What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (6 Viewers)

Little too tall/could have used a few pounds

Wait! No! Stop! Presses, hold! Dresses, fold!

Bob, bubby, what on earth are you talkin' about? She's 5'10" without heels, 135. She's perfect.

You killed your European son/you spit on those over twenty-one

Hey, Lou! Lou! Make that Lulu, amirite?! C'mon back here before you write a nasty elegy to a dead friend. 

GUITAR FREAK OUT!!!!

There she goes again
She's knocked out on her feet again
She's down on her knees, my friend
But you know she'll never ask you please again

Now take a look, there's no tears in her eyes
Like a bird, you know she would fly, what can you do
You see her walkin' on down the street
Look at all your friends that she's gonna meet

GUITAR FREAK OUT!!!!

LAST CHORUS FREAK OUT!!!!

rockaction's top ten favorite immediate spins of the moment (which means a listen within the past seventy-two hours)

1.01 - Velvet Underground and Nico - Velvet Underground and Nico (Peel Slowly) (Banana Album)
2.xx and beyond - What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
3.01 - Is Survived By - Touche Amore
4.xx and beyond - Hot Thoughts - Spoon
5.01 - Run The Jewels 4 - Run The Jewels
6.xx and beyond - Let Go - Nada Surf
7.01 - Velvet Underground - Velvet Undergound
8.xx and beyond - Summertime '06 - Vince Staples
9.01 - Eat To The Beat - Blondie
10.xx and beyond - Boxer - The National

rockaction's top ten favorite immediate spins of the moment (which means a listen within the past seventy-two hours)

1.01 - Velvet Underground and Nico - Velvet Underground and Nico (Peel Slowly) (Banana Album)
2.xx and beyond - What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
3.01 - Is Survived By - Touche Amore
4.xx and beyond - Hot Thoughts - Spoon
5.01 - Run The Jewels 4 - Run The Jewels
6.xx and beyond - Let Go - Nada Surf
7.01 - Velvet Underground - Velvet Undergound
8.xx and beyond - Summertime '06 - Vince Staples
9.01 - Eat To The Beat - Blondie
10.xx and beyond - Boxer - The National

I can for sure get behind 3 of those.  

Seriously though - are we doing a draft next week?

If it's like the last one, I have started working on two ideas that overlap a little bit, so I might just do both. 

I can for sure get behind 3 of those.  
Which ones, would you say? RTJ 4 on your island is a huge thing. Nice pick with goonies v. E.T. for your song selection. Sort of an addicting beat then the drop off to them doing a live call and response to finish up with a

MICHAEL RENNER LYRICAL FREAK OUT!!!

Which ones, would you say? RTJ 4 on your island is a huge thing. Nice pick with goonies v. E.T. for your song selection. Sort of an addicting beat then the drop off to them doing a live call and response to finish up with a

Not a shot at the list or anything, just not familiar with some of it.   I can for sure get behind The National and Vince Staples though.  

Right now I am scanning through my 1st jukebox playlist.  Weird combo of laughing at my selections + realizing how much crossover there was with this draft + jamming to stuff that is still good.  

Not a shot at the list or anything, just not familiar with some of it.   I can for sure get behind The National and Vince Staples though.  
Oh, I didn't think it was a shot at all.

I was just asking because I was curious.

Love me some Staples. Underrated rapper, really. Came across this video the other day which was quite haunting. 

Senorita

eta* I'm pretty new to the National, as it were. I think last year was when I began listening to them. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Rennie was ill the day the earth stood still
But he told us where we stand

Michael Rennie was ill the day the earth stood still
But he told us where we stand
Had to look that up. :lol:

Listening to Mac Miller's Tiny Desk Concert right now.

Interesting.  Whoa. I don't know whether I love it or hate it. Sounds like sort of sing-song funk. Not what I expected at all. It's killing me that he's not introducing the band that's playing with him, though. He's so intimidated by being there that he's forgetting how to be an entertainer. RIP, mang. 

https://youtu.be/QrR_gm6RqCo

Eephus said:
50 songs

One song per year from the beginning of recorded music to the current year.  If you don't know 21st Century music, you can opt for 1950-1999.   Date ranges do not have to be contiguous.
Seems like any 50 year span @simey

Right, but last time it started in 66. Does that mean now it would start in '70? Could we decide what year we wanted it to start to lead up to 50 years?  

*Nevermind you sorta answered that. So we can pick our 50 year span perhaps?  I just spent the last hour trying to help my neighbor find her cat who didn't come home earlier, and she believes the fireworks are scaring him. I saw him at 5:01 in the hedges panting and squaling, and sent her a text saying so. She had a family member over, and then tried to find him and couldn't. She brings him in every day at dinner time. Hopefully he is ok, and just hiding from the fireworks. It is scary to have a pet outside here with all the coyotes. I'll look around again around 12:30, which I hope the fireworks will be done by then.

It seems like when Eephus posted it this time, it was just from the start of recorded music, not sure if he said anything about a consecutive 50 run that we have to put together, but I could be wrong.  

My vague, hazy understanding of it was that it we would get 50 songs, only 1 song from any given year, but starting from the start of recorded music.  

It seems like when Eephus posted it this time, it was just from the start of recorded music, not sure if he said anything about a consecutive 50 run that we have to put together, but I could be wrong.  

My vague, hazy understanding of it was that it we would get 50 songs, only 1 song from any given year, but starting from the start of recorded music.  
It's 50 songs from ~50 years.  I'm planning some dice-rolling gimmicks to allow limited doubling up on years to make it easier for people who aren't big on recent music.

It's 50 songs from ~50 years.  I'm planning some dice-rolling gimmicks to allow limited doubling up on years to make it easier for people who aren't big on recent music.
So 1970-2020? And does the first round start in the earliest year or  draft from whatever year at any time?

Playlist song length data

under 2 min - 32 songs
2-3 min - 307
3-4 min - 761
4-5 min - 691
5-6 min - 344
6-7 min - 150
7-8 min - 90
8-9 min - 40
9-10 min - 24
10-15 min - 36
15 min or more - 8
Less than 15% of the songs on the DI playlist are over six minutes. :shrug:

Sound quality of a 7" single falls off the more music is crammed on it.

Oh, not complaining. In the least. Just lamenting my boys' contributions at the wayside of the beach on the isle. Fire away on the time. Dance the night away. 

rockaction said:
Little too tall/could have used a few pounds

Wait! No! Stop! Presses, hold! Dresses, fold!

Bob, bubby, what on earth are you talkin' about? She's 5'10" without heels, 135. She's perfect.
Dude, the singer is talking about himself those first two lines.  I was going to tell you this in the thread you started but figured I'd save you the embarrassment.

Dude, the singer is talking about himself those first two lines.  I was going to tell you this in the thread you started but figured I'd save you the embarrassment.
Yeah, isn't that the kicker...hence the parenthesis in the updated title.

Stupid me. Have you ever seen that Velvet Underground thread I started with "Women never really feign..."

I thought that was what Lou Reed was really saying.

Damn Bob Seger and his marble munching at the beginning. 

Waiting on the thunder
Waiting on the thunder

I woke last night to the sound of thunder
"How far off," I sat and wondered
Started humming a song from 1962

It's hard to do italicized lyrics to J Dilla. Everything gets lost in the translation.

record scratches
loop comes in

[voiceover]
ladies and gentleman...

True but one of the great jukebox songs of all time is not eligible. It’s not my bag so I don’t care but I swear it got played by somebody with regularity back in the years jukeboxes were a thing. 

I’m in though for this draft!

Users who are viewing this thread