What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (4 Viewers)

I thought it would take Leach a year or so to get a decent team on the field.  HFS.  That was a thing of beauty to watch.  

All the Wr's we had last year looked like absolute chumps.  I didn't think any of them were SEC caliber.  Ole Miss and LSU fans around here tossing out excuses about LSU losing so many players, yada yada yada.  LSU's 2 deep should be better than our starters, thats nothing new.  I'm so happy how everything unfolded.  If you had told me we rushed for 9 yds against LSU I would be shocked, but I would have assumed we got beat 63-0.  

I hope this wasn't a fluke.  

I thought it would take Leach a year or so to get a decent team on the field.  HFS.  That was a thing of beauty to watch.  

All the Wr's we had last year looked like absolute chumps.  I didn't think any of them were SEC caliber.  Ole Miss and LSU fans around here tossing out excuses about LSU losing so many players, yada yada yada.  LSU's 2 deep should be better than our starters, thats nothing new.  I'm so happy how everything unfolded.  If you had told me we rushed for 9 yds against LSU I would be shocked, but I would have assumed we got beat 63-0.  

I hope this wasn't a fluke.  
DCs around the SEC scrambling to get tape of how Washington U handled Leach.

In Leach’s SEC debut his QB breaks the conference record for passing yards. At Miss St. In Death Valley. Some ADs have to be kicking themselves.
And good for KJ Costello.  I thought he was a stud at Stanford but was stuck in a boring offense that didn't let him sling it.  Clearly, that's what he wanted to do and it shows!  Costello had to see what Leach did for Minshew's career.

DCs around the SEC scrambling to get tape of how Washington U handled Leach.
 Jimmy Lake (former UW D Coordinator, current head coach) told the press how they do it a couple years ago....he essentially said that Mike Leach has been running the same offense for 5 years and doesn't really change anything up.  So you can game plan for him, he's not adjusting anything, he just demands that his players execute to perfection.  He'll be what he was at WSU and TTech.....he'll win some thrillers where he was an underdog and then he'll lose some real head scratchers.  Regardless, it'll be fun for sure and I'm happy for the Bulldogs.  That had to be thrilling for for their fans.

I think i'm jumping the gun a bit.  As Oklahoma shows, can you recruit and develop defensive talent with an offensive focus like that?  Should be easier for OU than Miss St, and they can't do it. Leach has inherited that today.

The time of possession issue hurts his defenses the most.  
I watch the same with my own team, going back now through three consecutive offensive-minded head coaches. Complementary football at its absolute worst.

I've always believed defensive-minded coaches don't try to prove they're the smartest guy in the room, and are able to manage the entire game much better. But that might just be the "old school" fan in me that might not be realistic in this day and age, when spread offenses are all the rage even at the HS level.

JaxBill said:
it's a shame Leach and Spurrier weren't in tbe SEC at thr same time. Those would be some fun press conferences 
Now they coach together.  Well, Spurrier Jr. 

Wishful thinking as a State fan, but I hope Leach stays a while.  Thats been our issue (among a million other things), but when we sniffed success with Mullen every off season came to a halt because Mullen would interview.   Top recruits would commits would end up at Bama and Ole Miss.  Same would have happened with Moorhead had he run a competent program.  I hope Leach settles in for the long run.   Seems like a perfect scenario for him and us.  

‘Minnesota plans to have 98 fewer student-athletes on non-revenue teams next academic year....Women’s cross country student-athlete Sweeney says her team has not been informed of any changes despite projections indicating that the roster size will decrease from 34 to 20.’ - Star Tribune

The W CC team at UM goes 34 deep? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bama -18 v TAMU

Tenn -12 v Mizzou (UT with the longest winning streak in the P5)

Texas -11 v TCU

Pitt -14 v NC State

Miss St -17 v Arky

Oklahoma -7.5 @ Iowa St

UGA - 7.5 v Auburn

So Texas leads TCU 63-26-1 in this  * air quotes * “rivalry”.  

If you’re winning 5 of every 7 games, you don’t have a rivalry. 

CFB Reddit:

The 2020 Olympics may have been canceled this year, but TCU and Texas are more than making up for the parade of flags portion.

Does Gary Patterson not have to wear a mask?
I dunno, but it's clear they don't have a get-back coach, because he's 5 yards onto the field calling defensive plays seemingly every play.  With all the penalties in the first half of this game, I'm surprised they haven't gotten him yet.

I dunno, but it's clear they don't have a get-back coach, because he's 5 yards onto the field calling defensive plays seemingly every play.  With all the penalties in the first half of this game, I'm surprised they haven't gotten him yet.
Did I call this or what?

The ACC Network has become my early game go to.
I don't really understand how we get the SEC Network locally but not the ACC Network.  Syracuse and to a lesser extent Pitt and BC have a much bigger following locally than any SEC school.

I even have ESPN+, and it still doesn't give me access to ACC Network.

@MBakerTBTimes: BREAKING: Kyle Pitts did not score a touchdown in that quarter. First time all year
#Gators up 38-17 heading into the fourth

Nothing fires me up more than the CBS Game of the Week intro... :popcorn: will be sad to see it go.

Good game brewing in Ttown...Mac has made some throws but more big mistakes and has no mobility..wondering if Young will get a chance...

Did I just see an ad for the Alabama Senate race?  Honestly, I thought it was a parody of something at first.

So is Alabama as good as the score or is Texas Aggie bad?
Mac Jones looks pretty good.  Alabama defense looks fine.  A&M has looked okay but haven't been at their best, burned all of their timeouts early in the first half, Mond has been a bit inaccurate.  They had one fluky INT that gave them great field position and led to a TD.

Memphis/SMU game is highly entertaining.  

Although there is a fan blaring a kazoo that needs to be tossed onto Central Expressway. 

So is Alabama as good as the score or is Texas Aggie bad?
The D is better than last year but not clear if it’s elite yet...with this offense scoring so quickly the days of giving up < 10 pts/game are long gone. The OL and skill positions maybe the best...QB looks good but hasn’t done it under pressure.

Beat the Top 5 defending champs on the road, then give the worst team in the league their first conference win in years at home...Leach makes his mark quick.

Users who are viewing this thread