What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (2 Viewers)

@KegsnEggs: *committee quietly readies to drop Cincinnati two spots
Can’t imagine Cincy would have been more than the 21 point dog Notre Dame is. Probably would have been exactly that. I really thought the committee did an ok job the first few years but it’s embarrassing now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Really sucks that UNC finally makes it to a major bowl game, and they even get one of those SEC cupcakes, and they aren't going to be at full strength.

Can’t imagine Cincy would have been more than the 21 point dog Notre Dame is. Probably would have been exactly that. I really thought the committee did an ok job the first few years but it’s embarrassing now. 
Hopefully this leads to 8 team playoff with G5 auto bid

Damn shame this Cincinnati team didn't get a shot. Such a stupid system.
Hard to say. They're playing a team which has only beat bad teams, and whose best "win" is either of two large losses to Alabama and Florida. All the SEC's best wins are just losing to Alabama and then beating each other in a circle jerk. Plus, don't forget, Georgia falls under the SEC rule that when they lose a bowl game they just didn't care. SEC teams never lose games they care about against anyone from another conference... 🙄

Hard to say. They're playing a team which has only beat bad teams, and whose best "win" is either of two large losses to Alabama and Florida. All the SEC's best wins are just losing to Alabama and then beating each other in a circle jerk. Plus, don't forget, Georgia falls under the SEC rule that when they lose a bowl game they just didn't care. SEC teams never lose games they care about against anyone from another conference... 🙄
Sec was not good this year. TAMU at 5 was overrated. Florida defense sucked. Georgia is super talented but couldn’t get it together. Conference continues to just ride the Bama coat tails. 

That said I don’t think there were any good conferences this year. 

Reminds me a bit of Muschamp vs Smart last year.

With all the money involved, I don't understand why there isn't someone on staff to make the right decisions.
Those of us who have played Madden for any length of time are better at it than 90% of college and pro coaches.  Just unreal.

Fickell is dumb for not running on 3rd and 2.  At least get the 45 seconds off the clock.  

Cincinnati loses undefeated season because of horrible clock management. Stupid.
Also left 10 to 12 seconds on the play clock in between plays.  UGA should have only had about 25 seconds to work with after the punt...IF they even got the ball after a 3rd and 2 Ritter run.

Calling my shot on ND/Bama. Not even the most ardent Notre Dame fan thinks we have a realistic shot. There is only a chance for ND if two things happen:

• ND can run against Bama like they did against Clemson - we should know within two series if they can do this
  • ND can pressure Jones without having to constantly blitz
ND's secondary is its weakness on defense and I suspect the Bama WRs will have a field day. Yes Smith might still get his, but ND seems to make heroes out of the lesser immediately known players, so I think Metchie is the guy today that torches ND.

I'll say it ends up something along the lines of 42-17 or 42-21 with ND coming close to covering but not quite.

@ryanlawrence21: Former Phillies prospect Cord Sandberg (the team’s 3rd round pick in 2013) is entering to play QB for Auburn in the fourth quarter of the Citrus Bowl.

Run for 15, next three plays are passes. Vintage Kelly offense. 

Users who are viewing this thread