What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you the most successful person with your name? (1 Viewer)

Are you the most successful person with your name?

• Total voters

AAABatteries

Footballguy
To your knowledge, are you the most successful person with your name?  Success basically meaning someone that is either a celebrity, known public figure or rich.

My vote is no - I share the same name as a state senator.  He’s definitely more known than I am.

Based on a Google search, yes I am. I am the first several hits and there is very little else that matches directly. During the brief period that I had to use Facebook for grad school, I was contacted by someone who mistook me for a person with the same name. They were profanity laced messages with terrible spelling and grammar accusing me of abandoning my grandkids. It took several messages before the person could understand that I was not living in the Philippines and at age 30 had not yet become a grandfather. 

Both my first name and last name are very common, so no. I can think of somewhat famous people off the top of my head that are more successful, don't even need to google. Good luck finding me with google without more search terms. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a guy with my name serving time in Indiana for the manslaughter death of his infant daughter in 1999.  Creeped me out when I saw a news article about him.  It's not a very common name.

No I share the name of an actor who played in Z Lord of the Rings and other major movies. Thought not a common name.

First name = pretty common

Last name = not common at all

Namesake = met him once 25 years ago, great guy and very well regarded in AU. 

Easy question since my first name (ahem) is not terribly common, and my last name is very unusual.  I'd expect I'm both the most successful and the last successful.
Your first name, and about a dozen variants, was super common when I was a kid. Right there with Jennifer.

Those are the direct variants. I also was referring to the related names, e.g. Kirsten, Kristin, etc.
I don’t understand the point.  The question was about our actual names.  My first name is not common.  If you google my name you’re not coming up with these others, and adding a bunch of unrelated names doesn’t make any sense.  These are not nicknames or variants.  Good lord.  People here will decide to argue about anything.  What a stupid thread this is now going to be that I’ll have to avoid.  Wish I could un-blackdot.

My first name is very common.  I've never met or heard of anyone other than a relative of mine with my last name (spelled the same way), including via google.  My paternal uncle has my same name.  So, I guess it depends upon how you define success.  I voted yes.  My uncle might disagree.  

I don’t understand the point.  The question was about our actual names.  My first name is not common.  If you google my name you’re not coming up with these others, and adding a bunch of unrelated names doesn’t make any sense.  These are not nicknames or variants.  Good lord.  People here will decide to argue about anything.  What a stupid thread this is now going to be that I’ll have to avoid.  Wish I could un-blackdot.
I wasn’t trying to start a fight. I promise.

i knew a handful of Kristas growing up and a bunch of the others.

i certainly didn’t think that would be upsetting. 

Yes.

Only one other person in the world with my name that I've ever found.  He graduated HS last year in some small town in OK and I'm pretty sure he has recently fathered a kid and is not in college. 

GL, Jayrod #2.

There’s only one guy with my name and he seems to have had a decorated military career and now is a contractor. He probably makes pretty good money. I make pretty good money. I dominate a google search with the first six hits. He has one link on each of the first three pages. So maybe I’m winning, but it’s probably close.

Easy question since my first name (ahem) is not terribly common, and my last name is very unusual.  I'd expect I'm both the most successful and the last successful.
Dated someone with your first name and I can say you’re the most successful person I know with that name. 

I found a reverend in CA with my name, but I think I win, because I once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express

I’m more successful financially, at least, than my dad and grandfather. I don’t think anyone else shares my name as the last name is very uncommon. My first name is fairly common in the ethnicity it comes from.

there is a country singer with my name, and he seems to do quite well so no.  Platinum record, had the#1 songs on the charts. Inducted in the Grand Ole Opry.

What's annoying is that my name is just a stage name for him - that's not his birth name. 

Mine is a pretty uncommon last name. I found 1 other with my exact name and he is a Neurologist at Walter Reed and a former college cyclist, so I guess he wins. Although I dominate the search rankings—8 results to his 2 on page 1...so suck it! 

This tread/search did prompt me to reach out to him on Linkedin and see where the family connection might be. 

Just google searching my last name, I dont have a shot. Seems there are 2 brothers drafted in the MLB with 7 full pages of results before my 1st. 

Feh, I'm easily thee most famous person with my hyphenated name.

Sincerely signed,

Jesus/Budda/Muhammad/Elvis/Marilyn/Adolph/Crazy-Horse/Mao/Mahatma/Martin-Luther/Saddam/HonestAbe/John/Paul/George and Ringo

I haven't been able to find evidence of anybody with the same name. My first name is pretty common, but my last name is not (particularly the spelling of it).  My last name is Van ____, with a small Dutch village intended to be the blank, but my last name is a misspelling of the town.

I'm not sure about the most successful but the least successful did a suicide by cop late last year.  Googling my name ain't like it use to be.

Didn't even need to Google to vote no. Share my name with the president of a tire company and the lead guitarist of a band that was pretty big from 77-84.

You don’t have to tell us your name but list some of the famous people above you.
Off the top of my head, some professional athletes (not necessarily modern era)  and some actor who is not a super star, but is someone who almost everyone would know from something and be "hey, its that guy". 

I still curse my parents daily for naming me Cher. 
That is a tough one to top regardless of last name but it's never too late. There's still time to record some best selling songs, have a hit TV show and transition to starring in movies. Maybe even marry a future Congressman. 

I was recently in some major news publications (although the associated substance material is maybe not what one wants to be well known for) so I thought I had a shot. But, there is a lesser known actor with my name that beats me on google rankings. Really not sure how to measure who is more successful there. 

However, I think we’ve both been past by a guy made famous by The Last Dance (although he goes with two first names). 

Users who are viewing this thread