Wilfred

Edited by Mjolnirs
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t post much here anymore, but we are alive, our home is standing, we still have power, and our neighbors are safe.     Going to go assist the Cajun Navy through the weekend. There are goi

You would think that any normal person who just survived a Category 4 Hurricane in the midst of the worst global pandemic of the last 100 years would feel somewhat invincible right now (especially sin

Power came back on last night.  In Rita in 2005, I was one of the last to get power on day 19 after the storm.  This time, for Laura, I am one of the first to get power back on at day 12.

Way too early

The news tonight said this has a 70% chance of developing, but it is headed out to sea.

50 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

You were there for Hugo, right? I went down two weeks after to volunteer (was stationer there ‘84-‘87.)

I was indeed.

10 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Officially official 

@NHC_Atlantic: Tropical Storm #Bertha has formed near the coast of South Carolina this morning. Heavy rainfall will be the biggest threat, along with tropical storm force winds along portions of the South Carolina coast http://hurricanes.gov https://twitter.com/NHC_Atlantic/status/1265617279091261442/photo/1

Just saw this.  At least it will be quick.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

That's wild that multiple models have it taking a counter clockwise loop, almost 360, back over the Yucatan.

My in-laws have been in Cancun through this whole shutdown thing. They fly home tomorrow. Seems like just in time, the weather there is really bad they said already.

2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

My in-laws have been in Cancun through this whole shutdown thing. They fly home tomorrow. Seems like just in time, the weather there is really bad they said already.

Here's wishing them safe travels.

On 6/6/2020 at 8:55 AM, gump said:

Getting some much needed rain here in Tampa...

It’s been a monsoon here in Riverview. Getting a break right now from rain, but I can literally hear my grass growing at an alarming rate. 

4 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

It’s been a monsoon here in Riverview. Getting a break right now from rain, but I can literally hear my grass growing at an alarming rate. 

I just put in new sod! :excited:

• Like 1

Edouard

The earliest 'E' Atlantic storm.

Tropical storm Gonzalo expected to form in the Atlantic

The National Hurricane Center said Tuesday that the formation of Tropical Storm Gonzalo is nearly inevitable, giving the system a 90 percent chance of reaching tropical storm strength within the next 48 hours.

The system does not pose an immediate threat to Florida, according to a 5 p.m. update from the hurricane center, but has the potential to set a record as the earliest seventh named storm in an Atlantic hurricane season. The current record was set by Tropical Storm Gert on July 24, 2005.

19 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Weather patterns have been bizarro all summer here in FL imo. Hoping this aids in all of these named storms just going away as soon as they form.

Surely the Atlantic and Gulf are cooler than normal, at least around Florida?

13 hours ago, gump said:

Surely the Atlantic and Gulf are cooler than normal, at least around Florida?

I may have heard wrong, but I swear the news at noon said the water temp at the beach was 89. 

Why not use Levi's site for the top link?  It's far more informative:

Un-named storms are like below

https://tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/#92L

Edit, this doesn't change once it gets it's initial naming convention.  So you would have to manage that, unfortunately. 

Edited by culdeus
On 7/26/2020 at 9:26 PM, culdeus said:

Why not use Levi's site for the top link?  It's far more informative:

Un-named storms are like below

https://tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/#92L

Edit, this doesn't change once it gets it's initial naming convention.  So you would have to manage that, unfortunately. 

I'll look at it.

A little more of western track this morning.

• Sad 1