What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (4 Viewers)

Gregory showed in restaurant wars he knows how to manage that band of misfit toys.
That is true.  He is so mellow and good-natured that he can handle anyone.  Melissa can, too.  Love them both!

Gotta admit he's great TV
I never thought so.  Constantly wanted to shoo him off the screen.  But the judges always seemed amused by him, so I'm missing something.

The winds don't seem to be blowing the flames in her direction right now.
agree - though the odds for her presidential election have dropped in half since i made the bet ...it's 25-1 currently

ETA:  as a qualifier ...I am a fairly apolitical person and not a Trump or Hillary fan (or Biden)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is up anyway?  I may crash out soon.
timer is off and we are here:

34.23mphtrilogy-ITC

34.24shuke-Spoon

34.25The Dreaded Marco-Liars

34.26Chaos Commish-permaskip TO THE MAX!! - by request

34.27Charlie Steiner-ITC

34.28Long Ball Larry-skip until further notice

34.29Abrantes-ITC

34.30El Floppo-10 minute clock

34.31Steve Tasker-

34.32Northern Voice-

34.33Uruk-Hai-skip until hear otherwise

3434PIK95-YOU ARE HERE

34.35wikkidpissah-

34.36timschochet-permaskip

34.37wazoo11-

34.38zamboni-10 min clock

34.39Nigel Tufnel-10 min clock

34.40Karma Police-skip any time before 5pm CST

I was originally thinking of going with eponymous albums or albums with the band name partially in it, but was scared off by the 40 drafters. I’m glad I chickened out because I would have gone on tilt with Rage and Van Halen taken between my 1st and 2nd round picks (Who’s Next would have been my 1st rounder). Plus I really like my island playlist so far without using a draft shtick. 

I was originally thinking of going with eponymous albums or albums with the band name partially in it, but was scared off by the 40 drafters. I’m glad I chickened out because I would have gone on tilt with Rage and Van Halen taken between my 1st and 2nd round picks (Who’s Next would have been my 1st rounder). Plus I really like my island playlist so far without using a draft shtick. 
Peter Gabriel would have been your friend.

Guy has more kindness in one strand of his dyed blond hair than the current guy. 
I've no opinion of his show, which I've never seen, or his restaurants, which don't look to my taste, but he's proven to be a terrific person.  He's not exactly Jose Andres, but terrific.

Just one example is what he's done to help restaurants workers during the pandemic.  

I've no opinion of his show, which I've never seen, or his restaurants, which don't look to my taste, but he's proven to be a terrific person.  He's not exactly Jose Andres, but terrific.

Just one example is what he's done to help restaurants workers during the pandemic.  
What a ####### bar that guy's set.

Same. I didn't realize all he does until recently. I was guilty of pre-judging him because he looks like you can smell the cloud of Axe body spray coming off him from four blocks away. But that's on me. 

Still thinking about the other album, but I will grab my 32nd rounder and what I think is a steal since I would consider it one of the best albums of the 90s.   Didn't take it earlier because I always talk about it and took it in the last draft, but I guess none of y'all want it, so....

32.40:  NINE INCH NAILS - THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL (1994)

Songs:   NOT Closer.  
Awww.  C'mon.

Still NSFW

GUYS!!!  I just realized I had forgotten a record I must have on my island.  Can we just all agree that I should have it?

:cry:  

GUYS!!!  I just realized I had forgotten a record I must have on my island.  Can we just all agree that I should have it?

:cry:  
I have a pick before you this coming rd ...just send me your pick and I'll hold it for you. 

I'm sure we can work something out  :D

moe - Rebubula or something like that - kind of like a proggy Spin Doctors thing.  The stop/starts and sharp turns take musical skills to pull off.  11 and a half minutes.

Sturgill - The Promise - The best covers unlock something new from a familiar song.  This one's lovely.

Stone Temple Pilots - Atlanta - I lost touch with these guys early so this is new to me.  Weiland's voice has been better and a whole lot worse.  Big orchestral production for a simple ballad.

Sturgill again - Call to Arms - Same singer obviously but couldn't be more different from The Promise. Don't love this one for some reason.

Sabbath - A Bit of Finger etc. - Any time a song has multiple slashes in the title, you have to check your watch.  This one's 14 minutes but it rules.

Watching the Sopranos for the third time over the years (counting the original airings) - at the finale.

I started a shuffle and first song out of the gate was "Thick As A Brick" at 22 minutes.  I know there has been some issues with this AND more importantly @wikkidpissah requested that it be replaced with the radio version.  So I did that.   It is now 3:03.

I can easily be put back if I misunderstood wikkid's wishes.  

🎶  🚬   :coffee:   🚬  🎶

5:28 a.m. shufflin' ...

Under the Hedge - Thad Leo & the Pill Guys

walked in expecting to dislike, what with the geeky band moniker and all - like the oh so precious Hipster tools i hand wave ... but this was a very tight tune, a complex lil' burner, pleasantly surprised - 8.0

Tangled Up In Blue - Bobby Z

im'ma let  this guy take the wheel for this one - 10

Less Than Zero - Declan Mac

500x better than the flick - pretty exemplary Costello lyric rip here, gorgeous flow and feel - 9.0

The Unforgettable Fire - YouTwo

best track they ever laid down. period. hell of a shuffle run right now - 10+

No Way Out - White Dopes on Punk

whooaa ... breezy start busts into a Devo vibe, then into some funky glide ... lot going on here, can detect traces of the Miracles "Love Machine" - 7.0

Don't Swallow the Cap - Frank DeFrord's Defunct Daily

sweet from start to finish ... very cool java vibe, another smoke lit - great burn at the end - 8.0

Then I Met You - 500 Milers

unabashedly Scottish, like young Stewart McKenzies ... nice picking, but very close to the other stuff i've heard from them ... which is not the worst thing. another pair of Reid bros, but as far removed from the Chain as one could get - 6.5

Monday Monday - Suzy Sweet

maybe if Hoffs wasn't so ridiculously stunning she'd be recognized more for her immense talent - her harmonies and backing vox here are sublime ... the guy ain't too bad, either 😁8.0

The Bed's Too Big Without You - Gendarme

possibly my favorite of theirs ... such a pulsing pull on the eardrums - can't imagine it ever being better than this - Sting wins this one over his pretentiousness, all 3 of 'em on their "A+" game ... this is some choice #### - 10+

Car Jamming - The Ortegas

i think Joe got silly at times, this is one of them ... he fancied himself an honorary NYer, but the street cred he so desperately craved misses on rhis one ... he did much better work - 5.5

tally:

10 tunes 

1 cuppa 

8.2 avg

11 smokes

big hitters bringing some big numbers, a couple surprises ... loving the ride - kudos to all ✌

ps - as i'm typing, the Doves "Cedar Room" just smacked me bigly - cotdammnn! time to dig further 📻

Users who are viewing this thread