Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After paying his dues, my son gets to finally officially cover Gator football. @alligatorSports: Football writer @Bfarrell727 breaks down DC Todd Grantham's two-pronged defensive strategy and how

There is also great optimism outside Michigan that the deal gets wrapped up soon. 

Between Notre Dame and Dabo today Jesus has to really be rethinking his corporate sponsorships......

On 8/22/2020 at 12:09 PM, gump said:

For those looking for a ‘20 team, LSU looks like the one to stay away from.  The defending champs have lost 31 kids from last year (including Burrow of course), plus Brady and Aranda.

Add Stingley and it’s just too much to make up in the SEC.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, JaxBill said:

Ah yes, the Dan Mullen rule

@Bfarrell727: Some pregame notes:
-#Gators wearing black shirts that say "Together" and "It just means more"
-Numbers are on the front and back in accordance with the Dan Mullen rule, albeit pretty small https://twitter.com/Bfarrell727/status/1309873237325762566/photo/1

What’s the Dan Mullen rule?

4 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Sooners.  oof. same shut just different names.  

May as well get that embarrassing loss out of the way now rather than in the CFP like usual. 

21 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

What’s the Dan Mullen rule?

Players need numbers during pregame warmups so press/ other team can tell who made trip. 

eta somebody complained that Gators last year came out for warmups in plain shirts.

Edited by JaxBill
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Players need numbers during pregame warmups so press/ other team can tell who made trip. 

eta somebody complained that Gators last year came out for warmups in plain shirts.

So why is it the Dan mullen rule?  

32 minutes ago, gump said:

Bryce Young isn’t Tua.

I saw some good and some bad.  Nice compact release, some real zip on the throws.  Mechanics iffy, didn't set his feet enough.  Looked confused a handful of times by the defense.  When he had time and was able to make his reads, made some nice throws.

Edited by Steve Tasker
22 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

I saw some good and some bad.  Nice compact release, some real zip on the throws.  Mechanics iffy, didn't get his feet enough.  Looked confused a handful of times by the defense.  When he had time and was able to make his reads, made some nice throws.

He can maybe be a star...had no time, big arm but seemed undersized...the reality that the best QB we’ve ever had or will ever have is gone is just sinking in. It was fun.😢

• Like 1
On 9/26/2020 at 11:16 PM, gump said:

In Leach’s SEC debut his QB breaks the conference record for passing yards. At Miss St. In Death Valley. Some ADs have to be kicking themselves.

I think i'm jumping the gun a bit.  As Oklahoma shows, can you recruit and develop defensive talent with an offensive focus like that?  Should be easier for OU than Miss St, and they can't do it. Leach has inherited that today.

1 hour ago, gump said:

I think i'm jumping the gun a bit.  As Oklahoma shows, can you recruit and develop defensive talent with an offensive focus like that?  Should be easier for OU than Miss St, and they can't do it. Leach has inherited that today.

The time of possession issue hurts his defenses the most.  

I thought it would take Leach a year or so to get a decent team on the field.  HFS.  That was a thing of beauty to watch.  

All the Wr's we had last year looked like absolute chumps.  I didn't think any of them were SEC caliber.  Ole Miss and LSU fans around here tossing out excuses about LSU losing so many players, yada yada yada.  LSU's 2 deep should be better than our starters, thats nothing new.  I'm so happy how everything unfolded.  If you had told me we rushed for 9 yds against LSU I would be shocked, but I would have assumed we got beat 63-0.  

I hope this wasn't a fluke.  

• Like 2
  • Tom Servo changed the title to 2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.