Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After paying his dues, my son gets to finally officially cover Gator football. @alligatorSports: Football writer @Bfarrell727 breaks down DC Todd Grantham's two-pronged defensive strategy and how

There is also great optimism outside Michigan that the deal gets wrapped up soon. 

Between Notre Dame and Dabo today Jesus has to really be rethinking his corporate sponsorships......

9 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

No temptations to let your hair down in Austin....

Strange timing for sure.  Wonder where Herman ends up. 

Wish the FSU opening was this year instead of last year. I think he’s a good coach. 

I will be curious to see Texas fan reactions after all of the pitchforks for Herman lately when they realize they hired a guy who went 34-29 at Washington and 12-6 at SC. Woof, don’t like it at all and not at the $$$ it cost them. 

51 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

the idea of basically holding kids hostage for 4-5 years because of a decision some of them made at 16, 17, 18 years old does seem kind of gross

Agreed

25 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Should be a fun final. Particularly since Clemson isn't in it.

I don't think either Bama or OSU is particularly impressive in the secondary.

🤷🏼‍♂️ Surtain is one of the best corners in the game. The secondary isn't the strength for Alabama, but it's still pretty good. Opposing passing stats are a bit misleading when they usually have a large lead.

• Thinking 1
Just now, Jayded said:

ESPN noting Texas was after Meyer and Brian Kelly ( 🤣 ) too. Man oh man they can have Kelly if they want him. 

Kelly's answer to the reporter after the Bama beatdown where he was basically crying about local media was not so good. I'm guessing this isn't the first time he cried about this.

RedPlagueSports

@RedDirtSport

I know we're all dealing with Florida Gator fans but OU fans we need to stop and recognize something truly important Texas just lost an FCS OL grad transfer recruiting battle to Duke.

• Laughing 1
39 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Should be a fun final. Particularly since Clemson isn't in it.

I don't think either Bama or OSU is particularly impressive in the secondary.

PFF College@PFF_College

Marcus Williamson in coverage vs Clemson 50 snaps 2 targets 1 catch allowed (15 yards)

-------------------------------------------

PFF College@PFF_College

Patrick Surtain II in coverage vs Notre Dame 52 snaps 2 targets 1 catch allowed (6 yards)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

PFF College@PFF_College

Marcus Williamson in coverage vs Clemson 50 snaps 2 targets 1 catch allowed (15 yards)

-------------------------------------------

PFF College@PFF_College

Patrick Surtain II in coverage vs Notre Dame 52 snaps 2 targets 1 catch allowed (6 yards)

They're good players in each. Surtain II looks like a really great NFL prospect, loved watching his dad.

Just seems like relatively weak units on stacked teams going up against very strong passing games that scheme very well. Oz made a good point that playing with leads does tend to distort the stats.

1 minute ago, Desert_Power said:

They're good players in each. Surtain II looks like a really great NFL prospect, loved watching his dad.

Just seems like relatively weak units on stacked teams going up against very strong passing games that scheme very well. Oz made a good point that playing with leads does tend to distort the stats.

Well, you have to consider the high level of QB play.  Not sure of the ND QB but Trevor Laurence is likely the top pick of the NFL draft. 

I have to give credit to Fields.  See Chris Fowler's comments.

🎥  Justin Fields delivered a historic performance vs. Clemson - Chris Fowler

15 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

The Bama issues are led by the DL...I think the lines on both sides will be the key matchup, as the OSU DL and Bama OL are both strengths.

2 minutes ago, The General said:

I can't believe I got sucked in to watch this :lol:

I told my wife I had to watch every game today since CFB was ending on 1/11 and it won't be back till 9/4. I wrote a check my butt is willing to cash.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2
3 minutes ago, Christo said:

I told my wife I had to watch every game today since CFB was ending on 1/11 and it won't be back till 9/4. I wrote a check my butt is willing to cash.

Anyone watching this mess outside of Bloomington or Oxford has a problem :lol:

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

I see and have heard that Sark is the guy at Texas and now I have heard that Sark turned the job down. @davivdpollack47

This has to be timing confusion or a negotiation...no way Texas fires Herman without their guy locked in.

13 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Interesting choice by Ole Miss to give Kiffin a new contract after going  4-5 in a weak SEC.

Seems like the best they can possibly do to me...Id be surprised if they kept him long.

Joel Klatt⁦‪@joelklatt‬⁩

Sark had a couple of opportunities to become HC over the last 12 months, but Alabama indicated they would go with him post Saban...Texas, however, is to good to pass up...He did a wonderful job at Washington and has grown significantly as a person...If it's him it's a good hire

I don't see how having the best talent and almost an automatic bid in the playoffs each year and being the number 2 guy in Tuscaloosa ... taking the Texas job seems like a step down.  

5 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Anyone in here still believe college football is a superior product to the NFL?

The gap has to have at least narrowed?

If "product" includes atmosphere, tailgating, stadiums, pre/post events, absolutely...hands down, no question.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, The Commish said:

If "product" includes atmosphere, tailgating, stadiums, pre/post events, absolutely...hands down, no question.

And the fact that I actually have a tangible connection to the team/school. The Bears might as well be a division of AT&T.

4 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Seahawks, Chiefs, Packers only NFL venues I have seen a game that come close to tailgating I did at a Tennessee / Alabama game Saturday night game a few years ago. I have zero interest in either of those teams but that was one of the craziest, most intense events I have ever been to.

Bama was up like 21 after the 1st quarter, thought people may die that night.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, gump said:

This has to be timing confusion or a negotiation...no way Texas fires Herman without their guy locked in.

It’s done. He’ll coach the CFP Champ game then head to Austin.

2 minutes ago, gump said:

It’s done. He’ll coach the CFP Champ game then head to Austin.

If Gump reports this, I’m sold. 

• Laughing 1
  • Tom Servo changed the title to 2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.