What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (5 Viewers)

That's you're only reason?

I think them being in there is just fine. Who are you putting in over them?
It’s not my only reason, but it’s the only reason they’re there. They have a “big win” against a top five team. If they got blown out like they did two weeks ago, I don’t think they would be there so that game definitely came into play. I do agree if other people think that would matter who you put in, but I would’ve much rather seen somebody else with a higher RPI or just as good of a chance as ND get the shot. 

Btw Temble is ND’s #1 blocking TE so that really hurts ND’s C gap running they mentioned earlier. I bet ND goes pass happy unfortunately *sigh*

Pretty tough sledding when ND has to work that hard to score.  Why do I feel Bama will score in 5-6 plays here, then its game over?

It’s not my only reason, but it’s the only reason they’re there. They have a “big win” against a top five team. If they got blown out like they did two weeks ago, I don’t think they would be there so that game definitely came into play. I do agree if other people think that would matter who you put in, but I would’ve much rather seen somebody else with a higher RPI or just as good of a chance as ND get the shot. 
That game should be factored in heavily.  Name the teams with higher RPI's, then we can go from there.  

Cincy doesn't belong, sorry.  Played two less games and no top-5 matchups.  Bama would kick their ### also.
Neither one of us are going to change our minds so I’ll drop it after this. I’m guessing after today Notre Dame is going to have been blown out by two of the top three teams. But somehow we’re supposed to believe that they are in the top four because they beat a severely depleted Clemson team in overtime. Like I said, no one else would’ve probably fared any better, but I would’ve liked to of seen someone else get the chance. I couldn’t care less about the two less games. They had no control over that.

Neither one of us are going to change our minds so I’ll drop it after this. I’m guessing after today Notre Dame is going to have been blown out by two of the top three teams. But somehow we’re supposed to believe that they are in the top four because they beat a severely depleted Clemson team in overtime. Like I said, no one else would’ve probably fared any better, but I would’ve liked to of seen someone else get the chance. I couldn’t care less about the two less games. They had no control over that.
Lawrence was out but the backup passed for 800 yards in that game.  Missing Lawrence wasn't the reason.  And you could replace ND with UGA, Cincinnati, A&M, Florida or anyone else and Alabama is kicking their ### too

Lawrence was out but the backup passed for 800 yards in that game.  Missing Lawrence wasn't the reason.  And you could replace ND with UGA, Cincinnati, A&M, Florida or anyone else and Alabama is kicking their ### too
A&M already got their ### kicked by Bama.  Its a year that has 3 elite teams.  

Heck, I have a lot bet on Bama -19.5.

Yes, I already indicated that Lawrence was not the reason they lost. It was the multiple starters on defense. I also already stated that those other teams would likely lose as well. But I would prefer to give them a chance.

At least we’d see someone new get curb stomped. Give someone else a chance instead of doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. 

Why do the TV stations have to interview coaches at halftime?  You could tell Saban was like let's get this #### over with! ####

Book has a lot of heart, but this is his ceiling and this is the biggest problem with Kelly. He refuses to recruit a top QB and favors to play up the 3* guys. Making it to the playoff, it’s a clear disadvantage each time and either needs to change or he needs to go. 

Next year when the media goes all syrupy over Kelly passing Rockne in wins, I bet none of them also adds in that he’s lost more games as ND coach (38 and counting) than any other by far (Holtz - 30). 

Watching the Alabama/ND game and my 5 year old asks me who I want to win. It’s like asking me which Jonas brother I want to have sex with. (Go Clemson!  I guess?)

Yes, I don’t understand why that’s the Big Ten’s fault? Don’t the bowl games decide who gets the invite?
Usually there are options in the agreements where the bowls can take a lower seeded team if its more attractive to the Bowl.  Northwestern has been a victim of this in the past.  Of course they didn't like how the Big 10 changed the rules for Ohio St, which is what started all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread