What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Thread - Iota (2 Viewers)

Mjolnirs

Footballguy
Arthur                      Alpha
Bertha                      Beta
Cristobal                  Gamma
Dolly                         Delta
Edouard                   Epsilon
Fay                            Zeta
Gonzalo                    Eta
Hanna                       Theta
Isaias                        Iota
Josephine                Kappa
Kyle
Laura
Marco
Nana
Omar
Paulette
Rene
Sally
Teddy
Vicky
Wilfred

Last edited by a moderator:
You were there for Hugo, right? I went down two weeks after to volunteer (was stationer there ‘84-‘87.)
I was indeed.

Officially official 

@NHC_Atlantic: Tropical Storm #Bertha has formed near the coast of South Carolina this morning. Heavy rainfall will be the biggest threat, along with tropical storm force winds along portions of the South Carolina coast http://hurricanes.gov https://twitter.com/NHC_Atlantic/status/1265617279091261442/photo/1
Just saw this.  At least it will be quick.

That's wild that multiple models have it taking a counter clockwise loop, almost 360, back over the Yucatan.
My in-laws have been in Cancun through this whole shutdown thing. They fly home tomorrow. Seems like just in time, the weather there is really bad they said already.

Looking at the radar, not a good day to be on I75 IN FL from Tampa to the GA state line. Multiple tornado reports for North and Central Florida. 

@WeatherLauren: #Cristobal has made landfall in southeast Louisiana between the mouth of the Mississippi River and Grand Isle. #FCNStorm @FCN2go

Today has been awesome.  Temps about 10 degrees cooler than normal, sweeping overcast but no precipitation, lots of 15-20 mph winds.  I'm living on that fine line.

Tropical Storm Fay

3-5 inches of rain with 8 in isolated areas along the track (mid-atlantic states into southeast NY and southern NE)

TS conditions expected along portions of the mid-atlantic and northeast coast Friday and Friday Night.

Tropical storm Gonzalo expected to form in the Atlantic

The National Hurricane Center said Tuesday that the formation of Tropical Storm Gonzalo is nearly inevitable, giving the system a 90 percent chance of reaching tropical storm strength within the next 48 hours.

The system does not pose an immediate threat to Florida, according to a 5 p.m. update from the hurricane center, but has the potential to set a record as the earliest seventh named storm in an Atlantic hurricane season. The current record was set by Tropical Storm Gert on July 24, 2005.

Weather patterns have been bizarro all summer here in FL imo. Hoping this aids in all of these named storms just going away as soon as they form.

Weather patterns have been bizarro all summer here in FL imo. Hoping this aids in all of these named storms just going away as soon as they form.
Surely the Atlantic and Gulf are cooler than normal, at least around Florida?

gump said:
Surely the Atlantic and Gulf are cooler than normal, at least around Florida?
I may have heard wrong, but I swear the news at noon said the water temp at the beach was 89. 

Why not use Levi's site for the top link?  It's far more informative:

Un-named storms are like below

https://tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/#92L

Edit, this doesn't change once it gets it's initial naming convention.  So you would have to manage that, unfortunately. 

Users who are viewing this thread