Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After paying his dues, my son gets to finally officially cover Gator football. @alligatorSports: Football writer @Bfarrell727 breaks down DC Todd Grantham's two-pronged defensive strategy and how

There is also great optimism outside Michigan that the deal gets wrapped up soon. 

the good news is they can still win the NFC East  

@SBTribune: Notre Dame's contact tracing found that attendance at last Saturday's Florida State football game didn’t contribute to this week’s spike in positive COVID-19 test results, but off-campus tailgates and watch parties did. https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/local/notre-dame-experiences-new-spike-in-covid-19-cases-reminds-campus-of-need-for-vigilance/article_bc785f60-0ffa-11eb-b9b7-1ba04b89da12.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_SBTribune

4 hours ago, culdeus said:

Games are really light this week. Big12 has only one game on the calendar and it includes Kansas.

There is just one game between two ranked teams (Georgia Alabama)

North Carolina v. Florida State has probably the most interest???? after that one????  I'm trying hard to find another more interesting game, send help.

Kentucky- Tenn, Auburn- SC, TAMU-MissSt are all one score spreads. Problem is pickings are extremely slim at night.

I'm particularly interested to see if TAMU coming off big win can go on the road and avoid laying an egg.

33 minutes ago, gump said:

https://twitter.com/chrisbreece/status/1317205740818472960?s=21
Following up on Alabama’s statement on Nick Saban’s Thursday negative test- I’m told Saban’s test today (Friday) was also negative. If tomorrow morning’s test is negative he’ll be cleared to coach, per the given protocol.

Wild. Man, college football really should not be this important. That’s embarrassing. 

Edited by Capella
1 hour ago, gump said:

https://twitter.com/chrisbreece/status/1317205740818472960?s=21
Following up on Alabama’s statement on Nick Saban’s Thursday negative test- I’m told Saban’s test today (Friday) was also negative. If tomorrow morning’s test is negative he’ll be cleared to coach, per the given protocol.

Did he originally have a false positive?  I guess maybe I don't understand how the virus works.  How do you go from first having it to not having it after a few days?  I assume he was being tested often?  Did he have it earlier and they weren't aware?  :shrug: 

Of course, there is always dark magic.  :oldunsure:  

Are oatmeal cream pies the cure?

Edited by WDIK2
1 hour ago, Capella said:

Wild. Man, college football really should not be this important. That’s embarrassing. 

They test everyday, and there have 100% negatives from all players and staff since Wed. They will pass the protocol laid out in advance if another round of 100% negatives comes this morning.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, WDIK2 said:

Did he originally have a false positive?  I guess maybe I don't understand how the virus works.  How do you go from first having it to not having it after a few days?  I assume he was being tested often?  Did he have it earlier and they weren't aware?  :shrug: 

A big advantage of having more money than almost all other programs is they can use it to be more thorough with this.  They've tested all players and staff everyday since this summer.

29 minutes ago, gump said:

They test everyday, and there have 100% negatives from all players and staff since Wed. They will pass the protocol laid out in advance if another round of 100% negatives comes this morning.

He tested positive 3 days ago. This is why people look down on the south. The very idea that he would be standing on a sideline full of people is lunacy. 

• Laughing 1
26 minutes ago, gump said:

A big advantage of having more money than almost all other programs is they can use it to be more thorough with this.  They've tested all players and staff everyday since this summer.

Most P5 schools are going to have this advantage.

Southern Miss, OTOH...

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, gump said:

Right, I get that.  That's why I was wondering if he had a false positive.  If you're tested daily and suddenly test positive, I didn't think you would test negative a few days later.  :shrug:  

Edited by WDIK2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, WDIK2 said:

Right, I get that.  That's why I was wondering if he had a false positive.  If you're tested weekly (or a couple times a week) and test positive, I didn't think you would test negative a few days later.  :shrug:  

I’m not sure...haven’t seen an explanation yet, but I believe the medical staff confirmed it wasn’t a false positive.

I was wrong...it looks like it’s now being labeled a False Positive:

Statement from team physician Jimmy Robinson:

“Upon evaluation today, Coach Saban remains completely asymptomatic. To address the potential for a false positive, the SEC Return to Activity and Medical Guidance Task Force Protocol allows for follow-up testing to clear the individual’s return to activity. That protocol requires three negative PCR tests 24 hours apart.

• Thanks 1

Kentucky with 2 pick-6s.  The Vols fans in attendance are getting restless.  

ETA:  So they bring in the backup QB and he throws an int.  They didn't return it for a TD, so I guess that's an improvement.  :oldunsure: 

Edited by WDIK2
  • Laughing 1
8 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Literally just turned on clemson gt

jesus christ

GT lost to Syracuse, who’s losing to Liberty. The bottom of the ACC looks really bad again.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Literally just turned on clemson gt

jesus christ

Lawrence threw for about 400 and 5TDs at half. One drive and he’s out in the 2nd half.

Rest of ACC is rough but Clemson’s going to be really hard to beat this year. 

2 minutes ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

On the bright side (at least for me), I really think this is the beginning of the end for Gustav.  

C’mon he’ll find a way. 6-4 do it?

23 minutes ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

I don't see how he gets to 4 wins, much less 6.  

2021 will be the end.  YellaWood and the gang won't want to come off all that cash right now.

The payout is a % of what he’s due thru ‘23 right? 75%?

1 hour ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

On the bright side (at least for me), I really think this is the beginning of the end for Gustav.  

Would be great if you guys can hang on to him until after you come to Happy Valley next September.  TIA.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Man Miss St. after a week 1 looked really interesting. Now? They suuuuuck.

Hands up if you thought a Mike Leach offense would look inept in the SEC.

• Tom Servo changed the title to 2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.