Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After paying his dues, my son gets to finally officially cover Gator football. @alligatorSports: Football writer @Bfarrell727 breaks down DC Todd Grantham's two-pronged defensive strategy and how

There is also great optimism outside Michigan that the deal gets wrapped up soon. 

God Dabo is loathsome. Pour it on. 

1 hour ago, Marmalade said:

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/30176217/bettor-places-86k-bet-win-860-clemson-tigers-beat-syracuse-orange

According to FanDuel, a bettor placed an $8,600 money-line bet on Clemson at -100,000 odds. If the Tigers prevail, the bettor will add $8.60 to his bankroll.

This is an All-Time dumb bet regardless of current score.

The guys on SECN are talking about a chart that someone came up with to determine when to go for it on 4th down.  Anyone know where one can see such a chart?

Nevermind - I found some.

Edited by Tom Servo
38 minutes ago, Capella said:

Can’t believe some of these coaches get paid millions of dollars to not know basic probabilities. 

Or instead of having an assistant kicking coach have a director of football smartness.  

I understand "playing to the whistle." But OU drives to the TCU 10, picks up a first down, and starts to kneel up 30-14. But TCU takes its TOs so OU can't run the clock out and has to either take another knee on 4th down or kick a FG. So they kick the FG. Also making the players go thru another KO. WTF does that accomplish Patterson?

8 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Or instead of having an assistant kicking coach have a director of football smartness.  

I wonder if some of them have a person telling them what to do in their ears. I know a lot of NFL coaches have somebody like that.

Ultimately, most of these college coaches are going to defer towards the cowardly way out. 7-5/6-6 and a closer than expected loss to Clemson keeps those paychecks coming in. 

6 minutes ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

True story, I napped through most of the 4th quarter.  My enthusiasm is at an all time low.

Can’t speak for auburn but the games are awful this year. The lack of atmosphere and the bad play are hard to get past. I’ve never watched less CFB. 

29 minutes ago, Capella said:

Can’t speak for auburn but the games are awful this year. The lack of atmosphere and the bad play are hard to get past. I’ve never watched less CFB. 

I’m the opposite...never watched so much Pitt on the ACCN...this full slate weekend is the best yet.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gump said:

Ettiene hurt? Hope not.

Looks like it was Tony the Tiger's fault.  :lmao:

Grace Raynor

@gmraynor

Travis Etienne said that his problem with the cramping was because he ate Frosted Flakes for breakfast. Says he'll get eggs/sausage/real food next time .  

• Love 1
  • Laughing 4
25 minutes ago, gump said:

I’m the opposite...never watched so much Pitt on the ACCN...this full slate weekend is the best yet.

I haven’t seen an interesting game yet today, I guess at least after the Syracuse coach turtled. 

1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

@Ramblin Wreck - I love Collins but all these turnovers and penalties are on him at some point.

Yeah it's sloppy as crap.  I'm more disappointed in the defense than the offense.  We knew the offense was gonna be a big rebuild.  And their lines are so small and young that's just takes a couple recruiting cycles and years in the weight room to fix.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

Ankle injury for Waddle. Done for the year.

That sucks.

A fun player to watch and rare talent...he’s not the most important player for Bama but he’s the best. 

• Tom Servo changed the title to 2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.