What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

controversial movie takes you have (1 Viewer)

Showed my 15 year old son Back to the Future on Saturday.  I was so excited because I knew he was going to love it as much as I do/did.  He hated it.  So cheesy, lame, not that funny.

I realized it was the equivalent of my parents, when I was 15, sitting me down to watch this.  Hard to blame him.

Biopic movies(Ray, Walk the Line, etc) are massively overrated and dull movies.

Tommy Boy remains one of my all time favorite comedy movies.

I didn’t like No Country for Old Men at all. I didn’t think it was interesting in any way - though perhaps I just didn’t ‘get’ it. We’ll never know because I have no intention of ever sitting through it again. 

Blair Witch Project was the perfect example of a garbage movie that was blessed with expert marketing. 

The Shape of Water  was grossly over-rated.  Basically a non-animated parallel story to Beauty and the Beast.  

This one will probably discredit everything that I've ever posted on these boards--but I actually have enjoyed a few Nicholas Cage movies 
Hello exactly @RudiStein

Plus the whole bathroom water scene was complete absurdity. 

I didn’t like No Country for Old Men at all. I didn’t think it was interesting in any way - though perhaps I just didn’t ‘get’ it. We’ll never know because I have no intention of ever sitting through it again. 
Mods...we're going to need an alias check please.

Love Actually is actual garbage. 

XXX is a cooler version of a Bond movie. 

Doc Holliday in Tombstone is not a badass. 

Okay, serious controversial opinions:

* I get that humor is subjective, but I strongly agree about Caddyshack being trash.  

* On a related note, Mel Brooks movies are mostly unwatchable aside from the very rare 30-second outlier.  A highlight reel of funny moments in Mel Brooks movies would be like a 30-minute short.

* Starship Troopers is brilliant, a legitimately upper-tier film.

* Blair Witch was a great movie at the time and still holds up pretty well despite the played-out genre.

* I've never seen a movie with Daniel Day Lewis that I actually liked.  Al Pacino thinks DDL chews the scenery.

* On a related note, Mel Brooks movies are mostly unwatchable aside from the very rare 30-second outlier.  A highlight reel of funny moments in Mel Brooks movies would be like a 30-minute short.

100% on both of these

Love Actually is actual garbage. 
I was considering posting that one too, but I wasn’t sure how controversial of a take it would be.  Just about every male fits the description of a creepy stalker, and then they get the kid to act like them too. Gah!

I was considering posting that one too, but I wasn’t sure how controversial of a take it would be.  Just about every male fits the description of a creepy stalker, and then they get the kid to act like them too. Gah!
But they're good looking/relatively successful stalkers so women in the audience eat that #### up. So dumb. 

Okay, serious controversial opinions:

* I get that humor is subjective, but I strongly agree about Caddyshack being trash.  

* Blair Witch was a great movie at the time and still holds up pretty well despite the played-out genre.

* I've never seen a movie with Daniel Day Lewis that I actually liked.  Al Pacino thinks DDL chews the scenery.
Completely disagree about Caddyshack.

Somewhat agree on Brooks but I really liked Spaceballs. Way more laughs in that movie than the rest of his combined. 

Completely agree on Starship Troopers. 

Blair Witch Project was the perfect example of a garbage movie that was blessed with expert marketing. 

The Shape of Water  was grossly over-rated.  Basically a non-animated parallel story to Beauty and the Beast.  

This one will probably discredit everything that I've ever posted on these boards--but I actually have enjoyed a few Nicholas Cage movies 
So have I man. 

Leaving Las Vegas

Honeymoon in Vegas

Con Air

Face Off

Love them.

So true.  IMO a lot of the older comedies are similar if their lack of funny - Caddyshack, Airpane!, etc..  
Great comedies shouldn't hold up. If they were great they got copied and if they got copied then the thing that made them funny isn't unexpected anymore.  And that's before all the culture change that happens over time. The rare comedies that hold up over time are things like Mr. Bean which you can't really copy and weren't really THAT funny to begin with. 

Hate every one of the Hangover movies.

Hate Black Panther.

The Passion of the Christ was so boring I fell asleep while in the theater.

Someone tell Will Smith that he is a has-been and his recent movies have sucked over the past decade.

Users who are viewing this thread