What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (3 Viewers)

Ian Rappaport reporting Urban Meyer "expects" to be coaching the Jags next year...and if not Urban they could go after Ryan Day. Fascinating. 

Man if you asked me tomorrow who you’d want to lead your program...Herman or Sark, I think a lot of people would immediately say Herman? Seems like such a weird decision. 

NOOOOOOOOO!!!
A) The list of successful college coaches who have flamed out on the pro level is long.

B) Jags don't have a GM. If they hire Urbs, that GM will be a yes man personnel guy. 

C) I'd rather they hire a good GM first then let him sign the HC (with NFL coordinator experience at least).

D) If Urbs got the job and passed on Trevor Lawrence to draft Fields I'd be pissed.

Ian Rappaport reporting Urban Meyer "expects" to be coaching the Jags next year...and if not Urban they could go after Ryan Day. Fascinating. 
I don’t think it will happen but if Day went to the Jags, he gets his choice of Lawrence  or Fields. Would be an interesting dynamic. 

Man if you asked me tomorrow who you’d want to lead your program...Herman or Sark, I think a lot of people would immediately say Herman? Seems like such a weird decision. 
There are reports out there that Sark is a better person now than when he was an HC before. 
I don’t know if a place like Texas is the place to attempt that comeback. 

A) The list of successful college coaches who have flamed out on the pro level is long.

B) Jags don't have a GM. If they hire Urbs, that GM will be a yes man personnel guy. 

C) I'd rather they hire a good GM first then let him sign the HC (with NFL coordinator experience at least).

D) If Urbs got the job and passed on Trevor Lawrence to draft Fields I'd be pissed.
Agree with most, but D is not likely.

https://saturdaytradition.com/ohio-state-football/former-ohio-state-head-coach-urban-meyer-calls-trevor-lawrence-the-best-quarterback-ever/

Who pays the bill on getting rid of guys like Herman and staff?  At a state school I mean.  $24M is a lot of coin. 

Does it come from the athletic booster fund?  So alumni?   Or state coffers thus the Texas taxpayers?  Or some other place like tuitions over the past xxx years ? 

I so love this. OU is controlling the narrative in Austin, so delicious. 

I don’t understand how Matt Campbell doesn’t get more love. He’s much better than some of these recycled coaches getting bigger jobs. His day will come. 

Who pays the bill on getting rid of guys like Herman and staff?  At a state school I mean.  $24M is a lot of coin. 

Does it come from the athletic booster fund?  So alumni?   Or state coffers thus the Texas taxpayers?  Or some other place like tuitions over the past xxx years ? 
Revenue....TV, tickets, donations, etc. Texas Football pulls in $150M/year.

I so love this. OU is controlling the narrative in Austin, so delicious. 

I don’t understand how Matt Campbell doesn’t get more love. He’s much better than some of these recycled coaches getting bigger jobs. His day will come. 
There were rumors FSU wanted him last year but he said no thanks. Not sure if true. I am surprised Texas didn’t make a move on him. Maybe he’s truly not interested. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If "product" includes atmosphere, tailgating, stadiums, pre/post events, absolutely...hands down, no question.
Nope. I’m talking about kicking back on my sofa and watching the product on TV.  Four years ago I would argue with several of you that the nfl was a better product and post how 80% of the top 20 won by 20 or more. Many would fire back with decent argues why college was better. I’m still enjoying the nfl the same but college games are getting less of my eyeball time. 

Nope. I’m talking about kicking back on my sofa and watching the product on TV.  Four years ago I would argue with several of you that the nfl was a better product and post how 80% of the top 20 won by 20 or more. Many would fire back with decent argues why college was better. I’m still enjoying the nfl the same but college games are getting less of my eyeball time. 
The atmosphere comes through the tv too, especially for night games at iconic venues. The nfl is obviously the better league but their tv presentation is blah and every stadium is the same. *plays crazy train before kickoff*

I think Sark will sign a big QB prospect, and develop him....build a staff of recruiters and a really good DC and look out.

I don’t get the Urban Meyer shtick. This is a guy who got too stressed out going 11-1 every year and beating teams by 35 points at Florida and Ohio State so he’s going to go coach the [checks again] ... Jacksonville Jaguars? In the freaking NFL??  He can’t sad eat Papa John’s 13 times a year. 

The atmosphere comes through the tv too, especially for night games at iconic venues. The nfl is obviously the better league but their tv presentation is blah and every stadium is the same. *plays crazy train before kickoff*
Blaring loud train horns every 3rd downs or touchdown doesn't get you pumped? :lmao:

@mortreport: Kellen Moore will remain as the Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator in 2021, bypassing an opportunity to return to his alma mater at Boise St as HC, per league sources to @WerderEdESPN and me.
Cowboys expect to sign Moore to an extension, per sources.

@mortreport: Kellen Moore will remain as the Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator in 2021, bypassing an opportunity to return to his alma mater at Boise St as HC, per league sources to @WerderEdESPN and me.
Cowboys expect to sign Moore to an extension, per sources.
Even for an alum, going from the Dallas Cowboys to the Mountain West is a pretty steep fall. 

:shrug:   If that's the case, I'd hope the NFL was "better".

I'd still GO to a college game any day over an NFL game.  The superbowl is probably the most overrated in person experience I've ever been to.  

too corporate an event. it's so expensive that regular people get priced out.

still on my bucket list, but i don't expect it to be an exciting fan experience.
I’ve always wanted to go, but I’ve been to championships in the other 3 major sports and while they are series and nowhere near the spectacle of Super Bowls, once the ball is in play you kinda just sit down and watch a game. 

Maybe I'm too old and too far behind on the lingo ... but how long has "chest" been used to mean "heart", "fire", "determination", "want-to"? Been seeing that all of a sudden (to me) on some football message boards.

Is that what Antonio Brown's "Mr. Big Chest" was in reference to? That he was calling himself something like "Mr. Determination"?

:shrug:   If that's the case, I'd hope the NFL was "better".

I'd still GO to a college game any day over an NFL game.  The superbowl is probably the most overrated in person experience I've ever been to.  
I make a point of going to one CFB game every year--except this one. It usually involves a plane flight and a hotel stay. To get me to Bears game, you'd have to buy my ticket, drive me to Soldier Field, and pay for my food and drinks. And I'd still have to think about it long and hard before committing.

Users who are viewing this thread