Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.

29 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Indiana is going to lose by a point because of that play.

NOT SO FAST, my friend 

Having seen this movie before they’ll lose by 3

Edited by heckmanm
  • Love 1
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After paying his dues, my son gets to finally officially cover Gator football. @alligatorSports: Football writer @Bfarrell727 breaks down DC Todd Grantham's two-pronged defensive strategy and how

There is also great optimism outside Michigan that the deal gets wrapped up soon. 

the good news is they can still win the NFC East  

1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

Nose of the ball looks like it may be across the white before the ball hits.  If they overturn this it’s garbage.  There’s no way to tell IMO.

It did not cross before hitting but they won't overturn it.

Just now, AAABatteries said:

Forget hitting the pylon - the ball’s nose is across.

It is not but like I said they won't overturn it. Franklin deserves this. Why don't you go for 2 to go up 9? That is ####### elementary level math 

I’d say you are too invested - it was across.

It wasn't. Not sure where you can see that. The down the line shot clearly shows it's short by like an inch.

Just now, Insein said:

It is not but like I said they won't overturn it. Franklin deserves this. Why don't you go for 2 to go up 9? That is ####### elementary level math 

I think that should be the convention based on math but I think the vast majority  of coaches kick and go up 8.  As you can see, Indiana would have gone for two and if he scored and missed his 2-PT and lost to theirs then I think he gets crucified.

I think that should be the convention based on math but I think the vast majority  of coaches kick and go up 8.  As you can see, Indiana would have gone for two and if he scored and missed his 2-PT and lost to theirs then I think he gets crucified.

If they missed the 2 ptr and they're still up 7. They can stop Indiana on the play. Get the 2 ptr and games over.

3 minutes ago, Insein said:

If they missed the 2 ptr and they're still up 7. They can stop Indiana on the play. Get the 2 ptr and games over.

Not following.  I’m saying if they ended up going up 7 (and not 9) and then lose to a TD + 2 PT that Franklin would get brutalized.  Not saying he should - I agree with you that the math may favor going for it - but I don’t doubt he would take a lot of heat.

Nevermind - I understand your point now.  I don’t disagree that the math may have dictated that being the right choice.  Would like to see it - either way he knew he’d get crucified if he didn’t go up 8 and lost.

Edited by AAABatteries

Crazy finish for Indiana.  Penix Sr. was at Tennessee Tech when i was in school.  We played against a bunch of football players in intramural basketball once...pretty sure it was Penix Sr who took a rebound on free throw and slammed it easily.  I remember half boxing out and looking up and seeing a guy flying in over everyone.  Just crazy.

• Tom Servo changed the title to 2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.