What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many TVs are in your house? (1 Viewer)

Number of TVs in your house

• Total voters

AAABatteries

Footballguy
We moved in to a new house recently and bought a new TV.  There's 6 of us in the house - family room has the big TV, my wife insisted on a new TV for the living room and then we have one and my oldest daughter has one.  For now, we have 4 TVs.  As we've setup the space my wife mentioned adding one to a room she has as her craft area.  And I've been thinking about an outdoor TV under our deck on the patio.  6 TVs sounds like a lot and I assume would make me a baller.  :mellow:    

So, how many TVs do you guys have?  Since we are FBGs I went a little higher on the selection than I would for the commoners.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 TV's.. Only two of us living here..
1 in the living room, 1 in the bedroom, 1 in the "Man Cave" & 1 in our 2nd garage that I use as a Work Shop.

Have plans to screen in our front porch, at which time we'll add a 5th :lol:  

We have two, one in the family room and one in the bedroom.  If it was up to me we'd get rid of the one in the bedroom.  But we have two iPads, three Kindles, four laptops, four iPhones,, etc.  Tons of screen time in our house, just not necessarily on TVs.  

The kid's bedrooms are upstairs.  There's 1 TV in the loft area/hall between bedrooms for them.  There's 1 TV in our family room area where we spend most of our time.  There's 1 TV downstairs in our basement in the main area.  We also have 1 TV outside in our patio area (it's covered).  No TVs in any bedrooms.

Five.

1. Living room

2. Garage 

3. Basement - for kids XBox

4. Master bedroom

5. Traveling TV. This one goes out back on the patio when I want to watch sports out there. I also use this in the garage or family room to double down when there are two sporting events on at the same time I want to watch. 

42” in living room

51” in basement (might be 50” I don’t remember)

small TV in bedroom (not sure on size maybe 27”)

will probably get my oldest one for his room soon, I think I will leave cable off this one and just let him hook his switch to if and have Netflix, etc

3 kids - all with a TV in their room.

Master bedroom.

Living Room

Basement (Mine for my xbox)

Basement (home office setup)

I guess 8 if you count the 65" sitting in my garage which was subject to a remote strike when my kid jumped on a freaking bean bag last year and shot the remote into the center of the panel. 

1. Family Room
  2. Office
  3. Kitchen
  4. Master bedroom
  5. Upstairs loft
  6. Bedroom #2
  7. Bedroom #3
  8. Basement (workout area)

We have 4:

1. One in Living/Great Room
  2. Two in Den/Man Cave (great for keeping peace.  I can have a game on one tv muted and wife/kids can watch whatever on the other one.  Everyone happy and together).
  3. One in Guest Bedroom (not hooked up as it was a spare from when I replaced the two in the Den not too long ago).

No TV's in any of the main bedrooms.

Living room downstairs

Living room upstairs

Our bedroom

Oldest kids bedroom

But when you think about it, with computers, tablets and phones showing Netflix and other streaming services, we have like 25. 

1. Family Room
  2. Office
  3. Master bedroom
  4. 11 yo son's bedroom (16yo and 7 yo don't have TVs in their rooms)
  5. Basement (main room)
  6. Basement (play room)
  7. Basement (workout room)

Six.

One in the living room.  One on our four season porch.  One in our bedroom.  Three in our "family room" ie, mancave.  Three TVs, three leather recliners, three XB1s, one PS4, one PS3.

55" LG that is 5-6 years old

39" Sylvania in the gaming room that is 8-9 years old

We are due for a new tv one of these years.

Voted 2 but I forgot that I added one in the kitchen when I remodeled it.

So, 3; 1 in living room, 1 in kitchen, 1 in living room of in-law apartment. 

Living room downstairs

Living room upstairs

Our bedroom

Oldest kids bedroom

But when you think about it, with computers, tablets and phones showing Netflix and other streaming services, we have like 25. 
Great point - my kids seems to prefer watching their devices instead of the TV.  I don’t get it.

2 - basement and our bedroom. Will likely get a 3rd one sometime in the near future that's portable but also of decent size, primarily for outdoors viewing but it'll get kitchen and garage use too. Been delaying it like many other wants because our youngest is a maniac that will damage it within days of acquisition. We don't want one in the kids rooms nor our family/dining room, so 3 will be it. I used to have dreams of a multi-TV setup in the basement, but with the development of streaming I'm thinking just keeping the one will be best. If I really want to watch 2 games I'll just have the secondary one streaming on another device, but I rarely want to watch more than one at a time outside of March Madness. And if we have friends over and want 2 on we have that portable TV to use too.

3 - Family room, basement, Master bedroom

Use the family room set when watching things together as a family or for most sports when they used to be on.  The basement set gets used primarily for the kids' Xbox.  If we have something to view on a disc, we also watch it through the Xbox.  Wife uses the one in the bedroom to watch stuff before going to sleep or when she doesn't like what I am watching on the family room set.  Each kid has a chromebook (school issued) and smartphone.  They usually watch stuff on their devices when they want to watch something.

We have two, one in the family room and one in the bedroom.  If it was up to me we'd get rid of the one in the bedroom.  But we have two iPads, three Kindles, four laptops, four iPhones,, etc.  Tons of screen time in our house, just not necessarily on TVs.  
Same here. Only two TVs, but lots of handheld devices which create a lot of screen time. 

Family of 4 - I guess I sort of have 6...but one is temporary for outdoors. 

49" in the master bedroom

55" in the living room

72" in the basement

120" projector in the basement.

42" in the guest bedroom (only Netflix)

145" projector for outdoor movie nights.

3 total. One in living room that has Apple TV, PS4, DVD player, antenna in the attic for local stations. One in son's room that he has Xbox and Gamecube connected. One in daughter's room that has Netflix enabled DVD player. 

No TV in the master bedroom. That room is for two things only. 

Den, my office, my bedroom, 1 on each of 2 kid's bedrooms and one for outside on the deck 

55" LG that is 5-6 years old

39" Sylvania in the gaming room that is 8-9 years old

We are due for a new tv one of these years.
🤷‍♂️ Our main TV was bought for Christmas 2015, upstairs was bought in 2010. Bedroom's is smaller, bought around 15, the one in the oldest kids room might be older than they are. 

I honestly don't care if we ever buy a new TV. Maybe a projector for outside would be nice.

Just 2 of us in the house.  5 active TVs and probably another 3 laying around in a spare room.

Three, but only 2 get used. One in the office and one in the living room, sort of a his/hers setup. The office is ~ 7 year old 60 inch Panasonic plasma that runs pretty hot but football looks great on it. Living room is some 65 inch Samsung LCD that is ~4 years old. 

Lorraine Baines: Our first television set. Dad just bought it today. Do you have a television set?

Marty McFly: Well, yeah! You know we have... two of them.

Milton Baines: Wow! You must be rich!

Stella Baines: Oh, honey, he's teasing you. Nobody has two television sets.

5 for 5 of us.  

My dad has one downstairs where he is, there is also an extra tv down there.  2 in the living room (one for gaming, one for TV), and one in our bedroom.  

Man don't *I* feel like a loser today.

Two.

One in the living room and one in my office/den.
I voted 3, but it's really 2 since the one in our bedroom hasn't been turned on in forever.

1 in family room
1 in basement for xbox

Kids can get their own TVs in their bedrooms when they move out.

🤷‍♂️ Our main TV was bought for Christmas 2015, upstairs was bought in 2010. Bedroom's is smaller, bought around 15, the one in the oldest kids room might be older than they are. 

I honestly don't care if we ever buy a new TV. Maybe a projector for outside would be nice.
Our main one is a college graduation 53"er I gifted to myself in 2006. When it goes we'll replace it, but I have no itch to do it until she croaks.

Projector in basement

Family Room

Bedroom

Spare bed room

Son's old room he moved out. Still have a tv.

So 5. 3 people live here

Edit: used to have one in basement office but don't use it anymore. Cable is still there.  You could add a tv because I split my projector to 2 screens a lot :)

Users who are viewing this thread