What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (1 Viewer)

Did you see that recent report.  ND makes less in TV revenue than each ACC team gets.  They are making more from ACC revenue share this year than they usually make.  How the hell is that?   Did not see the report, just some high level summaries of it. 

Plus their matchups with USC, Stanford, etc aren;t exactly as riveting as playing Clemson, Miami, Fl St, or even UNC or VT.  West coast teams other than Oregon have been mostly incognito since the playoffs began.
I think they might not be sold on ACC, keeping options open.  This is why the new ACC president is the guy from Northwestern.  He has ND ties.

UNC needed Clemson to win to get into the Orange Bowl, but at this rate, Clemson is going to play ND into the Orange Bowl.

But I think the 2nd half will be tighter. ND looked pretty solid early. 

He's a good announcer imo and gives a crap about the players.  I like him but I don't watch the games because of him.
He's fine, but he is in love with Clemson. So when he is commentating their games it isn't great IMO.

I don't watch a ton of BIG10, enjoyed hearing Gus call a game today.

Since I pretty much hate all of ND, Bama, and Ohio State I have no choice but to root on the future New York Jet QB.  And while we are at it, win one for the Jimbo!

ND defense looks like it finally got off the bus at least. Offense has really let them down today. QB differential is so ridiculously night and day. Kelly needs to recruit a top tier guy to win one of these. Love Book overall but man. 

A&M is garbage, they can’t actually take them
I’m not here to defend the Aggies but “garbage”??  They’ve lost one time and after some early close games they’ve played pretty well and didn’t get totally murdered by Bama.  I mean if they are garbage then 98% of teams are garbage - including OU.

1. Clemson 2. Bama 3. OSU 4. A&M 5. ND

Book it. No way ND gets any credit for their year after this showing (and they don’t really deserve it blowing it here too). 

Book it. No way ND gets any credit for their year after this showing (and they don’t really deserve it blowing it here too). 
I’d be shocked if A&M gets in ahead of ND - they don’t have a signature win and ND still has the name.  What has A&M done?

BREAKING NEWS

Spoke to an industry source tonight with direct knowledge of the Rose Bowl situation. He said that it “seems to be headed elsewhere.” The game moving to AT&T Stadium in Dallas area remains the most likely scenario. The plan is to have a decision prior to selections tomorrow.

Gonna be close.   I'd put in A&M just b/c of the recency of such an ugly loss and the asterisk on the first Clemson win with so many Clemson players out.   As a ND fan, part of me just doesn't want to have to watch this again.   They really should just have Alabama and Clemson play a best of 3.    Everyone else is clearly a step below those two.   

BREAKING NEWS

Spoke to an industry source tonight with direct knowledge of the Rose Bowl situation. He said that it “seems to be headed elsewhere.” The game moving to AT&T Stadium in Dallas area remains the most likely scenario. The plan is to have a decision prior to selections tomorrow.
I'm fairly sure this was discussed a few weeks ago.  Am I crazy?  

Here’s a reason they may give the nod to ND - they won’t want a rematch of Bama-A&M and I’m not sure they can figure out a way to make Clemson #1.  But all ND had to do was keep it respectable and they couldn’t do that - nobody should be crying for them if they get left out.  

Here’s a reason they may give the nod to ND - they won’t want a rematch of Bama-A&M and I’m not sure they can figure out a way to make Clemson #1.  But all ND had to do was keep it respectable and they couldn’t do that - nobody should be crying for them if they get left out.  
I think you can back bend them into #1 giving them a pass on the first loss.  Who would really cry?  Does OSU scare Bama, like at all?

My wife is a Lily truther, among a few other things she believes she thinks she's sewn into those shirts.  I'm starting to believe it.

Explain why OSU must be seeded above TAMU.  

I’m mad at myself for falling for Kelly’s BS again. He’s ND’s Lucy with the football. No way should his tenure allow him to pass Rockne (shudders). I wouldn’t cry if he ran to the NFL after this season. 

I'm not seeing why ND should be in the final 4 over A&M.
Barring a run here by ND, it seems like it will be A&M. And maybe should be.

But I think it's very close. We're talking about 1-loss teams that only lost to one of the only two super elite teams in the country.  Both losses in the 30 point range (for now).

So, maybe it comes down to best wins. A&M beat Florida, but a very good case could be made that beating a hobbled Clemson is a much better win. And I'm biased, but I think the UNC win for ND is on par with Florida. 

It's going to be an interesting choice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m mad at myself for falling for Kelly’s BS again. He’s ND’s Lucy with the football. No way should his tenure allow him to pass Rockne (shudders). I wouldn’t cry if he ran to the NFL after this season. 
He only needs 3 more wins :lol:   He's gonna blow past that.   

Anyone looking for a sign of a return to normalcy with 2020 ending need not look farther than this game. Kelly crapping the bed on a national stage signals the return to the days of old. 

I’m surprised how loud mouth Clemson guys have been all game. I get it people were upset and looking for revenge, but especially Skalski has been acting like an ### all game. Surprised he’s not drawn a taunting penalty yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread