Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, gump said:

Haha...you’d think the rumors would be getting more creative, but we are probably tapped out of them in this realm. 

Yeah, flight trackers are so 2015. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After paying his dues, my son gets to finally officially cover Gator football. @alligatorSports: Football writer @Bfarrell727 breaks down DC Todd Grantham's two-pronged defensive strategy and how

There is also great optimism outside Michigan that the deal gets wrapped up soon. 

Between Notre Dame and Dabo today Jesus has to really be rethinking his corporate sponsorships......

5 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Odds that OSU missing another COVID game and the BIG amends their rules allowing them to play in the BIG Championship anyway?  With Penix being done for the season the thought of an Indiana vs NW (if they don't lose another) can't be all that enticing.  And they know their only shot at having a team in the running for an NCAA title is OSU getting that extra game...no way they don't alter things to let OSU in...right?

Complicating that would be NW losing another...and now you have a committee with Day, Alvarez, and Chryst letting OSU and Wisconsin back in the title game (again assuming then if NW loses that Wisconsin wins out).

 

They might be better off just matching them up with Wisconsin during that "crossover" weekend anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 3:17 PM, The Commish said:
On 11/27/2020 at 10:30 PM, Capella said:

Ohio State-Illinois is canceled. If the Michigan State or Michigan game is canceled, the Buckeyes will not be eligible for the Big Ten championship game.

 

—————————-

 

Listen, covid is very serious but if Michigan faked a bunch of cases just to screw OSU over that would be one of the funniest things of all-time. 

All in :football:

It's Beginning!!  :lmao: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ACC did something smart and protected their potential playoff teams?

@slmandel: NEWS: Clemson and Florida State will not be playing a rescheduled game, AND, Notre Dame will not play at Wake Forest next week, the ACC announced. They are basically cutting off those two and Miami after nine league games.

 

@slmandel: If I'm Nick Saban and Dan Mullen, I'm on the phone to Greg Sankey asking to be let out of their Dec. 12 games, too. Unfair CFP advantage for Clemson & ND.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

@slmandel: If I'm Nick Saban and Dan Mullen, I'm on the phone to Greg Sankey asking to be let out of their Dec. 12 games, too. Unfair CFP advantage for Clemson & ND.

TV won’t like it but I bet it happens, if both win this weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NEWS: Liberty-Coastal Carolina is off. #BYU-Coastal Carolina is on, sources tell @SInow. Flames had COVID issues and should be making an announcement soon.

--

Sucks for Liberty but pretty cool BYU can adjust so quickly. BYU is going to play like 15 games this year. Just anyone who has an opening.

Edited by whoknew
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whoknew said:

NEWS: Liberty-Coastal Carolina is off. #BYU-Coastal Carolina is on, sources tell @SInow. Flames had COVID issues and should be making an announcement soon.

--

Sucks for Liberty but pretty cool BYU can adjust so quickly. BYU is going to play like 15 games this year. Just anyone who has an opening.

And College Gameday is still set to air from CC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised no talk of the Georgia vs Vandy cancellation. Official line is Covid but only 2 players tested positive for Vandy this week. The real reason appears to be players walking out due to the firing of the coach and the team being used as a publicity stunt. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, facook said:

If anyone can make sense of the App St personal foul which turned a muffed punt-snap td for the D into the D gets the ball at their OWN 35, I will venmo you a quarter.  WTF happened?

That was odd. I didn't get it either. They never showed the actual infraction on camera. 

With that being said congrats to Coach Napier for finally getting past App State. Now come on down to Columbia and accept your new job. 

Edited by In The Zone
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Insein said:

Surprised no talk of the Georgia vs Vandy cancellation. Official line is Covid but only 2 players tested positive for Vandy this week. The real reason appears to be players walking out due to the firing of the coach and the team being used as a publicity stunt. 

Apparently Sarah Logan spoke to the team at halftime about things and they weren’t too pleased about that. Then, the SEC makes her Special Teams Player of the Week. I can’t imagine how bent those guys are, and I don’t blame them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gump said:

Videos from how LSU acted postgame last year after winning in Tuscaloosa have been making the rounds with players all week.

Bama -30...lay the points.

:link:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gump said:

Videos from how LSU acted postgame last year after winning in Tuscaloosa have been making the rounds with players all week.

Bama -30...lay the points.

First half -17 is the way to go imo. Bama in previous years struggles to cover those gigantic spreads by the end. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Apparently Sarah Logan spoke to the team at halftime about things and they weren’t too pleased about that. Then, the SEC makes her Special Teams Player of the Week. I can’t imagine how bent those guys are, and I don’t blame them. 

I highly doubt that’s true. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Insein said:

Surprised no talk of the Georgia vs Vandy cancellation. Official line is Covid but only 2 players tested positive for Vandy this week. The real reason appears to be players walking out due to the firing of the coach and the team being used as a publicity stunt. 

Real reason says who? You guys gotta stop acting like Twitter/fan boy message board rumors are real. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Apparently Sarah Logan spoke to the team at halftime about things and they weren’t too pleased about that. Then, the SEC makes her Special Teams Player of the Week. I can’t imagine how bent those guys are, and I don’t blame them. 

It's not even that she's a women. She broke the one simple rule all football teams follow. Kickers speak when spoken to.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Capella said:

Real reason says who? You guys gotta stop acting like Twitter/fan boy message board rumors are real. 
 

Says the players. They weren't very happy that their coach has been fired suddenly despite all the turmoil. The kicker yelling at them at half time and then being named player if the week was just an extra insult.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Insein said:

Says the players. They weren't very happy that their coach has been fired suddenly despite all the turmoil. The kicker yelling at them at half time and then being named player if the week was just an extra insult.

You have anything backing this up about the kicker? Every player quote I read said they were proud of her and getting to be a part of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Capella said:

You have anything backing this up about the kicker? Every player quote I read said they were proud of her and getting to be a part of it. 

Not gonna find an official story from ESPN obviously but it's all over twitter. They did have respect for her and we're proud of what she was doing until she decided to call them out at halftime and then received an award for just being on the field. Had nothing to do with being a woman. Imagine a kicker just added to the team the week before calling guys out who aren't cheering for their team? That alone is enough to create resentment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

:link:

https://twitter.com/crobinson_68/status/1334928791785918468?s=21
Mostly insider talk but this tweet is from a ‘19 player now in the NFL. There’s also the ‘Roll Tide, #### You’ video making the rounds.

Per Caps point, Saban is back which will kill late game aggression if up big, but the players will be coming out hot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gump said:

https://twitter.com/crobinson_68/status/1334928791785918468?s=21
Mostly insider talk but this tweet is from a ‘19 player now in the NFL. There’s also the ‘Roll Tide, #### You’ video making the rounds.

Per Caps point, Saban is back which will kill late game aggression if up big, but the players will be coming out hot.

I'm not sure that's true today.  I'm just hopeful that LSU comes out and plays with some pride and gets after it a little bit, but I think Saban will be out for blood today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Insein said:

Not gonna find an official story from ESPN obviously but it's all over twitter. They did have respect for her and we're proud of what she was doing until she decided to call them out at halftime and then received an award for just being on the field. Had nothing to do with being a woman. Imagine a kicker just added to the team the week before calling guys out who aren't cheering for their team? That alone is enough to create resentment. 

Didn’t she win a title in her sport? Seems a lot more embarrassing that Vandy can’t get a first down or even compete with a terrible Missouri team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, psychobillies said:

I'm not sure that's true today.  I'm just hopeful that LSU comes out and plays with some pride and gets after it a little bit, but I think Saban will be out for blood today.

I think we have a long history of Saban not pummeling teams in the 4th quarter when he could. He’s not some angry Twitter guy that is all hurt because LSU had the audacity to be good one year. And he knows LSU will be good again. Not saying they won’t cover but I extremely doubt he’s throwing in the 4th quarter up 28. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Capella said:

I think we have a long history of Saban not pummeling teams in the 4th quarter when he could. He’s not some angry Twitter guy that is all hurt because LSU had the audacity to be good one year. And he knows LSU will be good again. Not saying they won’t cover but I extremely doubt he’s throwing in the 4th quarter up 28. 

Because you don't think they'll be up by 28?  I'll take it.:hifive:

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Capella said:

Didn’t she win a title in her sport? Seems a lot more embarrassing that Vandy can’t get a first down or even compete with a terrible Missouri team. 

It certainly is. The team is crap this year and they don't need someone just showing up yelling at them for not cheering. Especially a kicker. Add in their coach getting fired and some of the players apparently just said #### it.

Edited by Insein
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tom Servo changed the title to 2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...