What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (2 Viewers)

Does LSU currently have upper 1st round NFL talent at DT?  Pelini's defenses usually look great with one of those guys.  
LSU did have DT Tyler Shelvin who was probably graded as a 2021second/third rounder in the summer. He was a COVID opt-out this season, though.

Tom Servo said:
Harbaugh now 1-7 against OSU and MSU.  How this guy isn't on the hot seat is beyond me.
I think he is.  They did not offer him an extension.

It is time for Harbaugh to go. 

I forgot the Pac was playing, s. :lmao:  I really haven’t paid enough attention to be talking here. I suppose Oregon could make it, yea. 
Well, Oregon also dodged a bullet not having to host tOSU.  I was going to back up the Brinks truck and wager a fortune on the Nuteyes.  And they could be pretty good, BUT....they lost a TON of talent when Penei Sewell (projected top 5 overall pick), Jevon Holland (Mel Kiper's top ranked Safety), and DBs Deommodore Lenoir & Thomas Graham opted out of the season due to Covid.  That defensive backfield will be a mess.

Also breaking in a new QB that nobody knows anything about since practices are some deep dark secret from the media.  :rolleyes:

USC should win the Pac-12, but Clay Helton is good for 3 losses every year.

I think he is.  They did not offer him an extension.

It is time for Harbaugh to go. 
The "vibe" around Harbaugh and this team changed QUICKLY in this week.  It was always stupid to think this was his "best team" after losing 10 players to the NFL and two returning stars deciding to sit out the season after all.  They are back to where they were in 2017 with a brand new set of O-Line starters and corners who are REALLY young.  I laughed out loud at the 25 point spread and gladly threw down $100.  I don't bet often (probably 3 times in the last 7-8 years) but I know free money when I see it.  It continues to baffle me at how bad Brown is at IN GAME adjustments.  This last Saturday was another day I was left asking myself "what exactly did they do this week during practice?"  They looked like they hadn't been on the field for 2-3 weeks.

The "vibe" around Harbaugh and this team changed QUICKLY in this week.  It was always stupid to think this was his "best team" after losing 10 players to the NFL and two returning stars deciding to sit out the season after all.  They are back to where they were in 2017 with a brand new set of O-Line starters and corners who are REALLY young.  I laughed out loud at the 25 point spread and gladly threw down $100.  I don't bet often (probably 3 times in the last 7-8 years) but I know free money when I see it.  It continues to baffle me at how bad Brown is at IN GAME adjustments.  This last Saturday was another day I was left asking myself "what exactly did they do this week during practice?"  They looked like they hadn't been on the field for 2-3 weeks.
I agree and the more I thought about it Michigan lost 10 players to the NFL draft, not counting Tarik Black who transferred.  Also future first rd pick WR Nico Collins who sat out due to COVID concerns.  Plus starting a first time QB who never played before.

Maybe they were just over rated to begin with.

One thing though Don Brown has to go.  To leave his CBs both on an island and keep getting burned deep in inexcusable.

I agree and the more I thought about it Michigan lost 10 players to the NFL draft, not counting Tarik Black who transferred.  Also future first rd pick WR Nico Collins who sat out due to COVID concerns.  Plus starting a first time QB who never played before.

Maybe they were just over rated to begin with.

One thing though Don Brown has to go.  To leave his CBs both on an island and keep getting burned deep in inexcusable.
A Thomas is also sitting out which makes the bold that much more glaring.  This kind of thing happened in the OSU game a couple years ago.  Crossing routes anyone?  I just don't get it.  I had forgotten about Black leaving.

ETA:  So in my view this team isn't top 25.  I think we all agree on that.  That said, coaching is becoming an glaring issue too...they need to figure out how to adjust or being willing to adjust.  That doesn't seem like it's the case though and makes the youth of the team that much more vulnerable.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's face it, Harbaugh is supposedly this QB guru and yet the last QB he coached that was worth anything was Andrew Luck...when he was at Stanford (2010).

ETA:  So in my view this team isn't top 25.  I think we all agree on that. 
Hmmm, not sure about that.  Will be quite a few 2-3 loss teams in the top 25.  The gap from tope 3 or 4 and 25 is pretty wide.

Let's face it, Harbaugh is supposedly this QB guru and yet the last QB he coached that was worth anything was Andrew Luck...when he was at Stanford (2010).
M just got the wrong transfers.   Fields instead of Patterson might have restored his "Guru" title.

A young NIU team hangs tough in the first half, and forces a quick punt on the first drive of the half for UB......before fumbling away two scoop-n-score defensive TDs for UB in 45 seconds to put Buffalo up 35-16.

Last time UB was up 19 in the mid-3rd against NIU, NIU came back and won (2018 MAC title game).

A young NIU team hangs tough in the first half, and forces a quick punt on the first drive of the half for UB......before fumbling away two scoop-n-score defensive TDs for UB in 45 seconds to put Buffalo up 35-16.

Last time UB was up 19 in the mid-3rd against NIU, NIU came back and won (2018 MAC title game).
3 defensive touchdowns!  And this is without their top DE and 2 starting CBs.  But NIU is very young and rebuilding.

So USC and Arizona State are playing at 9am local time? What the hell 
Yup.  Pac12 desperate to get east coast eyeballs on major networks.  

Related:  Cal/Wash cancelled because one player tested positive.  They don't mess around in Berkeley.....Maybe Wisconsin can take some notes?

General Malaise said:
Related:  Cal/Wash cancelled because one player tested positive.  They don't mess around in Berkeley.....Maybe Wisconsin can take some notes?
Cal can’t meet the min without 1 player...what happened to that Ath Dept.

General Malaise said:
Yup.  Pac12 desperate to get east coast eyeballs on major networks.  

nah

Major statement made. We’ll see how they are compared to P12 schools playing 5-6 games.
I've been high on BYU all year and they have helped me cash some nice tickets this year, but it should be noted that Boise State was down to Ben Dinucci's less talented auto mechanic at QB last night.  

This team is so bad...they don't recruit well enough to lose THAT much talent at once and it shows.  Good news is, again, looks like I'm making more money today.  Not exactly sure what Vegas thinks they are seeing in this team but it's wrong.

This team is so bad...they don't recruit well enough to lose THAT much talent at once and it shows.  Good news is, again, looks like I'm making more money today.  Not exactly sure what Vegas thinks they are seeing in this team but it's wrong.
I know you’ve thoroughly covered this, but recruiting rankings have been top 10 outside of ‘18...is it the wrong recruits vs need?  
Recruiting is definitely a skill that successful coaches typically have...that’s not needed obviously in the NFL. And it’s not just piling up high rankings.

Users who are viewing this thread