What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (1 Viewer)

@Bfarrell727: Mullen jokes that his spat with Todd Grantham was about Grantham putting his Christmas decorations up too early.

There's been some pretty terrible ball played in the MAC so far. Entertaining, sure. But these are not good teams.
The MAC is definitely down this year.  Akron and Bowling Green are genuinely two of the worst teams in college football (and I would argue that Akron is literally the worst).  Still, UB just hung 70 on an undefeated team and won by 29.  They could hang with teams on the lower rungs of the top 25, but are they really one of the 25 best teams in the country?  Nah.  

They're received a handful of votes in the AP these past few weeks and I could see them maybe picking up a few more after this win.  I think the best we've ever done is something like 9 votes during the 2018 season.  

Ohio State-Illinois is canceled. If the Michigan State or Michigan game is canceled, the Buckeyes will not be eligible for the Big Ten championship game.

—————————-

Listen, covid is very serious but if Michigan faked a bunch of cases just to screw OSU over that would be one of the funniest things of all-time. 
That would be so Michigan, especially this season.  :lmao:

This Utah-Udub game has gotten interesting all of a sudden.

Also, I was at Jake Bentley's college debut four years ago ... met @Slapdashand @Mjolnirsafter the game. Bentley should have still be a senior in HS, so I don't know whether it should feel weird that he's still playing college football.

Rutgers held the ball for 13:17 of the 4th quarter against Purdue last night, accomplished almost entirely by running up the middle with a 3rd string QB. Was also something like 19 mins and change over the last 22 minutes. 

Bob Diaco everyone!

Wouldn't be my first choice but they didn't ask me. The biggest knock on him is that he has never been a head coach or coordinator. A lot of former players, from the Spurrier era, are pushing for him to get the job. 

Personally, of all the names going around I would rather have Napier or Chadwell. Out of the names not really getting mentioned much I would love to to have Fleck, Campbell, or Fickell. It isn't going to be Freeze. 

Whatever they do the better hurry. The decommits are starting to add up. 

Wouldn't be my first choice but they didn't ask me. The biggest knock on him is that he has never been a head coach or coordinator. A lot of former players, from the Spurrier era, are pushing for him to get the job. 

Personally, of all the names going around I would rather have Napier or Chadwell. Out of the names not really getting mentioned much I would love to to have Fleck, Campbell, or Fickell. It isn't going to be Freeze. 

Whatever they do the better hurry. The decommits are starting to add up. 
None of these names are without issues, but I'm willing to give the younger Beamer a chance. If he really was such a big influence recruiting the best teams SC has had, then it will be interesting to see how he can do with the drastically better facilities built in the last decade.

Particularly when the other front-runner was fired as OC by Dabo of all people...

It'd be a gamble, for sure. Not a lot of great options and a ton of work to do.

Ohio State-Illinois is canceled. If the Michigan State or Michigan game is canceled, the Buckeyes will not be eligible for the Big Ten championship game.

—————————-

Listen, covid is very serious but if Michigan faked a bunch of cases just to screw OSU over that would be one of the funniest things of all-time. 
All in :football:

Seeing more players opting out - which just makes the season more of a farce.  Not disagreeing with their decision at all - just the way this has played out has been kind of a joke.  

They're received a handful of votes in the AP these past few weeks and I could see them maybe picking up a few more after this win.  I think the best we've ever done is something like 9 votes during the 2018 season.  
56 votes and de facto #27 in the AP.

Big road game at the usual house of horrors Peden Stadium against rival Ohio next Saturday.  Bulls with a chance to clinch the MAC East and, maybe, that top 25 ranking.  Ohio 2-1 in conference and clinging to their life in division in this shortened season.  Ohio vs Buffalo is always a good game, in both football and basketball.  We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odds that OSU missing another COVID game and the BIG amends their rules allowing them to play in the BIG Championship anyway?  With Penix being done for the season the thought of an Indiana vs NW (if they don't lose another) can't be all that enticing.  And they know their only shot at having a team in the running for an NCAA title is OSU getting that extra game...no way they don't alter things to let OSU in...right?

Complicating that would be NW losing another...and now you have a committee with Day, Alvarez, and Chryst letting OSU and Wisconsin back in the title game (again assuming then if NW loses that Wisconsin wins out).

Users who are viewing this thread