Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Obamagate- AKA ***Official Dishwasher Thread***

41 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I’d love to spend the next four weeks in the woods and emerge on Election Day.  Everything about this is going to be insufferable for the next month.

You might want to extend that to 4 weeks after the election too.  Should he lose Trumps been telegraphing his post election play here for a while.....

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It took Mueller 100 pages of his report to describe all the contacts between Trump campaign personnel and Russians. In setting up the Trump Tower NY meeting, Don Jr. expressed delight at the prospect

‘sup

CNN is extreme left. 

36 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Wasn’t criticizing.

Asked you as a fellow human to enjoy your vaca with your fam instead of arguing politics with strangers on the internet

Back to your regularly scheduled addiction...

Or just realize you have zero reason to even comment or ask me anything.  Especially as I was sitting waiting to pick up takeout.  Best to just not comment at all when you haven’t a clue about what is going on.

28 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

You might want to extend that to 4 weeks after the election too.  Should he lose Trumps been telegraphing his post election play here for a while.....

I agree with Tim that it’s going to be a blowout and the result won’t be in doubt Wednesday morning.  I don’t think he’ll be able to make the play people are thinking he will try.

15 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I agree with Tim that it’s going to be a blowout and the result won’t be in doubt Wednesday morning.  I don’t think he’ll be able to make the play people are thinking he will try.

From your lips to Gods ears, but I’m not seeing it.  Think it’s going to be close and it’s going to be a #### show.  It’s is 2020 after all.  

8 minutes ago, moleculo said:
On 5/10/2020 at 6:48 PM, moleculo said:

Is there any news here?  What's going on?

Still...any news here?  34 pages in and I still can't figure out what team Trump is talking about.

The big reveal is that Hillary Clinton approved of a campaign strategy which would link Trump to Russian meddling.

It kind of seems like something that we already knew, but I'm willing to listen if there's any "there" there.

I mean, it's it a bit like saying "Donald Trump approved of a plan to chant 'LOCK HER UP'." Um....okay? So what? What's the crime?

• Thinking 1

Every single thing that was leaked, claimed or implied for years here regarding the Russia investigation was met with pages of "ah ha!" " we got 'em now" "this is it!"  but now when a handwritten note from John Brennan seems to show that this might all have been an orchestrated plan all along to create a scandal where there wasn't one to draw attention away from Hillary's emails and attempt to bring down Trump, those that defended Trump the whole time are expected to ignore it and not give it any credence. I could understand if this board took a wait and see attitude all these years and objectively examined the evidence before forming a conclusion but even the most virulent  anti-Trumper has to admit that they got duped once or twice during this whole thing and were convinced of a smoking gun.

I'm not saying this proves anything but it's just hilarious that now Trump supporters have to wait for more before claiming this is positive news that supports what they have believed this whole time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, jamny said:

Every single thing that was leaked, claimed or implied for years here regarding the Russia investigation was met with pages of "ah ha!" " we got 'em now" "this is it!"  but now when a handwritten note from John Brennan seems to show that this might all have been an orchestrated plan all along to create a scandal where there wasn't one to draw attention away from Hillary's emails and attempt to bring down Trump, those that defended Trump the whole time are expected to ignore it and not give it any credence. I could understand if this board took a wait and see attitude all these years and objectively examined the evidence before forming a conclusion but even the most virulent  anti-Trumper has to admit that they got duped once or twice during this whole thing and were convinced of a smoking gun.

I'm not saying this proves anything but it's just hilarious that now Trump supporters have to wait for more before claiming this is positive news that supports what they have believed this whole time.

The only thing that was "orchestrated" was what Hillary was into...and you know how much of it she used during her campaign?  Zero.  But we already knew the origins of the dossier.  The investigation and Mueller were not because of the dossier or HIllary...so to claim it was "all" an orchestrated plan completely ignores so many things.

Its positive...but again its not anything really all that knew that we didn't know and doesn't invalidate everything else that happened at all.  saying so ignores even what the context of Brennan's partial notes are.  And is there are reason only bits and pieces get released...vs the entire background of documents regarding the investigation that are still classified?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
1 hour ago, Ramblin Wreck said:
9 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Something big coming this week

Finally got something with the Russia stuff?

Even better. Ukrainian witnesses are cooperating in the Biden investigation.

13 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

I’d love to spend the next four weeks in the woods and emerge on Election Day.  Everything about this is going to be insufferable for the next month.

You think it's going to get better after election day??

1 hour ago, jamny said:

you know that didn't happen, right?  I mean it did, but it was usually Trump guys being sarcastic.  Generally speaking, the tone was "He should go down for this, but not under his DoJ or Republican Senate" which is exactly what happened.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2
8 minutes ago, moleculo said:

you know that didn't happen, right?  I mean it did, but it was usually Trump guys being sarcastic.  Generally speaking, the tone was "He should go down for this, but not under his DoJ or Republican Senate" which is exactly what happened.

Oh, c'mon! ...lmao

You can't be serious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jamny said:

Great post, the double standard in here is quite amazing isn't it? If we had a nickel for every time the bolded happened!!!!😂

• Like 5
51 minutes ago, jamny said:

Oh, c'mon! ...lmao

You can't be serious.

this section of the Russia thread seems relevant - in Feb 2018 you made the same exclamation and it was pointed out to you that "We Got Him!" was posted ironically.  Note especially Mauriles quote at the bottom.

Jamny:

I don't read all the pages in this thread because it moves too fast at times but how did Trump supporters get the label of yelling "This is the end!" when I've seen plenty of evidence of the other side claiming "We Got Him!" and posting that John Oliver video over and over?

Ruffrodys

Trump supporters got that label because there were actual posters who repeated that claim. The other claim you make is completely false. I have read every page and not once was it posted that "We got him!" What does John Oliver have to do with anything other than naming the actions of this administration "Stupid Watergate?"

Joe Summer:

Probably because the John Oliver clip is an ironic comedy sketch.

jamny:

I've seen quite a few times, after some new event, where people claimed "This is it, we got him!" and a few times posted the John Oliver video with the band playing for emphasis. In fact, the most recent time, someone replied saying something like..."I was just going to post that video!"

No big deal. Like I said, I hadn't seen Trump supporters saying that it was over like HF posted above. Carry on.

Maurile Tremblay

John Oliver's "We got him!" is intentionally ironic. He does it when Trump is caught red-handed doing something that would be a huge deal with any other President (e.g., admitting to Lester Holt that he fired Comey to impede the investigation) but doesn't matter with Trump because nothing matters anymore.

• Like 3
Just now, moleculo said:

this section of the Russia thread seems relevant - in Feb 2018 you made the same exclamation and it was pointed out to you that "We Got Him!" was posted ironically.  Note especially Mauriles quote at the bottom.

Jamny:

Ruffrodys

Joe Summer:

jamny:

Maurile Tremblay

Exactly...

1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

Great post, the double standard in here is quite amazing isn't it? If we had a nickel for every time the bolded happened!!!!😂

Are you counting the ironic John Oliver clip, posted because we all know Barr/McConnell would protect the president?  Or are you counting every time trump supporters popped in to mock?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
6 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Jamny:

Ruffrodys

Joe Summer:

jamny:

Maurile Tremblay

That was about that video. 

Nice try though.

2 minutes ago, jamny said:

That was about that video. 

Nice try though.

all right then.  Can you find a ton of other posts in that thread with anti-trumpers celebrating early, with full certainty that he  was going on?  I mean, you said there are "pages of "ah ha!" " we got 'em now" "this is it!" 

• Like 1

all right then.  Can you find a ton of other posts in that thread with anti-trumpers celebrating early, with full certainty that he  was going on?  I mean, you said there are "pages of "ah ha!" " we got 'em now" "this is it!" 

Nah, that's ok. I'm not going through a 2000+ page thread to try and prove a point. Believe what you want.

eta: I'm busy trying to get a new dishwasher that just crapped out...lol

Edited by jamny
  • Thanks 1

Not only that...the claim was everything leaked was met with that.  The prevailing opinion was always it should be enough to sink anyone, but wouldn’t.

28 minutes ago, jamny said:

Nah, that's ok. I'm not going through a 2000+ page thread to try and prove a point. Believe what you want.

good luck with that. I bought a dishwasher in May - still hasn't been delivered.  Been washing dishes by hand since then.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, moleculo said:

good luck with that. I bought a dishwasher in May - still hasn't been delivered.  Been washing dishes by hand since then.

Thankfully, since we're selling our house in the spring, I'll take anything that works until then. Don't need to be picky.

Ice machine in our fridge yesterday and this today. 

6 hours ago, jamny said:

I've gotten so sick of this story and the back and forth for years now.  It's tiresome.  I think I've commented on it very sparsely as I really haven't read much or followed it much.  I've always maintained that Trump isn't smart enough to orchestrate something like this and that it would have gotten out.  He'd also do it in a heartbeat if he could.  On either side I don't want to hear that something "might" prove anything.  Find something that is conclusive proof at this point or just drop it.

I will say that I'm biased at this point - there's almost nothing in this story that could come out that would convince me to not vote for Biden.

Edited by AAABatteries
5 minutes ago, massraider said:

JUST IN: A federal judge, who has been sharply critical of Barr and DOJ, is asking the department to determine whether Trump’s recent tweet ordering blanket declassification of Russia docs, means the full Mueller report is now declassified. https://t.co/7P0ffazfxI

Hey oh....

Well no, not that stuff.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
On 10/8/2020 at 11:29 AM, jamny said:

pro-tip: when you realize you were mistaken and want to back out of a convo, just do it.  the "i gotta go fix my dishwasher" thing makes it worse 100% of the time

• Laughing 2
18 minutes ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

pro-tip: when you realize you were mistaken and want to back out of a convo, just do it.  the "i gotta go fix my dishwasher" thing makes it worse 100% of the time

I wasn't mistaken.

I wasn't backing out.

I did have to look into a new dishwasher. Being installed tomorrow btw!

Thanks for the tip, pro.

8 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Why not put in the dishwasher too? Replacing an existing dishwasher is a piece of cake.

$150 for them to deliver, replace and take the old one away. Works for me.

• Like 1
On 10/8/2020 at 11:58 AM, moleculo said:

Update:  my dishwasher is supposed to be here in November. :headbang:

19 minutes ago, jamny said:

Mine was installed yesterday. :D

You must be getting a Bosch.

Yup.  Had no idea things would take this long.  The guys a Lowes scheduled us that weekend only to push it back every couple of weeks.

Getting so tired of washing dishes by hand 2 or 3 times a day, all summer.

1 hour ago, moleculo said:

Yup.  Had no idea things would take this long.  The guys a Lowes scheduled us that weekend only to push it back every couple of weeks.

Getting so tired of washing dishes by hand 2 or 3 times a day, all summer.

Bought an old house on the lake and need to get the addition done before the kitchen remodel can start.   Going on hand washing for almost two years now.  Almost forgot what life was like with a dishwasher.  One plus of home schooling every other day is that I've substituted a recess with a "choirs" class.