What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (1 Viewer)

Bona fide or Certified? I don't give a #### whether you like country or not, but I am confused by some of your thoughts you post. 
Me too Simey, me too.

I was a genius before the ADD and CTE.  Now it all depends on the time of the day...I mean time of the hour.   I'm a mess.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a final ruling on picking Compilations? Is @Eephus the only one who chooses them?
The ones Eephus is picking are compilations but most of the songs on them weren’t on proper albums.
I think the “rule” is basically no box sets or greatest hits records.
I think the only thing off limits are artist greatest hits compilations.

Monsterrey Pop is a box set and it's on an island.  I personally don't see anything wrong with Springsteen 75-85 other than there's not enough of his early stuff.

Bona fide or Certified? I don't give a #### whether you like country or not, but I am confused by some of your thoughts you post. 
So I like a lot of old country and Bluegrass.  I HATE most of what passes for country these days.  Especially when the singers change the way they sing to whatever they call those sounds they make.  It's awful!

:lmao:  Decided to randomize, and the first song that came up was Thin Lizzy ("Cowboy Song").  Serves me right.
I've been randomizing for the last hour. Such a great list and it's been cool seeing the new songs being added as I listen.  Good job all!  :thumbup:     Thanks to all of you guys here, I rediscovered my love for music about three years ago.  Really appreciate the effort of all of you.   Carry on!

I think the only thing off limits are artist greatest hits compilations.

Monsterrey Pop is a box set and it's on an island.  I personally don't see anything wrong with Springsteen 75-85 other than there's not enough of his early stuff.
Greatest hits type soundtracks and compilations I.e. Forrest Gump soundtrack are supposed to be off limits but I'm not enforcing. 

6.7 Oracular Spectacular by MGMT (2007)

neo-psychedelic indie pop rock extravaganza

I'm feelin' rough I'm feelin' raw I'm in the prime of my life
Let's make some music make some money find some models for wives
I'll move to Paris, shoot some heroin and #### with the stars
You man the island and the cocaine and the elegant cars

Time to Pretend

Electric Feel
Awesome. I would have forgotten all about this one, for sure.

So I like a lot of old country and Bluegrass.  I HATE most of what passes for country these days.  Especially when the singers change the way they sing to whatever they call those sounds they make.  It's awful!
I do remember you liking a Merle Haggard song I drafted in the past. I'm not a fan of the pop country played on country radio. I hear it if I ride in the car with my mom. 

I suspected it was on a few short lists.  Was not going to sit idle for an 8-track I listened to a 100 times on road trips in my wonder years.
Well, he'd been talking about it since the first round, so he has only himself to blame!  Glad to see the love.

Top of the first inning and Brown Shugga is leading off.  If I draft any John Denver albums you can be sure I made it to #6.

Let's go snipe hunting!
You ever hear the story about the beer (which I love) Lagunitas Sucks?

Apparently they had a reserve pale ale recipe that they could get to market in like 10 days in the event of an emergency.  One year, has to be like 10 years ago now, they ####ed up a batch of Brown Shugga right before the holidays.  Brown Shugga has like a 4-week leadtime so they made the decision after like two weeks to pull the plug, dump all the Brown Shugga, and brew an emergency batch of the unnamed pale ale.  They were so upset that they let their customers down by ####### up the batch of Brown Shugga, that they decided to name the new beer Lagunitas Sucks.

It became such a hit that it's an every-year beer now.  If you look at the label, it says right on it "Brown Shugga substitute" even though the beers are nothing at all alike.  If you've ever wondered why it says that - this is why.

This next pick will be less snipey. It's a well-known and loved album, just not loved enough.  I'll grant that the vocals lack (but not in any Dreddy Lee sort of way), but in the end they are integral to the beauty of the finished product.  The piano chops are the second most lovable outside a pop jazz star on my short list, and the Jimmy McCullough guitar solos are brilliantly peppered throughout the entire production (one of Pete Townsends finest productions, I'll add).  And to cap it off, they end it with one of the most brilliant (there's that word again) pop songs of all time.  

Round 2 Pick: Hollywood Dream by Thunderclap Newman.  1970

!0-4.  Bear with.  I hope Thunderclap Newman shows up.  Last time I checked  their original material was not available on Google Play.
It wasn't on Spotify for a long time (except for Something In the Air on some soundtrack) but it's up there now :thumbup:

Whoever picked Jimmy Cliff's The Harder they Come, GB you.
Eephus. He has an uncanny ability not to pick something that snipes me, but to pick something that should snipe me. Draft after ###### draft. I put a little reggae in every draft I do. In college it was our early morning hangover music. This pick is something I used to be aware of, but completely forgot. Which made feel old, dumb, and angry. It's a perfect pick for me. If I ever have the honor of replacing Bos on that walk, I might punch him in the throat before shaking his hand. We all have musical kindred spirits around here. Eephus would be mine if I was worthy. I hate him.

I think everyone is some sort of mess at times, and no matter what day or hour or messy state you may be in, you're my friend and I've always enjoyed your carefree spirit.
Thanks, and I feel the same about your spirit.  You seem to have the balance that I strive for.

Users who are viewing this thread