Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After paying his dues, my son gets to finally officially cover Gator football. @alligatorSports: Football writer @Bfarrell727 breaks down DC Todd Grantham's two-pronged defensive strategy and how

There is also great optimism outside Michigan that the deal gets wrapped up soon. 

God Dabo is loathsome. Pour it on. 

2 minutes ago, WDIK2 said:

Are you sure?

"Oh sorry, we only accept conference champs that started playing in October. "

Definitely not sure. Mullins still chairing would have been interesting. Seems doable though.

11 hours ago, JaxBill said:

HAHAHAHA

Then a loud of thunder was heard 

@Brett_McMurphy: Oregon president Michael Schill: "This (decision to play) has nothing to do with money. That was never discussed as a consideration."

Someone needs to ask him if all sports are allowed to play and watch him hurt himself back tracking

The P12 covering their a$$es by hiding behind the other conferences they originally said were being 'unreasonable', since these other conferences went first and the P12 can say that their decision is 'industry-standard and therefore reasonable'.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
On 8/14/2020 at 3:54 PM, Doug B said:

(Link)

nick daschel  @nickdaschel · 23h

The Pac-12 has called off football this fall. The SEC has not. Asked Oregon State president F. King Alexander what the Pac-12 is seeing the SEC isn't.

"I think, probably, reality," Alexander said.

Alexander was last president of LSU before going west. Biting take from him, jabbing at his previous conference.

Would love someone in the press core to ask Alexander "$o, what changed, Prez?"

• Like 1

With Texas A&M’s capacity limited to 25,000, the average get-in price for tomorrow’s kick versus Vanderbilt is $170. Comparatively, last year’s opening game against Texas State at full capacity was $49.

14 hours ago, gump said:

With Texas A&M’s capacity limited to 25,000, the average get-in price for tomorrow’s kick versus Vanderbilt is $170. Comparatively, last year’s opening game against Texas State at full capacity was $49.

Students go for free. Or nearly free. I don't believe they are letting any students in but never heard for sure. 

On 9/22/2020 at 3:09 PM, JaxBill said:

So interesting week for my son (UF is at Ole Miss).

Bad news: Due to Covid, they're limiting the Alligator to only one writer in press box per game.

Good news: He got the assignment this weekend.

Bad News: He's driving from Gainesville to Oxford and back by himself.

16 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Am I supposed to know who this is?

On 9/22/2020 at 3:09 PM, JaxBill said:

So interesting week for my son (UF is at Ole Miss).

Bad news: Due to Covid, they're limiting the Alligator to only one writer in press box per game.

Good news: He got the assignment this weekend.

Bad News: He's driving from Gainesville to Oxford and back by himself.

Very nice didn't realize your Son covered UF. I read the articles on there a lot. Given being up North as you can imagine it's hard to get some good takes on Florida and the SEC sometimes. Congrats to your son btw 

• Thanks 1

This Kyle Trask kid might be ok. First UF QB to throw 3 TDs in a Half since....... Tim Tebow!!!!! Yes our QB's have sucked since Tebow even though Driskell wasn't terrible (Horrible offensive coach) and Will Grier's daddy got in the way when he didn't get what he wanted and transferred. 

Todd Grantham is gonna need to get this Defense under the control. We should not be allowing 20 plus to Ole Miss and Lane Kiffin. Hopefully it's rust as I'm seeing lazy arm tackles by a group of guys that is usually pretty discipline in their tackling 

9 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Todd Grantham is gonna need to get this Defense under the control. We should not be allowing 20 plus to Ole Miss and Lane Kiffin. Hopefully it's rust as I'm seeing lazy arm tackles by a group of guys that is usually pretty discipline in their tackling 

It's great to see Trask looking so good but this defense looks like utter garbage.  Front 7 has been pushed around all day.  Minimal pressure on the QB.  Guys running wide open downfield all day.  Ole Miss can get a 30+ yard toss any time they want it.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

It's great to see Trask looking so good but this defense looks like utter garbage.  Front 7 has been pushed around all day.  Minimal pressure on the QB.  Guys running wide open downfield all day.  Ole Miss can get a 30+ yard toss any time they want it.

definitely a work in progress. But remember, they're missing 2 LB and a safety. And a second safety got ejected 5 minutes in.

I think Grantham called a pretty conservative game as a result. 

• Like 1
  • Tom Servo changed the title to 2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.