What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (2 Viewers)

B1G overreaction = #HeisMertz

I liked the game plan. A lot of short/screen passes to start and get him comfortable in his first start. Then start throwing a bit deeper up the middle of the cover 2. Then the bomb before half. The kid has some nice accuracy and damn he throws a pretty ball. We'll see what some adversity brings but like you said, decent first start.  I mean, it is Illinois, but tying 2 school records is goodish I think.

There's some rust there but the running game...oof. 
Yeah the Oline wasn't opening big holes (but Lovie also has a decent defensive front).

Ill be interested to see id the freshman RB gets some work.  Watson doesn’t have that initial burst or the feet to make cuts...a little bit more agility and he had a few runs last night that could have been big).

Mertz was impressive though showing poise and he has a great arm.  Future should look good with him.

The guys on SECN are talking about a chart that someone came up with to determine when to go for it on 4th down.  Anyone know where one can see such a chart?

Nevermind - I found some.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand "playing to the whistle." But OU drives to the TCU 10, picks up a first down, and starts to kneel up 30-14. But TCU takes its TOs so OU can't run the clock out and has to either take another knee on 4th down or kick a FG. So they kick the FG. Also making the players go thru another KO. WTF does that accomplish Patterson?

Unreal...why bring it out. Saban will always put his stars on ST but why risk the play that deep in EZ.

Or instead of having an assistant kicking coach have a director of football smartness.  
I wonder if some of them have a person telling them what to do in their ears. I know a lot of NFL coaches have somebody like that.

Ultimately, most of these college coaches are going to defer towards the cowardly way out. 7-5/6-6 and a closer than expected loss to Clemson keeps those paychecks coming in. 

I missed the beginning of the UCF/Tulsa game, but wtf is the deal with the UCF uniforms? Is it 80s flashback or something?

Can’t speak for auburn but the games are awful this year. The lack of atmosphere and the bad play are hard to get past. I’ve never watched less CFB. 
I’m the opposite...never watched so much Pitt on the ACCN...this full slate weekend is the best yet.

Users who are viewing this thread