Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Thread - Iota

57 minutes ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

Good grief. Sudden ramp up to Cat-2 as it nears the coast. :wall: Stay safe, south LA peeps!! 

Still got power in the NOLA burbs. Wind is still breezy, not yet feeling like a tropical system.

• Like 1
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t post much here anymore, but we are alive, our home is standing, we still have power, and our neighbors are safe.     Going to go assist the Cajun Navy through the weekend. There are goi

You would think that any normal person who just survived a Category 4 Hurricane in the midst of the worst global pandemic of the last 100 years would feel somewhat invincible right now (especially sin

Power came back on last night.  In Rita in 2005, I was one of the last to get power on day 19 after the storm.  This time, for Laura, I am one of the first to get power back on at day 12.

You were actually correct — it shouldn’t have gotten this strong. Things are different now. A lot of what I learned about hurricanes growing up here in the 1970s-80s is becoming obsolete.

Lost power about 20 minutes ago.

Also just found out that the restaurant my brother works at us staying open during the hurricane.They’re in suburban New Orleans, too.

1 hour ago, Senor Schmutzig said:

😳

Could be a Cat. 5 right now. Hurricane hunters heading back in after having to scrap last 2 flights due to mechanicals. No good data since this morning.

Doesn't look like it makes it to 5.  Possible it was there earlier and they missed it. 

1 hour ago, Osaurus said:

Windy af in Tampa overnight, but the fun is still on its way. Hoping for more shearing, but we’ll deal with it regardless. 

Eta has had the drunkest track I can ever recall. 

Be safe, my friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Eta has had the drunkest track I can ever recall. 

Truth

2 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Windy af in Tampa overnight, but the fun is still on its way. Hoping for more shearing, but we’ll deal with it regardless. 

There has been 30+ hours of 35 mph winds with gusts to 50 in SE Florida. Power outages are in the 10s of thousands, which is low. Most places received 7+ inches of rain, and many over 10 inches, especially in Broward. Water was knee deep in Miami's financial district in Brickell avenue, as newly installed pumps couldn't keep up. It will be a bumper day for tow trucks.

Edited by SoBeDad
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, Mjolnirs said:

Iota could become the next Eta, although:

>>“There are no computer model forecasts for the disturbance in the Caribbean that turn it north like Eta did, but it’s going to be moving slowly through the Caribbean and the slow moving systems in those waters are always something we need to keep an eye on.”<<

9 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

Iota could become the next Eta, although:

>>“There are no computer model forecasts for the disturbance in the Caribbean that turn it north like Eta did, but it’s going to be moving slowly through the Caribbean and the slow moving systems in those waters are always something we need to keep an eye on.”<<

:loco:

11 hours ago, JaxBill said:

@ChrisSuchanWOAI: I really don't have the words.   Hurricane Iota coming into Nicaragua in nearly the exact same spot as Hurricane Eta which hit 2 weeks ago.  Eta was strong cat 4, Iota is a cat 5 hurricane #Iota #Nicaragua https://twitter.com/ChrisSuchanWOAI/status/1328507085013872641/video/1

Tbh isn't this sort of better?  Doesn't spread the destruction further out?