What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baked potato (1 Viewer)

You eat the skin?

• Can I get a Hell Yeah

Votes: 156 88.6%
  • R U Serious? It's gross

Votes: 20 11.4%

• Total voters
Baked potato’s are terribly overrated.  You basically have to smother it in butter and salt just to make it palatable and then add some cheese and sour cream and bacon and chives to actually make it good, making sure to save enough of the good stuff for every bite 

having said that the skin is the best part, so if you are going to power through that tasteless starch ball you might as well reward yourself at the end

Baked potato’s are terribly overrated.  You basically have to smother it in butter and salt just to make it palatable and then add some cheese and sour cream and bacon and chives to actually make it good, making sure to save enough of the good stuff for every bite 

having said that the skin is the best part, so if you are going to power through that tasteless starch ball you might as well reward yourself at the end
Baked potatoes are are the low man on the totem pole of potato dishes. Now if it's a twice baked potato we we're talking about... 

Nah.  I nuke my potatoes.   They take to long to cook in an oven.    I don't get much out of it taste wise and I don't really care to scrub it down (potatoes are pretty high up there on lists with most pesticides) so I nuke it with the skin on and then peal it off.   These are yukon golds I'm talking about which are far superior to russets (your typical baked potato potato).  

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course but if you make at home you have to wash with a potato scrubber or else you're eating dirt.
A decent wash should knock off any large clumps of dirt, and cooking it means any germs get killed. Honestly, I taste more dirt whenever I have beets. Awful stuff.

I could until I turned 50 and now my colon can’t handle stuff like this because apparently potato skins and apple skins and lettuce and all kinds of things that you wouldn’t think of like seeds and nuts and pork and delicious fat and popcorn and salsa and anything spicy plus not to mention beans and ribs and soda and booze and all the good things turn my intestines and colon into a water slide that was positioned over a rocky mountaintop and you can take all this bullcrap to the bank of bull caca bronachos which i can’t eat those either just shoot me now

A decent wash should knock off any large clumps of dirt, and cooking it means any germs get killed. Honestly, I taste more dirt whenever I have beets. Awful stuff.
They just taste like straight dirt. Horrible, vile things. One of a few foods I absolutely hate

I used to just give them a rinse and a hand scrub. Then I got the potato scrubber and those suckers didn't even look like what I was used to eating. The difference in appearance (and taste) between just rinse/hand rub and potato scrubber was eye popping. And it's not just dirt on those tubers, it's animal and human feces. Both kinds together.

I used to just give them a rinse and a hand scrub. Then I got the potato scrubber and those suckers didn't even look like what I was used to eating. The difference in appearance (and taste) between just rinse/hand rub and potato scrubber was eye popping. And it's not just dirt on those tubers, it's animal and human feces. Both kinds together.
If your potatoes are growing in human feces, there is a whole list of questions I'd have for that farmer.

I can eat a leftover potato right out of the fridge with nothing on it, skin and all.

Nah.  I nuke my potatoes.   They take to long to cook in an oven.    I don't get much out of it taste wise and I don't really care to scrub it down (potatoes are pretty high up there on lists with most pesticides) so I nuke it with the skin on and then peal it off.   These are yukon golds I'm talking about which are far superior to russets (your typical baked potato potato).  
I nuke mine as well, I still consider it a baked potato. 

Baked potatoes are a delivery mechanism for salt, butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon, chives. The skin helps hold it all in. Love baked potatoes. 

I think you may have slightly bad taste.  Russet skins are gross.  White potatoes are wonderful.
We really should have clarified this in the poll. The type of potato could make huge changes in the numbers. I assumed we were talkin russets

I gotta say, I'm surprised. I thought I was rare to eat the whole thing :hifive:

When at home I don't always, I try too all the time but sometimes it just gets overcooked or hardened a little

A genuinely awful food. Pretty much the lowest good taste to work required ratio of any food on the planet.

By themselves, a regular old baked potato tastes awful. And if you're just looking to eat butter/sour cream/bacon bits or whatever other actually decent tasting good you''re using the potato as a vehicle for, there are ALWAYS better options.

If I'm served one, I'll usually just eat  the skin because doing so is less annoying than having to spend 2 minutes extracting the "good part"

Last edited by a moderator:
Kal El said:
If your potatoes are growing in human feces, there is a whole list of questions I'd have for that farmer.
He has been watching too much of a certain sci-fi movie about an alien planet

TLEF316 said:
And if you're just looking to eat butter/sour cream/bacon bits or whatever other actually decent tasting good you''re using the potato as a vehicle for, there are ALWAYS better options.
I agree that a potato is generally a vehicle. But there isn't a much better one for your combo of add-ons

don’t eat the skin, but potatoes need so much help before I can eat them, it can’t be much worse.

I've always punched a few holes in the 🥔 with a fork before throwing it in the oven....is that necessary? Does it help in any way?

Users who are viewing this thread