Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.

On 1/9/2021 at 10:49 AM, scorchy said:

A couple of things I learned when I moved away from Florida (1) To the vast majority of folks in the northeast, there literally is no difference between most of the southern public schools and (2) pretty much no one cares that your college team won the national championship game the night before.

I can vouchsafe this one. When my ex-girlfriend told she hadn't gotten into University of North Carolina but was proudly ensconced at my little pretty, elite Northeastern university, I was stunned and wondered if she should have been where I was at. We also root for pro football and could care not a whit about college football for the most part (besides PA).

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 2
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After paying his dues, my son gets to finally officially cover Gator football. @alligatorSports: Football writer @Bfarrell727 breaks down DC Todd Grantham's two-pronged defensive strategy and how

There is also great optimism outside Michigan that the deal gets wrapped up soon. 

God Dabo is loathsome. Pour it on. 

On 1/9/2021 at 1:49 PM, scorchy said:

Yeah, UGA is on a list of schools my son wants to visit because of their well-regarded Slavic Studies program (and because he's always heard me talk about how great Athens is).  A few of my IRL Gator friends roll their eyes a little, but there is one who said he would disown his daughter if she went to UGA or FSU - and he was dead serious.  Definitely needs help.

A couple of things I learned when I moved away from Florida (1) To the vast majority of folks in the northeast, there literally is no difference between most of the southern public schools and (2) pretty much no one cares that your college team won the national championship game the night before.

Yea I have quite a few Boston and New York friends and none of them get it. One routinely asks me why so many people care about the nfl’s minor league. “Everybody down there root for triple-A baseball that hard too?”

Edited by Capella
  • Laughing 1
5 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yea I have quite a few Boston and New York friends and none of them get it. One routinely asks me why so many people care about the nfl’s minor league. “Everybody down there root for triple-A baseball that hard too?”

Us folks from the Boston area don't follow college football because we've never had a local team worthy.

My theory, ... Boston schools put academics ahead of athletics ... so we're not getting the elite recruits.

... but we do end up with the best doctors in the world .. so I guess that's a fair trade off. 

So, is this Mac Jones kid any kind of good NFL prospect? Every time I watch him play he just looks composed and calm back there. And delivers all the throws.

Probably helps to have that offensive line, but he still always seems to execute.

Just now, ChiefD said:

So, is this Mac Jones kid any kind of good NFL prospect? Every time I watch him play he just looks composed and calm back there. And delivers all the throws.

Probably helps to have that offensive line, but he still always seems to execute.

Yes

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Corporation said:

Gonna miss Sark.  Apparently replacing him Bill O'Brien.

Please oh please let him Texan up Bama. He owes us Texans fans that much to help make college football interesting again. 

1 minute ago, Jayded said:

Please oh please let him Texan up Bama. He owes us Texans fans that much to help make college football interesting again. 

Yeah not excited for someone who thought "Who needs DeAndre Hopkins?"  But I trust Saban.

• Tom Servo changed the title to 2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo.