What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

controversial movie takes you have (1 Viewer)

Blair Witch Project was the perfect example of a garbage movie that was blessed with expert marketing. 

The Shape of Water  was grossly over-rated.  Basically a non-animated parallel story to Beauty and the Beast.  

This one will probably discredit everything that I've ever posted on these boards--but I actually have enjoyed a few Nicholas Cage movies 

Dumb and Dumber, the Adam Sandler movies, Tommy Boy, etc. - the main theme of these movies is to create a character who is abnormally stupid, even mentally handicapped or with some other cognitive disability, so viewers can enjoy laughing at how stupid they are.  Yes, the standard trope has some condescending redeeming event in the end.  I'm not on a soapbox about this, but can say I've never watched any of these movies.  Just based on trailers and clips, I have no desire. Not funny, not entertaining for me in the least.

Generally like Tarantino movies but feel like the Kill Bill movies suck. Just don't do it for me at all. 
I don't really like any of the Tarantino movies.  I just am not entertained by them.  Don't seem like they are worth my time.  I have tried but there hasn't been any that I like.  Some I can tolerate but don't like any of them.

Dumb and Dumber, the Adam Sandler movies, Tommy Boy, etc. - the main theme of these movies is to create a character who is abnormally stupid, even mentally handicapped or with some other cognitive disability, so viewers can enjoy laughing at how stupid they are.  Yes, the standard trope has some condescending redeeming event in the end.  I'm not on a soapbox about this, but can say I've never watched any of these movies.  Just based on trailers and clips, I have no desire. Not funny, not entertaining for me in the least.
I, on the other hand, love seeing people dumber than me. 

Hated ET and still do.

Hated Harry Potter and still do.  

Refuse to see Thema and Louise.

Despise vast majority of comic book movies being crapped out every year.
I've never seen or read anything in regards to Harry Potter and so many of my friends and acquaintances seemed beyond shocked by that.  Your post makes me feel slightly better about not allocating them any time or energy. 

Not a fan of Chris Farley.  Movies like Tommy Boy are decent but that is somewhat in spite of his over the top antics.  He could have toned it down and it would have been much better.  Not a fan of the screaming, over the top aspects.

I watched Wonder Woman (with Gail Gadot) with my daughter on advice that this would be the perfect super hero movie for us to watch together.  

It was head-spinningly stupid and emboldens my resolve to never watch another action/comic/superhero/whatever movie again.  One and only.  Never again.  Awful.

The Godfather is the most overrated film of all time.

Superhero movies largely suck and have contributed to the degradation of modern film originality and artistry.

Rogue One is the second best Star Wars film after only the Empire Strikes Back.

Television/miniseries have now surpassed feature films as the highest quality product in visual entertainment.

Last edited by a moderator:
You just described the entirety of my FBG posting career.

Also, Black Swan was awful. Even girl on girl action couldn't save it. Worst. Movie. Ever /comicbookguy

if a movie/show has zombies or flying dragons or other things of that sort....I think you wasting your time watching them

Caddyshack is not funny

Try showing it to someone who's never seen it before. You'll be lucky to get two laughs.
Showed Holy Grail to my kids recently. I think they laughed once. I did not laugh nearly as many times as I remember laughing back in the day. I'd rather sit around with friends quoting the movie than actually watching the movie.

The Godfather is the most overrated film of all time.

Superhero movies largely suck and have contributed to the degradation of modern film originality and artistry.

Rogue One is the second best Star Wars film after only the Empire Strikes Back.

Television/miniseries have now surpassed film as the highest quality product in visual entertainment.
Liked for the middle two sentences. 

I watched Wonder Woman (with Gail Gadot) with my daughter on advice that this would be the perfect super hero movie for us to watch together.  

It was head-spinningly stupid and emboldens my resolve to never watch another action/comic/superhero/whatever movie again.  One and only.  Never again.  Awful.
I got through the first few minutes. The old silly tv show was better.

in Rudy, everything bad happens once that ND jacket shows up: 

- Rudy's buddy dies
- Rudy can't get into ND on his grades alone
- Rudy has to turn into a pimp for his newfound friend so he can get tutoring
- Rudy lies to the woman he likes and gets busted for it after too many beers
- Rudy resorts to crime (breaking and entering) to find housing
- Rudy's girlfriend cheats on him with his own brother
- Rudy keeps getting rejection letters from ND while at Holy Cross

all of these things take place while Rudy is wearing that jacket. things finally start to turn around for him once he takes it off, and opens the ND acceptance letter on that park bench by the lake. by taking the ND jacket off, God cuts Rudy a break and lets him get on with his life. God hates that jacket. 

Last edited by a moderator:
A movie only needs three things to be good:

• bullets
  • fire
  • people falling from really high
Any movie with all three is good. And, you can use "frontal nudity" as a wildcard to fill in any missing one and it'll still be a good movie.

This formula has never failed.
Harvey Keitel fan eh 

Showed Holy Grail to my kids recently. I think they laughed once. I did not laugh nearly as many times as I remember laughing back in the day. I'd rather sit around with friends quoting the movie than actually watching the movie.
This is how I am with Dumb &  Dumber.  I remember not thinking it was that great of movie until starting to talk about the jokes with friends.  Laughed more then. 

in Rudy, everything bad happens once that ND jacket shows up: 

- Rudy's buddy dies
- Rudy can't get into ND on his grades alone
- Rudy has to turn into a pimp for his newfound friend so he can get tutoring
- Rudy lies to the woman he likes and gets busted for it after too many beers
- Rudy resorts to crime (breaking and entering) to find housing
- Rudy's girlfriend cheats on him with his own brother
- Rudy keeps getting rejection letters from ND while at Holy Cross

all of these things take place while Rudy is wearing that jacket. things finally start to turn around for him once he takes it off, and opens the ND acceptance letter on that park bench by the lake. by taking the ND jacket off, God cuts Rudy a break and lets him get on with his life. God hates that jacket. 
Rudy’s buddy dies?!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread