It’s Fun to Smoke Marijuana. Just to keep @Mrs. Rannous from taking all the Queen albums, Yo Mama selects:

32.22 - Queen - The Game (1980)

1 - Play the Game

2 - Dragon Attack

3 - Another One Bites the Dust

4 - Need Your Loving Tonight

5 - Crazy Little Thing Called Love

6 - Rock It (Prime Jive)

7 - Don’t Try Suicide

8 - Sail Away Sweet Sister

9 - Coming Soon

10 - Save Me
This is the Queen album that I mentioned yesterday that contains my second favorite Queen song, Dragon Attack.   That groove is a beast.   Of course, Mercury and May are just doing their excellent work as usual as well.  

Third season's coming in late June, and I believe it's supposed to be the last one. I don't know if it's for everyone, but it was extremely up my alley. Multiple people have told me they struggled telling the adult Germans apart, but you quickly get used to it.

I still have to watch Deadwood too.  :ph34r:
If it's close to its last season I could probably do it.  I still have to finish Deadwood, too, and I don't watch TV often enough to make it through anything very quickly.  Sounds intriguing to me.

31.07 Pink Floyd - the Division Bell 1994

This is probably my fourth favorite Floyd record.  I like it better than the Wall.  Happy to get it so late.  Island is shaping up nicely.

Songs are...

What Do You Want From Me

Great Day For Freedom

31.23 - I Against I - Bad Brains (1986)

I've refined draft gimmick #3 to restrict myself to overlooked albums from artists drafted during the first eleven rounds.  Ironically, I had to turn it up from ten to eleven to fit in this album.

For this record, Bad Brains added shards of metal into their signature punk/reggae sound.   It rocks like a mother but it has hooky melodies and the fierce drumming of Earl Hudson.

I Against I

She's Calling You

ETA: Artist drafted at 11.22 by @otb_lifer  Album: Rock For Life

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a Stones record and I need a record from the great year of 1965. Two birds.. one Stone(s)..

Still getting into Early Stones after I picked up most of the records from the Stones in mono LP set, really enjoying them..

pick 32 - The Rolling Stones ‎– Out Of Our Heads - 1965

• satisfaction
  • the last time

32.18 - Pink Cadillac - John Prine (1979)

Artist drafted by @landrys hat at 1.26 Album: John Prine

Prine recorded this record at Sun Studios with Sam Phillips and his sons.  Not surprisingly, it has a more Rockabilly sound than anything else in his catalog.  It's not Prine's magnum opus, he only wrote half of the ten songs, but he sounds like he's having fun which gets passed to the listener.   It also reminds me of the time I saw him in concert because I believe he was touring behind this album.

How Lucky

Automobile

PIK95 said:
30.34 the Go-Go's Beauty and the Beat 1981

Getting this record and Duran Duran Rio so late makes me very happy.

Our Lips Are Sealed

We Got the Beat

80's party!!
This is the SOD. Say it like McEnroe: You cannot be serious about this value in the 30th round!

Great pick, PIK.

Users who are viewing this thread